PDA

View Full Version : DoC - 1st attempt

Pawn of Decay
30-10-2010, 21:28
Ok so this is my first attempt at a Daemons fantasy list. I have tried to make it a balanced army whilst including some things I quite enjoy, whether models or ideas. I still want the list to be fairly competetive but I want to have fun using it aswell.

All advice and help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Heros - 24%

The Masque of Slaanesh - 90pts

Herald of Tzeentch - 165pts
- Master of Sorcery
- Spellbreaker

Herald of Nurgle - 225pts
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Palaquin
- Noxious Vapours
- Slime Trail

Core - 58.7%

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (23) - 369pts
- The Changeling
- Standard Bearer with the Icon of Sorcery
- Musician

Formation: 6x4

Plague Bearers of Nurgle (20) - 295pts
- Full Command
- Standard of Seeping Decay

Bloodletters of Khorne (24) - 318pts
- Full Command

Chaos Furies (8) - 96pts

Chaos Furies (8) - 96pts

Rare - 17.25%

Bloodcrushers of Khorne (4) - 345pts
- Bloodreaper
- Standard Bearer with the Icon of Endless War

Total Points = 1,999pts

thesheriff
30-10-2010, 21:35
Ok, nice list. Good to see a poly list with no GD. I would first bump the bloodletters up to 30 and horde them, and give them the icon of endless war. I would also add some more horrors (4) and an extra bloodcrusher (at the expense of the furies). Furies are cool, but not that good.

And the palanquin bsb, nice idea :p

thesheriff

RMacDeezy
31-10-2010, 04:41
pretty solid advice from thesheriff but if i may, i would say keep at least 1 unit of furies or replace them with something else fast as dropping them will leave you with nothing to go after WM except your crushers and you don't want to waste them doing that.

thesheriff
31-10-2010, 06:45
I tried some furies in my khorne army (bloodletters with gargoyle wings and tails - the slugletters) and as soon as they got close to the enemy warmachine a unit or 2 of bowmen would turn to them and eliminate them. I just found that, for the ppints of any other lesser daemon, they wernt worth it. At the end if the day, there hardly cheap.

Pawn of Decay
31-10-2010, 17:24
Hmm. Thanks for the advise. I did have the furies in for WM hunting... If I took them out and bolstered the units i'm not sure how badly Warmachines could screw with me...

PeG
31-10-2010, 17:31
I tried some furies in my khorne army (bloodletters with gargoyle wings and tails - the slugletters) and as soon as they got close to the enemy warmachine a unit or 2 of bowmen would turn to them and eliminate them. I just found that, for the ppints of any other lesser daemon, they wernt worth it. At the end if the day, there hardly cheap.

This is exactly why I use one unit of furies. My opponent gets nervous about having flyers in range of his warmachines and usually ends up using lots of shots to kill furies that would have been better used elsewhere. Sure they are not that cheap but we dont really have anything else that costs less. If they are shooting my furies they are not shooting my fiends, seekers or whatever other fast units I bring.

As for what potential damage warmachines can do they can really hurt. Cannons are good for taking out GD, crushers etc, mortars are great for killing blocks of core infantry etc.

Finally I usually never field core infantry without a herald with the possible exception of horrors but since I usually want a tzeentch herald anyway they usually get one as well. The abilities added by the heralds is what makes our infantry worth their points.

RMacDeezy
31-10-2010, 17:42
if i have to choose which unit doesn't get a herald it is usually the BL, as they are already very effective in CC and the re-rolls to hit can be acquired in other ways. i agree that heralds are essential for core infantry but sometimes you just can't afford them and in these situations, the BLs usually perform the best in my experience

PeG
31-10-2010, 17:53
It depends what you are fighting against. My most frequent opponents at the moment tends to be khorne warriors with additional hand weapons which means that they strike first with 30S4 attacks. Even a rather large unit of letters needs all support they can get against that.

Pawn of Decay
31-10-2010, 19:44
Well I reasoned that Bloodletters were good enough in general to be the unit that didn't have the Herald with them.

I like the Furies... Maybe 1 unit would suffice then instead of 2?

RELWOF
01-11-2010, 13:15
seems like a pretty solid list.

Wade Wilson
01-11-2010, 14:37
I am quite new to DoC myself but there are 2 small additions you might want to consider?

How about Fiends of Slaanesh instead of the Furies? 3 Fiends is slightly cheaper than the two units of furies. Thy are great warmachine hunters but are also an extremely fast moving unit that can do serious damage to an enemies flank (I think i am right that they also benefit from a stomp attack as they are MBs?).

also

Flammers of Tzeentch. Fantastic ranged support with a decent Bs, also very fast moving, reasonably priced pointswise, can march and shoot (albiet at minus 1 to hit) thanks to them being skirmishers.

I like your list though. I also agree that Bloodletters dont need the herald quite so much as the other units.

Pawn of Decay
01-11-2010, 23:28
Hmm. I had thought about the Fiends. The only problem I have with them are the models lol.

I had wanted to stay away from Flamers. Although they are great I just love the Bloodcrushers too much... :D

Wade Wilson
05-11-2010, 10:48
Haha, im totaly there with you. I dislike the fiend model (and cost) but they are so damn good at what they do...

Bloodcrushers i find are often hit or miss. They really arnt as durable as they should be for their points cost...but when they work they just smash through eney units. :evilgrin:

Pawn of Decay
05-11-2010, 10:58
lol they do indeed.

Will update my list later today and repost.

thesheriff
05-11-2010, 15:36
Why dint you just use the slaanesh boob snake lord mount on swarm bases as seekers. They are 3 more I think.