PDA

View Full Version : Snotlings

Lorex
01-11-2010, 12:58
Hey all. I was wondering do snotlings follow the rules in the brb or in the O&G army book?

T10
01-11-2010, 13:20
Yes. However, they are also classified as swarms in the rule book and as such they have a number of additional rules. Notice that swarms are Unbreakable, thus the Snotlings' Immunity to Psychology and Stubborn special rules are somewhat redundant.

-T10

Lorex
01-11-2010, 14:24
I was talking to one red shirt to day and he said, ( U shall use the rules in the army book )
Im confused now=/

Tregar
01-11-2010, 14:51
Yes. However, they are also classified as swarms in the rule book and as such they have a number of additional rules. Notice that swarms are Unbreakable, thus the Snotlings' Immunity to Psychology and Stubborn special rules are somewhat redundant.

However the rulebook does say that if the swarm has its own way of dealing with combat results then use that instead: which may mean that their stubborn rule replaces the unbreakable/unstable combo. They are basically worthless if they are merely unbreakable while taking CR wounds so I recommend playing them as stubborn, myself.

T10
01-11-2010, 16:23
Snotlings don't have "their own" way of dealing with combat results. They are Stubborn, which simply means they benefit from being steadfast. Except they are swarms, so they are also Unbreakable.

-T10

Tregar
01-11-2010, 18:11
My opinion differs, I hope that is okay with you :)

Don't put exaggerated emphasis on "quotes" that are paraphrased from the rulebook- the exact wording refers to special combat result rules- of which stubborn could well be taken to be included as such, especially when GW didn't delete or ignore it in their FAQs. It really could go either way, and in the situation where one way is clearly better than the other, I'll choose the one that makes gameplay superior and doesn't make a unit worthless.

Lorex
01-11-2010, 19:33
Hmm we should try to typ it to FAQ. This is confusing=/

Korraz
01-11-2010, 20:45
No, it couldn't. No, you're wrong. It's not really confusing. They are swarms and follow swarm-rules.
A unit can both be unbreakable and stubborn. It just doesn't an advantage from being stubborn (Steadfast, that is.)

Lorex
01-11-2010, 21:15
Well the red shirt said that you shall use the O&G army book. So cant some one here as your local GW store. I asked the one in stockholm sweden.

Korraz
01-11-2010, 21:38
Redshirts are by no means reliable rule-sources. They are just people and most of them spend less of their free-time on the hobby (that is, on warseer :D) Just players. And I'm saying this in a neutral tone.
If there is a question, you can't find it in the book and you want to keep playing, then asking a redshirt is a good idea.
Then, for clarification, raising the question on warseer and hoping for a twenty pages raging, emotinally loaded discussion is a good idea.

Tregar
01-11-2010, 23:29
People asked Redshirts and GW phonemonkeys how to play Waaagh!, whether it moved the warmachines as the rules implied, or have it ignore them, which was totally against RAW, and the GW guys told them that the spell ignores warmachines. Similarly, random movement and squig hoppers. This is another case where you're better off acknowledging that the RAW is insufficient and play by what makes sense between you and your fellow gamers. We're still in the transitition phase of the new edition, and pretending that conflicts don't exist and that the rules are "clear" is not doing anyone any favours.

NB you can of course be unbreakable and stubborn, but that doesn't mean stubborn isn't a special way of dealing with combat results.

Lorex
01-11-2010, 23:39
Well i asked my gaming group and one guy said. In the BRB its stated as swarm, Then you shall use the swarm rules for it. So i will play with the swarm rule untill they remake or faq more of the army book.

papabearshane
02-11-2010, 00:35
Wow people are harsh about there ideas.............................

We have ruled that they are a swarm thus unbreakable but there stubren test makes them not crumble if passed.....................

As a long time O&G player this makes me happy as the arent supposed to be a 5 wound swarm and are a bit for fun.....................Snots for the Win......................

Play it however you seem fit but its you and the people you play with that are the final say in all rule interpretations, not some random Name on a web site who dosnt see your opinion as anything but wrong.......................................

Have fun gaming and WAAAGH!!!!!!!!!

havoc626
02-11-2010, 01:20
I think that the red shirt might be getting a bit confused. The Army Book always over rides the BRB when there is a contradiction. If the Snotlings are swarms, they use all the rules that are in the BRB, unless the Army Book states otherwise.

The Army Book says that you get other rules, but not that they replace any of the usual rules for Snotlings, so you get all of them and making the extra rules useless.

AMWOOD co
02-11-2010, 05:03
Notice that swarms are Unbreakable, thus the Snotlings' Immunity to Psychology and Stubborn special rules are somewhat redundant.
-T10

We have ruled that they are a swarm thus unbreakable but there stubren test makes them not crumble if passed.....................

Oh boy. Where to start? Umm... Alright, they're swarms. They're stubborn. That much we know.

Q1: Does Stubborn count as "special combat result rules" and thus eliminate Unbreakable and Squish!
Q2: If not, does Stubborn thus make Squish redundant?

Something has to go. Either Stubborn will make Squish redundant or vice versa. Q1 is true, then Squish and Unbreakable are gone anyway. Oi, my head hurts.

Any answers with justification?