PDA

View Full Version : 4000 Point Khornate Horde, just for fun/fluff

Triple7s
31-10-2010, 21:15
Ok, so here goes.

Lords
Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Diabolic Splendor, Acid Ichor, Chaos Runesword, Dragonbane Gem, Mask of Eee! = 405 Points

Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Chaos Daemonsword, Helm of Many Eyes = 375 Points

Heroes
Exalted Hero, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Battle Standard Bearer, Banner of the Gods = 325 Points

Core
30 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Great Weapons = 570 Points
30 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Khorne, Full Command, Great Weapons = 570 Points
48 Marauders, Great Weapons = 240 Points
48 Marauders, Great Weapons = 240 Points
10 Marauder Horsemen, Full Command, Shields, Light Armour, Throwing Spears = 190 Points
10 Marauder Horsemen, Full Command, Shields, Light Armour, Throwing Spears = 190 Points

Special
8 Chaos Knights, Full Command, War Banner = 395 Points
10 Chaos Knights, Full Command = 450 Points

Right, so maybe not the most balanced army list. Its more for fun, and I love the idea of a heavy hitting horde of madmen, forgoing personal protection to an extent in the name of spilling blood. At the end of the day, Khorne doesn't care whos skull it is anyway. Any suggestions and improvements all welcome :)

Tallopolis
01-11-2010, 00:52
a few points

1 - you're 50 points short, spend them

2 - for a khorne horde, you have very little khorne, take out some stuff here and there (10 marauder horsemen?) and add in some marks of khorne, especially to those marauder blocks! the entire point of them is the frenzy when you have GW, and possibly the knights as well..... the more attacks the better.

3 - i would swap the GW on the warriors for Halberd and shield.... its a lot better as it gives you a bit more cover on the way there, and allows you to use your initiative when you get there (yes i know you cant use them together in combat)

4 - i hope you don't have too high hopes for this competitivley, as the complete reliance on combat will see you completley steamrollered by 50%+ of the armies out there (you're averaging 38pts/model on most of your army with very limited protection for 3 turns of footslogging)

5 - on a lighter note - very nice to see a proper khorne warrior army in there, please let us know how this does, as i see very few without the sneaky tzeentch sorceror or festus (however awesome he is) in there, not to mention the nurgle warriors pretending to be khorne with the banner of rage!

Triple7s
01-11-2010, 01:02
Nice points man, I admit im very uncertain about the marauder horsemen. They were kinda put in as some fast flanking support for the knights, but they seem like they'd just be left on their own or cut down pretty quick.

I don't ever enter competitions, as I play more for fun, and i'm not a huge fan of WAAC. My Skaven are pretty competative though I guess. This ones completely "frothing bezerkers with huge heavy hitting weapons salivating at the thought of carving the enemy up" based. I know what i'm facing currently, which is HE, VC and another Skaven player, so i'm not overly worried about missile fire, but I do see your point about the footslogging. Movement 4 isn't great but I guess its the price to be paid for better strength/toughness.

Tallopolis
01-11-2010, 01:45
ah, ok then, most importantly then just get those extra marks in there, and switch to halberd and shield..... against those 3 opponents you will be facing very little offensive magic, and even less shooting (with the possible exception of the HE, but they can be a mixed bag, so just hope they're not like mine :D )

after having a longer think about this i would drop all the marauder horsemen, add in the marks, and a warshrine or 2, as that will really help with the survivability/hitting power of the warriors.... possibly split the marauders into 3 squads? as i can't se all 48 being useful, as the limited shooting power will mainly be directed elsewhere, hence you have a large number of ineffectual models (unless you're using them to get rid of steadfast?)

you should completley flatten VC with this, and i can't imagine skaven being too tricky (but it really depends on the build) high elves however might be a problem....

i'd love to know how these go though, so please do let me know