PDA

View Full Version : 1500 WoC

Razorwire
31-10-2010, 21:42
I'm still new to the game and I am looking for advice on this 1500 point army list

Frozen Flame Reavers

points 1498
lords 375
heroes 200
rares 0

Sorcerer Lord
Level 4, Mark of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Blood of Tzeentch, Shrieking Blade

total points 375

Exalted Hero
Standard Bearer, Mark of Tzeentch, Rending Sword, Enchanted Shield

Total points 200

Chaos Marauders 30
Great Weapons, Mark of Khorne, Full Command

Total points 200

Chaos Warriors 18
Shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Blasted Standard
Total Points 378

Chaos Knights 5
Mark of Nurgle, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Rage

Total Points 285

Chaos Warhounds 5

Total points 30

Chaos Warhounds 5

Total points 30

Thanks!

Torpedo Vegas
01-11-2010, 01:16
I take it that the Warhounds are there to screen the Warriors and Knights? I'd rather take another unit of Warriors than marauders. What's your plan for them?

Dreadgrass
01-11-2010, 02:33
Your list is pretty good for 1500pts, you've managed to fit in a fair few troops along with a lvl.4. A few points, mainly from personal preference:

Sorcerer Lord
Level 4, Mark of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Blood of Tzeentch, Shrieking Blade

This is quite a nice build, I love Blood of Tzeentch, excellent for getting the most out of your dice and avoiding the double 6's... or, if your feeling lucky, helping to get them! I generally prefer BRB lores for the buff/ debuff aspects, but thats more a personal choice... Plus Mindrazor is all kinds of awesome on HW/S Warriors!

Exalted Hero
Standard Bearer, Mark of Tzeentch, Rending Sword, Enchanted Shield

I find this guy a little lack-luster... One thing you need to remember about the BSB is he needs to Support the line, and not die so he can keep those re-rolls going. A couple of my favourite BSB builds:
Support Caster
Standard, MoT, Book of Secrets (Shadow), Opal amulet, Shield
Uses 1 dice a turn at the Shadow signature spell for a 2/3 chance of casting it and no chance of miscasting, has a 1 use 3+ ward, a 5+ parry ward and a 6+ against everything else, and a 3+ save

Can't Kill This!
Standard, MoT, Talisman of Preservation (or Endurance if your tight on funds/ have Preservation elsewhere), Charmed Shield
This gives a 3+ ward (4+ with Fortune) and a decent save. You could also mount this one for a 1+ save and give him a lance... Just need to be careful he doesn't get drawn away from your mainlines.

Chaos Marauders 30
Great Weapons, Mark of Khorne, Full Command

With Marauders more is better, but your a bit strapped for points... otherwise this is fine, maybe drop the champ?

Chaos Warriors 18
Shields, Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Blasted Standard
Total Points 378

This is good if you face a lot of artillery/ heavy shooting, if not and if its harbouring your general, maybe try Standard of Discipline for a nice LD9 general, as your cavalry will probably be their primary target of the enemies big guns.

Chaos Knights 5
Mark of Nurgle, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Rage

Good, Im not a huge knights fan, but this unit seems pretty popular.

Hounds are handy but you could drop a unit if you needed the points elsewhere...
Hope this has helped a bit?

Razorwire
01-11-2010, 12:20
I take it that the Warhounds are there to screen the Warriors and Knights? I'd rather take another unit of Warriors than marauders. What's your plan for them?

either sucking up incoming fire or bothering artillery

Razorwire
01-11-2010, 18:11
Changed the BSB

Exalted Hero
BSB, MoT, Talisman of Endurance, Relic Sword, Charmed Shield

Changed the Warriors to Standard of Discipline.

Not sure if I should put the General and the BSB in the marauders or the warriors.