PDA

View Full Version : Dread Lord on dragon

Lord_Elric
01-11-2010, 14:51
Im thinking of adding a dreadlord on dragon for my larger games I know there usualy a very prime target so heres what i though id use

Dreadlord
Armour of living death
Pendant of Khaeleth
Ironcurse icon
Lance
Shield
Sea drsgon cloak
Black dragon
Repeater cross bow

I know im using the broken Pok but ive yet to use it yet really as i htink it only has place in large games anyway...

Feedback welcome????

EDIT forgot bout pts apologise "thanks red_lep"

Red_Lep
01-11-2010, 15:09
I believe there is a rule that you are not allowed to post specific points for items.

The Grim
02-11-2010, 04:21
This guy is going to be walking from turn 2

Lord_Elric
02-11-2010, 09:23
And why might that be????

The Grim
02-11-2010, 10:01
Canon Ball, magic or anything, but I guess that's true for anyone on a big bad looking monster.

Lord_Elric
02-11-2010, 10:14
yup but that is purely situational and reliant on me being stupid with it

considering theres also 3 hydras in the army not really a clear cut choice of target is there

Chiungalla
02-11-2010, 10:20
Sure it is. The hydra will regenerate the cannonball hit in 50% of the times, so your opponent will shoot at the target without regeneration. And the dragon is faster, therefore the first target to deal with anyway.

And its hard to hide a dragon in the new edition...

The Grim
02-11-2010, 10:35
Sure it is. The hydra will regenerate the cannonball hit in 50% of the times, so your opponent will shoot at the target without regeneration. And the dragon is faster, therefore the first target to deal with anyway.

And its hard to hide a dragon in the new edition...

Couldn't have put it better. Btw how many points are we talking here, cause 3 hydras is ******** nasty under 5k...

Lord_Elric
02-11-2010, 13:00
Couldn't have put it better. Btw how many points are we talking here, cause 3 hydras is ******** nasty under 5k...

lol if i dont take the dragon then ill be maxing my hydras instead and its 4500-5000 is my next milestone (i sculpted the hydra myself so i just cast them i get as many as i want that way lol) It is a beastmasters force so its all fluffy

meneroth
02-11-2010, 15:26
go for the dragon, screw whats smart, its more fun. plus, its fluffy like you said. I would optimize him for combat cause like they said, all that protection wont help him too much if he gets hit, it doesnt pass on to the dragon anyway.

I dont have books with me, but ill try and work off the top of my head. I would take either the +3 attack sword or the sword in the dark elf book that allows you to reroll to hit and to wound. i would also take the potion of strength. that way he can deal with the masses fairly easily with alot of s4 attacks, or he can bust out the potion of strength to take on any big guys. i would still give him a good armor save and or the pendant, but he shouldnt need magic armor to stay alive. either nothing is going to be able to touch him, or he is going to be hit with a cannonball and be smashed anyway. (at least his dragon will)

Lord_Elric
02-11-2010, 17:18
Lol like i said beastmaster force so thee dragon is being taken ive spent too long sculpting it not to take it lol its possible i might also b using 4 hydras and 2 manticores now too :) with plenty of winged coldones to use as harpys and then after that alot of corsairs havent decided what else fits tbh...

Imight give him a little more punch however i find it preferable to defend characters tbh as magic can give him a punch in combat wich i dont mind too much not having for a turn if magic doesnt go well however if i use magic to protect him and i lose it for a turn cus of a bad magic phase then the guys gonna end up dead...