PDA

View Full Version : Impact Hits against Ridden Monsters

Palatine Katinka
01-11-2010, 21:32
In the previous edition Impact Hits were distributed as shooting with the exception that they were not randomised against characters on Monstrous Mounts, instead all Impact Hits would be applied to the monster.

Does the current edition say this anywhere? I can't see it in the rules for Impact Hits or Ridden Monsters and fear that it may be one of those small changes that almost goes unnoticed until my Dragon riding Lord takes a Chariot to the face.

theunwantedbeing
01-11-2010, 21:48
I guess the only way you could say they only hit the monster (like last edition) is that impact hits are undirected close combat attacks, as such they all go on the monster.

Page 106, end of the second paragraph under Monster Mounts in Combat

There doesn't seem to be the 7th ed rule where impact hits always struck the mount.

minionboy
02-11-2010, 17:25
p.71 under "Resolving Impact Hits," third paragraph states:

"The hits are distributed exactly as if they were shooting attacks."

So with that, it would seem that they are randomized, just like shooting attacks.

Palatine Katinka
02-11-2010, 18:32
Yeah. That paragraph pretty much says what the previous edition said except that it isn't followed by an exception for monster/chariot mounts. I was fearing that the exception had been been completely removed and hoping that someone could point me in the direction of it if it has just been put somewhere illogical.

Sigh... That was a sensible rule, why did they have to take it away? :cries:

Wargamejunkie
03-11-2010, 21:30
I am at work so unable to look up the rule.

For instance if you have a Warlord on a Bonebreaker in a unit of clanrats. Would you be able to target the Warlord & Bonebreaker with impact hits since they can be singled out by shooting attacks?

Chris_
03-11-2010, 22:06

For instance if you have a Warlord on a Bonebreaker in a unit of clanrats. Would you be able to target the Warlord & Bonebreaker with impact hits since they can be singled out by shooting attacks?You allocate hits with shooting attacks, so this would work with Impact Hits too. Pg. 99 BRB "Shooting".

Kevlar
04-11-2010, 01:09

For instance if you have a Warlord on a Bonebreaker in a unit of clanrats. Would you be able to target the Warlord & Bonebreaker with impact hits since they can be singled out by shooting attacks?

You can not target a warlord on bonebreaker inside a unit with shooting attacks. He just doesn't get a look out sir from templates.