PDA

View Full Version : Tournament in 2 weeks! Untested list, please help! 2500 WoC

Thaddius
29-10-2010, 23:28
So as the title states I have a tournament in 2 weeks and, I'm taking an untested list. Why am I doing this you ask? Simple, at the last minute (a week before lists were due) they decided to add a few amendments to the rules. One of which disallows an item specific to my army, and pretty much the entire crux of my force, theme and all. Anywho, this is a throw together list I'm taking in place of my main army. I have the ability to change my list up until the night before the tournament so please, be as hard on it as you can. Thanks in advance.

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch Level 4
Disc of Tzeentch
Charmed Shield
Infernal Puppet
Talisman of Preservation
Conjoined Homunculus

Chaos Sorcerer Level 2
The Black Tongue
Bloodcurdling Roar

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer) *was thinking of giving him the Rapturous Standard*
Talisman of Endurance
Stream of Corruption

Chaos Warriors x37
Mark of Tzeentch
Great Weapons
Shields
Full Command
Banner of Rage

Chaos Knights x7
Mark of Khorne
Blasted Standard

Chaos Warshrine of Tzeentch

Chaos Marauders x30
Mark of Tzeentch
Great Weapon
Full Command

Chaos Marauders x30
Mark of Tzeentch
Great Weapon
Full Command

Torpedo Vegas
30-10-2010, 00:41
Holy crap are you talking about the tourney at TBS Comics on the 14th? I know its highly unlikely but I know someone with the exact list.
Looks solid, but even with your magic you lack ranged umph. How will you handle warmachines? It seams a damned shame to waste all that crazy Zeentch magic on taking out the 6 odd cannons your average Empire or Dorf player tends to field.

John Vaughan
30-10-2010, 01:04
My biggest suggestion: Dump the GWs on the warriors, and use the points to get another shrine. I might also consider moving the blasted standard to the warriors, and giving the BSB banner of rage. That's what I do, anyhow.

I would exchange your lvl 2 wizzi for an exalted champion. You need someone to take challenges from your wizzies.

AAAAND use your 2 shrines to beef your warriors horde like crazy. I've done that exact thing (using hw+shield and +1S +1T from the shrines) and blunted a charge from a minotaur horde. I did 21 wounds and he did 5. He looked rather pathetic, and I enjoyed using my horde as a push broom to sweep his entire army off the board with NO resistance whatsoever.

Thaddius
30-10-2010, 13:14
-Torpedo- No, this list is actually for The Alamo and, it's 1 week away not 2. That's what I get for typing so fast. As for artillery I don't pay much attention to it. My goal is to get into combat as quick as I can to avoid it, plus, I always have knights.

-John- The reason for the GWs on the warriors is for the constant STR6. I don't want to run due shrines just because you can always count on them, at least with the GWs it's always there. Well, I don't want my BSB to carry a magic standard just because he is the one accepting challenges in that unit. And if he has a magic banner he will be unable to have any kind of decent protection in said challenge. That, and I think the knights will benefit more from the Blasted Standard just because they are going to be the primary shooting target. And if they aren't, then my opponent has made a grievous error as they have the ability to grind down almost any unit out there!

Leth Von Lucifuge
30-10-2010, 16:50
You know, stream of corruption is better suited on something that can fly, since you can actually hit more models that way. Do it before you charge into a hoard. Also for WM, use the flying wizard. Whenever I don't throw out a prince I use a disc as a dedicated WM killer.

Thaddius
30-10-2010, 18:07
-Leth- Yeah, that was my plan. Since I have GWs I was going to run up as close as possible to the unit I want to charge and hit them with it. Since my unit would be striking last anyway it wouldn't matter who charged, sans the +1 bonus of course. Also I don't really see the point of sending my lord WM hunting, unless I get the right spells he wont do much good if he is in combat.

thesheriff
31-10-2010, 09:42
*I'd swap GW for hand wep, shield, light armour on the marauders for best tarpit.
*I'd put halberds on the warriors. They'll still be wounding most stuff on 2's, and will be I5.
*Keep the bsb as he is, and put the rapturous standard on the unit instead of the banner of rage. And then give the unit khorne, not tzeentch, so they still have frenzy.

thesheriff

Thaddius
31-10-2010, 12:26
-thesheriff- Though I wasn't really going for tar pits with the marauders I'll give it a try and see what happens. That and I kind of like the idea that they get some sort of save vs. shooting.

See I was thinking about using halberds instead of GWs, just cause it seems like a waste for a I5 troop to have a GW. Though since most of the people I play have T4 armies I just figured the GWs would give that little extra oomph needed.

LoL and you and I are of the same opinion! I initially wanted to give my horde unit the Rapturous Standard and mark them with Khorne, but it just seemed kinda off since I had a Tzeentch lord. Though now since the army isn't so monotheistic in its building it can't hurt, I suppose.

DeathlessDraich
31-10-2010, 14:41
1) 1 Dispel Scroll is obligatory to assure 1 spell is definitely dispelled in the early stages.

2) the 37, 30, 30 composition is unnecessary duplication of roles - 3 would-be anvils?
Consider a unit of 40/45 marauders with GW. or 40 Warriors and remove 1 unit of 30 Mards.
GW on marauders is almost standard now but havong them on warriors makes the army dwarvish in combat.
Use some Marauder horsemen units w Flails maybe

3) There are no sacrificials. You need some. At least 2 small units of warhounds to help deflect charges, throw at Thirsters to delay them etc etc.

4) Your Sorcerer general is bound to be targetted and will eventually die. Consider Chaos Lord/Sorcerer Lord or Chaos Lord/2 Sorcerer combos.
The Sorcerer lord can be placed in the 2nd rank and still cast 5 spells - 3 command plus 2 other characters in front initially.

Thaddius
31-10-2010, 17:42
-DeathlessDraich- Yeah, that's the only thing I think this army is lacking, a dispell scroll. I just can't find the points to put one in, that and my Black Tongue and Infernal Puppet should help out in some way.

As far as the 37, 30 and 30 thing goes I don't see them as all being anvils. The marauders might be considered as such but not the warriors. They will be run in horde formation and just grind people down. With the marauders I will try and get them stuck into someone and have the knights hit the flank of whatever they are fighting.

Yeah, re-directors work wonders for my Skaven army though I just can't find a place for them in this army. I might lower the marauders a few for a couple units of hounds.

Yes and no on the Lord, he has a 2+armor save and a 3+WS. The only thing out there better off is a Slann. Heh, I might be of a different opinion when I get a game or two in.

Thaddius
01-11-2010, 19:20
So I've updated the list and had my first game last night against Orcs and Goblins. All in all the list did well, save for the fact I couldn't cast a spell to save my life. CURSE YOU MORK'S SPIRIT TOTEM AND STAFF OF SNEAKY STEALING!! And that Blasted Standard is crap! He killed 4 knights in 1 shot with a Doom-Diver! I know it was bad rolling on my part but still...
Anyway, here is the list I ran.

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch Level 4
Disc of Tzeentch
Charmed Shield
Infernal Puppet
Talisman of Preservation
Conjoined Homunculus

Chaos Sorcerer Level 2
The Black Tongue
Bloodcurdling Roar

Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer)
Halberd
Talisman of Endurance
Stream of Corruption

Chaos Warriors x37
Mark of Khorne
Halberds
Shields
Full Command
Rapturous Standard

Chaos Knights x7
Mark of Khorne
Blasted Standard