PDA

View Full Version : Luna wolves - WIP

Sergeant Vipus
31-10-2010, 21:51
Hi all,
new user on warseer and was hoping to ask for some advice, tips, suggestions etc for my new project which is a useable Luna wolves army. Gonna take some time as want to paint them as well as I can ( which isnt great :cries: ) so any help is much appreciated.

Sergeant Vipus
01-11-2010, 21:41
First update:

have had my first attempt at freehand on the Luna wolves badge. What do people think?

Meticulous
03-11-2010, 03:09
I think you're selling your skills at painting short. It's striking. How much time did this model take?

Wicksy
03-11-2010, 14:19
Nice work there! Your blends would be smoother if you watered your paint down a little more but the model looks nice. I like the blue tone white, it makes the model stand out. Nice free hand too!

Sergeant Vipus
03-11-2010, 22:57
thanks for the comments, was hoping to do a little more on the model but long day at work!

Meticulous: thanks :) taken about 4 hours up to now but not complete yet...

Wicksy: will try to water down a little more. My biggest problem is i get bored with painting the same sections and end up trying to cheat...

Wicksy
05-11-2010, 14:52
thanks for the comments, was hoping to do a little more on the model but long day at work!

Meticulous: thanks :) taken about 4 hours up to now but not complete yet...

Wicksy: will try to water down a little more. My biggest problem is i get bored with painting the same sections and end up trying to cheat...

I know how you feel. I have cheated for my table top guys but the display models i paint get the full treatment. The results always make it worth it in the end though.

Sergeant Vipus
06-11-2010, 16:23
when u do take ur time, i agree, its definitely worth it (and i always have my ultra smurfs to game with!) so really tryin to fight the urge to rush them :D

heres the latest - have completed the other shoulder guard and his oath of moment

thanks for looks and comments

Wicksy
07-11-2010, 19:36
Nice work! His red gauntlet could do with a brighter highlight. Perhaps some blazing orange with a little vomit brown or dwarf flesh to make it stand out against the white. Your white looks great though, really clean and crisp. The cool blue tone really works well.

Finish the bases though! Your models look great, they just need the base doing and they'll be finished :) ( sorry, pet hate of mine seeing unbased "finished" models )

Sergeant Vipus
13-11-2010, 09:03
next update.

Have started the sergeant of the squad. No real changes other than changing him from ultramarines (what i had originally painted him) to luna wolves.

@ wicksy: i agree am going to highlight the gauntlet along with a pouch for his other leg and will definitely do the bases just not sure how yet, any suggestions?

Wicksy
14-11-2010, 02:01
Bloody hell! That face is awesome! Thats nice work there :)

As for bases.....the classic graveyard earth with bestial brown/bleached bone looks nice enough. Thats what i use. However a dark brown...say scorched brown brybrushed with vermin brown then vomit brown with a black rim would look great. While finishing the model, it wouldnt draw the attention to the base. All depends what your gaming table is like really or what type of land you imagine your marines fighting on.