PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts dragon elfs.

inq.serge
12-03-2006, 09:05
1 prince on dragion with pure heart, null stone, lance, shield and dragon armour. 542pts

1 commander on steed with reaver bow 122pts
(he will mostly run into enemies and stop with in 3", shot them, and when they charge, flee into dangerus allies, like a trap).

1 (5-man)unupgraded unit of dragon princes 130pts

2x (5man units) of silver helms with musicant, shield and heavy armour 2x122pts

FW emperor dragon 960 pts.

well? an army just for fun.

is it fun?

Eldacar
13-03-2006, 00:35
1 prince on dragion with pure heart, null stone, lance, shield and dragon armour. 542pts

1 commander on steed with reaver bow 122pts
(he will mostly run into enemies and stop with in 3", shot them, and when they charge, flee into dangerus allies, like a trap).

1 (5-man)unupgraded unit of dragon princes 130pts

2x (5man units) of silver helms with musicant, shield and heavy armour 2x122pts

FW emperor dragon 960 pts.

well? an army just for fun.

is it fun?
It's illegal, since you will generally need to have at least three Core choices. I count two in this list.

backslide
13-03-2006, 03:06
well that is a start but not really sure i can see this working, but then no idea how hard the FW emperor dragon is

inq.serge
13-03-2006, 12:35
oh, forgot a core, sorry.

what about changing the hero into silverhelms

ROCKY
13-03-2006, 17:49
Its...so small.....I play chaos and even this is small for my tastes..... I would ditch the dragon (the FW) and put in spearmen, a couple of bolt throwers, and some shadow warriors or archers. As for your commander...replace him with a mage and give the mage the ring of fury and a dispel scroll. as for your lord, why the null stone? give him dragon armor, lance, enchanted shield, vimbraces of defense, and the amulet of puring flame. (your prince will still be the same amount of points).

Trunks
14-03-2006, 03:59
I believe it is possible to fit both a Lord on Dragon and the Dogs of War Dragon Rider into a 2000 point army. That's probably a better way to go about this goofy idea since you will have more points left over to get more troops on the board.

Eldacar
14-03-2006, 04:08
I believe it is possible to fit both a Lord on Dragon and the Dogs of War Dragon Rider into a 2000 point army.
You can. It's called the Dragon Attack Squadron. If you bump the point limit to 2250, you can afford to add in the Emperor Dragon on top of that as well, if you're just taking naked 5-man Silver Helm units for your core choices.

but then no idea how hard the FW emperor dragon is
It's like a 1000-point army stuffed into one model.

ROCKY
14-03-2006, 14:05
You can. It's called the Dragon Attack Squadron. If you bump the point limit to 2250, you can afford to add in the Emperor Dragon on top of that as well, if you're just taking naked 5-man Silver Helm units for your core choices.

It's like a 1000-point army stuffed into one model.
Do you have a link eldacar? (your good with those:evilgrin: )

WhiteStar
14-03-2006, 14:27
Wow! Is there a DoW Dragon? I had no idea!

The idea looks sound. Two dragons can usually tandem destroy most things they charge. One thing that you need to remember that with such a small army it becomes easier for big armies to build traps. As the Dragon is a large target, it can see over other units and thus making redirecting charges hard or nigh impossible.

It could be fun - and frustrating for the opponent. These Dragons are hard to catch, but a cunning opponent will be able to trap them - a bad one will have a sorry game.

inq.serge
14-03-2006, 15:11
I believe it is possible to fit both a Lord on Dragon and the Dogs of War Dragon Rider into a 2000 point army. That's probably a better way to go about this goofy idea since you will have more points left over to get more troops on the board.
what dragon rider?i meen Forge World dragon!

gortexgunnerson
14-03-2006, 15:19
The FW dragon will make the game pointless and very uninteresting. Basically if the enemy has a shed load of cannons he will probably win in 30 seconds if he lacks any high stregth artillery their army will be eaten up.

If you want more fun characters its possible to fit 4 Lv4 Wizards (Lv 4 and 3 dark emissouraries) in 2000 points. After you've finished with the dragon army they might fancy playing that lol.

On a more serious note if you want to play with dragons find a serious dwarf player and try the war of the beard lists. Dragon a plenty and an oppenet that is tooled enough to make a good game out of it

Thou I have to say for a 1000 points it isnt actually that good, it sounds odd to say but 8 Attacks isnt actually that many and it only has an armour save no ward. But then again T8 is pretty good armour

Pravus
14-03-2006, 15:28
Two dragons can usually tandem destroy most things they charge. One thing that you need to remember that with such a small army it becomes easier for big armies to build traps

How exactly do you trap two 20" flying, terror causing, toughness 6 dragons? I guess if you like thumping your opponent into the ground with little chance for them to retaliate then it'll probably be enormous fun for you. Of course, you'll eventually encounter multiple bolt throwers/cannons and you'll be removing your dragons at the end of turn one.

WhiteStar
14-03-2006, 15:43
How exactly do you trap two 20" flying, terror causing, toughness 6 dragons? I guess if you like thumping your opponent into the ground with little chance for them to retaliate then it'll probably be enormous fun for you. Of course, you'll eventually encounter multiple bolt throwers/cannons and you'll be removing your dragons at the end of turn one.

FYI that is the whole point in taking down dragons with CC armies. He cannot redirect so you make him charge something, get him to charge something that means you can countercharge the next turn. It is pretty simple in theory, and practice depends on many factors.

Eldacar
15-03-2006, 05:16
If you want more fun characters its possible to fit 4 Lv4 Wizards (Lv 4 and 3 dark emissouraries) in 2000 points. After you've finished with the dragon army they might fancy playing that lol.
I was actually under the impression that you can only take one Dark Emissary at the most, and only certain factions have the option anyway. The High Elves, for example, don't have the option to take a Dark Emissary, but they get to take Truthsayers instead.

inq.serge
15-03-2006, 15:21
toughness 6 dragons

the forge world one has toughnes 8!