PDA

View Full Version : Third Eye ,casting my and foes spells?

CGLover
29-10-2010, 17:09
Is there anything preventing me from casting the spells I know ,then use 3rd eye and cast spells of the opponent ?

Lord_Elric
29-10-2010, 17:17
im sure it states something to that effect in its description does it not say its used at the start of the phase??

CGLover
29-10-2010, 17:19
"In each friendly magic phase,the bearer may choose..."
So no ,not at the start of the magic phase.

Lord_Elric
29-10-2010, 17:25
what about the errata that if something doesnt state when its used then it activates at the start of the phase im sure ive read that on here somewhere..

CGLover
29-10-2010, 17:43
Can't find it in the FAQ

decker_cky
29-10-2010, 19:06
Doesn't work that way, because "If the Sorceror uses this ability, he may not cast any of his own spells this turn." covers the entire turn retroactively. If you've already cast a spell, then it can't be used.

stripsteak
29-10-2010, 19:26
what about the errata that if something doesnt state when its used then it activates at the start of the phase im sure ive read that on here somewhere..
that faq was only for items that generate power dice

Ramius4
29-10-2010, 19:50
Doesn't work that way, because "If the Sorceror uses this ability, he may not cast any of his own spells this turn." covers the entire turn retroactively. If you've already cast a spell, then it can't be used.

Agreed completely. That's as clear as it gets right there.

CGLover
29-10-2010, 20:42

Hmm..well I see it as then when I use the ability ,then I can no longer cast my own spells.

How can I tell if it covers the entire turn retroactively?

Ramius4
29-10-2010, 20:46

Umm.. Because of the part where it says "he may not cast any of his own spells this turn."

Look at it this way. Did you cast any of your spells 'this turn'? If the answer is yes, then you cannot use the ability.

DwD
29-10-2010, 22:02
Dont try to bend rules when its as obvious as this :(

Harwammer
30-10-2010, 13:20
Hmm..well I see it as then when I use the ability ,then I can no longer cast my own spells.

When it says in this turn it means the whole turn otherwise the limit is pointless ('I'm gonna cast some of my own spells now because I've finished using 3rd eye in this turn' is pretty close to 'I'm gonna cast some of my own spells now I've not started using 3rd eye in this turn'...

No, the only way 3rd eye makes sense is if it is active the whole turn.