PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt lizardmen army

MrVampirechicken
31-10-2010, 12:01
this is my future army list vs Skaven focusing on leadership and terror

it is a grudge match ageist my friend who thinks Skaven are better...

...so I'm out to prove him wrong

he will have an army based on clan Eshin which is mostly assassins

Lords and Heroes

Slann 1 275
Four disciplines of the ancients 150
Shield of mirrored pool 30
Plaque of protection 30

Core
Saurus 16 192
champion 12
musician 6
standard 12

Saurus 20 320
champion 12
musician 6
standard 12

Skinks 22 110
brave 8
Musician 6
Standard bearer 8
2X Kroxigor 110

Skink skirmishers 10 70
brave 6

Special

Temple guard 16 256
Revered Guardian 14
Magic item Burning Blade of Chotec 20
musician 7
Standard bearer 14
Sun Standard of Chotec 40

Ancient Stegadon 275

Army points 2001

I'm only asking will it work

Ed the Dead
31-10-2010, 16:58
Take individual point values off. It's against forum rules. I would say try squeezing in some form of melee hero for one of your hammer units incase you run into other melee heros.

Chiungalla
31-10-2010, 19:25
A slann can not carry a magical shield since it is a magical armor, and wizards are not allowed to wear such stuff, unless they can wear mundane armor.

There is something wrong with the point cost of your second saurus unit. 20 saurus warriors don't cost 320 points.

And if it will work, largely depends on your opponents list. If he goes shooting heavy you will have a problem.

Vsurma
31-10-2010, 19:58
this is my future army list vs Skaven focusing on leadership and terror

it is a grudge match ageist my friend who thinks Skaven are better...

...so I'm out to prove him wrong

he will have an army based on clan Eshin which is mostly assassins

Lords and Heroes

Slann 1 275
Four disciplines of the ancients 150
Shield of mirrored pool 30
Plaque of protection 30
Diciplines in order of popularity are rumination, mystery, cogitation, take 1-3, what is the 4th you are running? Terror is cheaper as an item and not really worth it, regen does nothing unless against a hero that negates or forces rerolls on wards, I can't even remember what the others do, MR is poinltess as 90% of spells go around it. I would go with 1-3 of ones I listed above.

Mirrored pool is pointless against most spells out there, it only works vs magic missiles and the number of those around is low these days, you can take it I just wouldn't bother, though if your specifically tooling up against skaven then sure, they have missiles, but said missiles will just target your saurus, skinks or ancient so I am not sure you gain much, 2 extra bodies will likely do more.

Protection does nothing 99% of the time.

Overall you can take better items or less of them on the slann

Core
Saurus 16 192
champion 12
musician 6
standard 12

Saurus 20 320
champion 12
musician 6
standard 12

Points cost is wrong for the 2nd unit, I would say definitely take spears vs skaven, their units are weak but numerous, spears are the way to go, those slaves will otherwise never disappear

Skinks 22 110
brave 8
Musician 6
Standard bearer 8
2X Kroxigor 110

I like small units of 11+1 krox for hunting war machines and the like, I could never get a unit this size working, they have very little benefit over taking a unit of similar cost of saurus. They lose 2 speed and a few high strength hits but for this they trade a saurus T of 4 down to 2! also ws2, slaves will kick their ass over time.

Skink skirmishers 10 70
brave 6

Special

Temple guard 16 256
Revered Guardian 14
Magic item Burning Blade of Chotec 20
musician 7
Standard bearer 14
Sun Standard of Chotec 40
Much cheaper to take the banner of eternal flame, half the price of the sword and gives the benefit to the whole unit.

Sun standard imo is not great, besides most of the skaven army fires without using their BS skill so the standard just won't work. They have that standard that weakens shooting including their own so normally they leave the BS using shooters at home.

Ancient Stegadon 275

Seems good, especially if your running the lore of life, most likely the opponent cannot take it out in 1 turn of shooting (hopefully) and you can heal it back. Though the missiles along with the WLC can certainly try.

Army points 2001

I'm only asking will it work

Comments in bold.

magicmonkey
31-10-2010, 21:45
well i would do what vsurma says except maybe keep the krox large, maybe. then use the points which you've saved by correcting adding and and losing slaan upgrades and sun standard to get some salamanders or chameleon skinks, both effective against skaven for war machine/hoard killing.