PDA

View Full Version : Charging, Fleeing, And catching up

Kisanis
30-10-2010, 21:39
Hey all.

Normally I avoid the rules queries and search like a crazy person through forums and the BRB for answers, but couldn't find one on this.

I played a game last night and well ran into my first situation in the new rules where I chose a flee reaction to a charge, fled, and got caught...

But could not find in the BRB what the heck happens (cut down? engaged in combat? etc...)

I get charged by chariot, I flee. I then resolve the charge (roll my distance, and move?) he then resolves his charge later in the movement phase, and if he catches me, then?

Its one of those areas in the new rules where we're just not sure still.

Its a problem for myself and my opponent due to the numerous editions we have floating in our heads (Fantasy: 5th, 6th, 7th, and now 8th; 40k: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)

Sufficed to say, unlearning and relearning is getting harder and harder.

So if anyone can help clarify this for me (And point me where it is so I can bookmark it) that would be great!

DwD
30-10-2010, 21:51
I believe it's after the calculate combat result section. You roll 2D6 to flee, he rolls 2D6 to catch if he wants, else he has to take a LD test to restrain. If he catches you, your unit is detroyed.
As in, you choose flee, you roll and if he catches you he takes your place on the board and your unit is dead. I think the book say something about they get cut down as they are turning around to flee.

edit: actually I dont think thats it because then they would get more movement than what they should have

narrativium
30-10-2010, 21:55
Page 23, first column, 'charging fleeing units'.

Grimskarr
31-10-2010, 02:34
1. He declares a charge.
2. You declare reaction. You chose to flee. You roll for the distance fled and move your unit.
3. He continues declaring any remaining charges.
4. He resolves his charges in any order. In the case of your fleeing unit if he rolls enough to catch it, he moves into contact and then your unit is removed from the game.

pp.17,23

Torpedo Vegas
31-10-2010, 02:38
Your entire unit is killed, and if they aren't they have to take a Leadership test to rally or they keep running, also, if you have a Standard Bearer he is killed if you flee.

Chris_
31-10-2010, 03:47
Pg. 23 BRB, "Charging a fleeing enemy". Your whole unit is removed as casualties.

Torpedo Vegas: Standard Bearers are only removed when you break from combat, not when you flee because of any other reason.

AMWOOD co
31-10-2010, 03:53
... also, if you have a Standard Bearer he is killed if you flee.

That only applies to breaking from combat, not making a flee reaction test or failing panic (or any other circumstance that isn't breaking from combat).

Kisanis
31-10-2010, 20:20
1. He declares a charge.
2. You declare reaction. You chose to flee. You roll for the distance fled and move your unit.
3. He continues declaring any remaining charges.
4. He resolves his charges in any order. In the case of your fleeing unit if he rolls enough to catch it, he moves into contact and then your unit is removed from the game.

pp.17,23

ok, i was 99% sure it was this. The revamping of charges and the order they go in threw us all off.
The game was full of 'dear god I can't beleive we forgot that' moments...

Ah well, just a reason to game more! :D

Khaelan
08-11-2010, 22:32
And if he doesnt catch up its considered a failed charge and he only moves the highest dice.