Right quick question as follows if i take this character for example

DE Master 80pts
Heavy armour 4pts
Shield 2 pts
Sea Dragon Cloak 4pts
BSB 25pts
Standard of Hag Graef 35pts
Manticore 200pts

if the standard grants ASF does that mean that the Manticore Thunderstomps ASL special rule gets canceled out resulting in Thunderstomp being resolved at the manticore I5.....

Thoughts????

sssk
01-11-2010, 14:50
Not getting at you specifically, but I think we need a sticky in this forum which is entitled

"Stomp/thunderstomp is unaffected by any other rules for the model".

This question seems to come up at least once a week. None of the models rules affect thunderstomp, so it is always ASL regardless of any other rules the model might have.

Tregar
01-11-2010, 14:53
You don't get the benefit of any special rules with stomp attacks.

Lord_Elric
01-11-2010, 14:55
O crap of corse sorry only noticed whilst having a random gander through the army book didnt think forgot bout that little tidbit in the stomp attack rules sorry guys

Whaagnomore
01-11-2010, 15:00
Ooops. posted in the wrong thread.

Morkash
01-11-2010, 23:33
So Daemonic gifts don't affect Thunderstomp either? No ASL Spirit Swallower healing for my precious Keeper of Secrets? :(

PeG
02-11-2010, 15:12
at this point no. The one that seems to upset daemon players the most is that the gift that gives S10 doesnt effect stomp despite actually changing the Strength of the model.

narrativium
02-11-2010, 15:38
How about Strength spells on Ogres? Does that affect Stomp?

papabearshane
02-11-2010, 15:43
Nope its always at the base str not modified in any way.

a18no
02-11-2010, 16:28
Nope its always at the base str not modified in any way.

That is not sure. Stomp don't benefit from special rule/effect. But magic effect are different. We play it with the benefit. Except if someone can add something to that.

Lord_Elric
02-11-2010, 17:08
at this point no. The one that seems to upset daemon players the most is that the gift that gives S10 doesnt effect stomp despite actually changing the Strength of the model.

However things like that are generaly stated in brackets next to the attribute in many cases so the Bthirster though its irrelevant would have to use his base stat to take Characteristic tests.

But also by RAW he cant be effected by any magic or item that specificly lowers the bloodthirsters strenth

DaemonReign
03-11-2010, 04:50

Yeah I mean what GW should have done HERE is to have a little sit down and sift through ALL the Gifts and sort of put them in two columns..

One for Gifts that obviously shouldn't work with Stomp, and one column for those that obviously should..

Like..

The "Flaming" aspect of a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch.
The "S10" aspect of a Bloodthirster with Awesome Strength.

When it comes to SoulEater - it's one that's got me divided..

On the one hand the gift clearly states "all wounds caused in close combat" - and we already know that it's not a "magic weapon" per say so one could interpret it as a soul-sucking "aura" of sorts and that would make it perfectly viable (Fluffwise) to work in unison with Stomp.

However, me thinks it's also simply way to darn Good. Just imagine fighting a Keeper with Souleater in this fashion.. The ONLY way for infantry to actually kill him would be cause all five wounds in ONE ROW in one single CC-phase ('cause he'll replenish wounds Before And After anyone gets to strike at him).

So that's why I am basically "ok" with Souleater not affecting Stomp.

The example someone mentioned about Ogres with Boosted Strength is pretty much an example of them same thing - we would Houserule that one in our group as well if anyone of us actually had an Ogre collection.