PDA

View Full Version : DE pre-orders?

Gonders
01-11-2010, 23:58
Hey,

Firstly, sorry if this is already covered somewhere else, I've done a search but couldn't find it.

Has anyone from the UK received their dark eldar pre-orders yet? If so when did they arrive?

I'm waiting on a codex, and quite a few people on here seem to have them by now.

Thanks

Gonders

Raibaru
02-11-2010, 00:10
Nothing in the US as of yet. If it's not here by Wednesday I'm going to cancel mine and just pick up the stuff in the store.

No sense in pre-order miniatures I won't be able to do anything with till Saturday anyway. And I'm not worried about stores somehow being sold out. It's not like they're space marines or anything.

megatrons2nd
02-11-2010, 04:02
My pre-order says "dispatched" on it now. It says it takes 1-9 days to get it for the free shipping and 1-2 for express. I'm guessing that the longest shipping was used.

slayerofmen
02-11-2010, 04:27
I'm in AUS and its telling me that my order is still be processed, luckily the turn around time on orders here isn't that long and as the 6th is a Saturday they will normally get it too me by Thursday/Friday

Kiras of the flame
02-11-2010, 05:28
I just have it on wish-list...

hopefully around winter I'll have a nice tau-skin coat for my archon.... the blue hue is what brings me in

TimLeeson
02-11-2010, 06:49
I'm curious if ill get mine before the 20th, since I ordered Urien Rakarth along with the codex itself. Cant blame me for hoping :P

Born Again
02-11-2010, 07:07
says "order being processed" on mine, all they say is that they'll have it to you on or before the day of release. Given that's a saturday, it should be there be Friday, and you can't really ask for anything more. How long do you normally have to wait for it to come through the post? Once my orders have been dispatched they're normally here the next day.

Vexbane
02-11-2010, 08:10
Mine says dispatched as well in the U.S. So hopefully I will get it before the 6th:)

Tethylis
02-11-2010, 08:22
Mine says the order is being processed. But it still says that about my last order that I recieved back in May. :confused:

marv335
02-11-2010, 08:46
I'll get my stuff when I get it.
I've no chance of getting any of it before release, in fact I'll be amazed if it turns up before the end of the month.
I ordered some stuff that is released on the 20th, and I opted for the order not to be split.
with the postage time to Saudi, it'll take a while.

Ba'al Starslayer
02-11-2010, 08:50
Mine still says being Processed.... :(
However my friend received his Blood Angel codex a good 4 or 5 days in advance of the main release...

Orcboy_Phil
02-11-2010, 09:02
I know a friend had his stuff turn up yesterday or before. He came to games night anyway with the codex and a box each of warriors, wychs and reavers.

Promethius
02-11-2010, 09:58
Mines not here, but it says processing on the main menu, and then when you click into the order it says posted. I'll be miffed if it turns up after release date, very little point advance ordering something if you get it later than you would have from the store.

eldargal
02-11-2010, 10:19
Mine just flipped from Processing to Dispatched. Not bad for 9:20 in the morning.

dragonet111
02-11-2010, 11:39
I always have my pre-order stuff 3 or 4 days before official release (I even get my IG codex one week before). I hope it will be the same for the DE codex

dreamwarder
02-11-2010, 12:46
I always have my pre-order stuff 3 or 4 days before official release (I even get my IG codex one week before). I hope it will be the same for the DE codex

I had my codex at the beginning of last week. Could have got the models then as well, but needed more time to plan. I know a place where it's all already available... ;)

Chris_
02-11-2010, 13:47
I had my codex at the beginning of last week. Could have got the models then as well, but needed more time to plan. I know a place where it's all already available... ;)Me 2 :) Have already assembled a bunch of models. Painting starts soon :D

LonelyPath
02-11-2010, 14:57
Mine is still being processed... will check again later.

Leggo1927
02-11-2010, 16:08
I am still being processed. But then again I was being processed for the first 24 hours that I had 8th ed. Warhammer in my possession. Either way I'm not stressing, but expect it to arrive tomorrow or Thursday.

Ba'al Starslayer
02-11-2010, 17:25
Plastic Glue is "Not Available". I have a pot with my DE order, so will this delay the whole order?? :(

Gonders
02-11-2010, 19:19
Ah, I'm not behind the times then. still saying being processed on mine...

Scelerat
02-11-2010, 19:30
Just out of curiosity, how much time passes between your order being dispatched and it arriving at your door?

Gonders
02-11-2010, 19:46
I don't know yet... I'll let you know when it arrives :)

LonelyPath
02-11-2010, 19:46
For me it's about 2 working days even with the free shipping option.

zis
02-11-2010, 19:54
Well i am hoping for my stuff to arrive before the 6 but not sure they will as i am in sweden and ordered from the UK.

DarkMark
02-11-2010, 21:20
@zis Regular post to Finland from the UK takes 3-4 working days. Meaning if it were posted today it might arrive by Friday, otherwise you'll looking at Monday the earliest.

Those in the UK will probably start getting theirs tommorrow, or Thursday.

Until advance orders really delivers early, by say a couple of weeks, I don't see the point in paying up front for getting stuff only a day or two early. After all you can eye ball the codex and models at your local for weeks so its hardly top secret.

Take note GW: make advance orders actually worth while!

marv335
02-11-2010, 21:39
It usually takes a week to Saudi Arabia.

Promethius
02-11-2010, 22:50
@zis Regular post to Finland from the UK takes 3-4 working days. Meaning if it were posted today it might arrive by Friday, otherwise you'll looking at Monday the earliest.

Those in the UK will probably start getting theirs tommorrow, or Thursday.

Until advance orders really delivers early, by say a couple of weeks, I don't see the point in paying up front for getting stuff only a day or two early. After all you can eye ball the codex and models at your local for weeks so its hardly top secret.

Take note GW: make advance orders actually worth while!

Used to be (and I'm talking years ago) that pre-orders arrived a week or two early. I pre-ordered mine with that fond memory in mind. Nowadays, turns out it isn't worth it. If I'd ordered from maelstrom, I'd have saved £5 and got my order a few days later, which considering mine hasn't turned up yet, would have been fine. Won't be pre-ordering again, that's for sure.

LonelyPath
03-11-2010, 01:00
I only pre-ordered this time because my last few arrived a few days before release date, normally I get my pre-orders the following week, say the tuesday or wednesday after release date :(

Culgore
03-11-2010, 01:37
I ordered through an LGS in the US. For 20% off it can come any time in the next two weeks lol!!!

EDIT: Post #200!!! quite lame I suppose.

eldargal
03-11-2010, 06:58
Why do people associate 'pre/advance-order' with 'getting it really early'? I always thought of pre-ordering a way to get what you want on release day or a couple of days before without having to go to a store, worry about them selling out of things and having to cart it home.

Advance Orders ensure that you receive a new product before it sells out. If you place an Advance Order we will endeavor to get it to you for the day of release, but we cannot guarantee this as postal services around the world vary and are outside of our control. The best way of ensuring that your advance order arrives on the day of release is to place the order at least a week in advance.

Born Again
03-11-2010, 08:27
Yay! My order is now "dispatched"! Should be getting it tomorrow or Friday. :)

Why do people associate 'pre/advance-order' with 'getting it really early'? I always thought of pre-ordering a way to get what you want on release day or a couple of days before without having to go to a store, worry about them selling out of things and having to cart it home.

Through experience. Yes, the limit of their guarantee is they will get it to you for release day (postal service allowing), but experience has shown that they usually turn up a few days before. I would never expect them more than a week in advance though.

dragonet111
03-11-2010, 09:22
My order sift to dispatched during the night :D maybe today but more probably tomorrow I will be reading my codex.

Promethius
03-11-2010, 10:27

Born Again has it. Experience has been that pre-orders turn up early (sometimes ridiculously early) so expectations are higher than 'by release date'.

eldargal
03-11-2010, 10:52
So the happy bonus of sometimes getting things early, when that is not part of the offered service, means when something isn't early, thst warrants complaint?:eyebrows:

Hendarion
03-11-2010, 10:58
So the happy bonus of sometimes getting things early, when that is not part of the offered service, means when something isn't early, thst warrants complaint?:eyebrows:
That isn't a really new concept, is it?

nazrag
03-11-2010, 11:03
Mine still says "Order being processed", guessing I won't get it until some time next week :cries:

dragonet111
03-11-2010, 11:35
Just get my codex I know what I'm going to do this afternoon:D

PyroSikTh
03-11-2010, 11:48
I ordered my book literally as soon as it became available to pre-order (literally, it was 4 minutes past upload time by the time my order was complete). I was half-expecting it last week as every single thing I've pre-ordered from them (bar Tyranid codex because of a printing issue) I've recieved a good week to week-and-a-half in advance.

I've been checking the order every day since last Wednesday, and finally it's been dispatched! Here's hoping they ninja'd it overnight and it'll arrive with the post today...or at least tomorrow delivery.

eldargal
03-11-2010, 11:51
No, but I must admit the sense of entitlement some people display takes my breath away sometimes.:shifty: It isn't like I'm not impatient, I am, I want my codex and kits, but its not even release day yet.

That isn't a really new concept, is it?

Born Again
03-11-2010, 11:57
Agreed. I was hopeful for it in the first half of the week, but knew it wasn't likely. I would expect it on Thursday or Friday. But you don't really have a cause to be annoyed unless it's release day and you're still not holding it.

PyroSikTh
03-11-2010, 16:01
Post literally just arrived (about 6 hrs late). No codex. Looks like I'm looking at getting it tomorrow then...

silverstu
03-11-2010, 18:26
Just got mine! Arrived this afternoon.

philbrad2
03-11-2010, 18:48
Even if a couple of days late I don't mind, I'm not paying GW's retail prices for it :)

PhilB
:chrome:

zis
03-11-2010, 20:14
Same with me i payed 20% of the normal price ::p
And not going to pay GW normal price ever even whit a fulltime job :evilgrin:

airmang
03-11-2010, 20:56
I just got my pre-order from the mail. FYI I'm in Franklin, TN.

silverstu
04-11-2010, 00:13
Even if a couple of days late I don't mind, I'm not paying GW's retail prices for it :)

PhilB
:chrome:

Yeah- I did that for the nid release- it arrived 3-4 days after release. This time I just ordered the dex and a single box from GW to get it early, my bigger order went to Hasting's online store for savings..;)

Born Again
04-11-2010, 00:22
Codex just arrived this morning, I am a happy chappy. :) I know what I'll be up to today!

Vexbane
04-11-2010, 06:45
Woot got my codex tonight. I am on the east coast FYI.

Dio´Ra
04-11-2010, 08:03
I hope mine gets at the right adress, I did phone GW like 3 weeks before now to change the shipping adress, but the website still shows the old adress.

Does anyone have experience with changing shipping adress over the phone with GW? Should I be worried with seeing that people are getting their advance orders and I still haven't got mine? I'm getting worried that my dark eldar ended up at the old adress :( Or should I put my faith in that the GW phone troll did his work properly and changed the shipping adress properly?

AdamR
04-11-2010, 12:37
Mines just arrived!
Still says order being processed on the GW site though...

PyroSikTh
04-11-2010, 13:06
Post come. Still no codex. I am pissed off. I must be the last pre-orderer not to get the book. What's up with that?! My LGS gets them in today. If I hadn't pre-ordered, I'd be going in to get it, and evidently got it earlier.

Tell me, what was the point?!

sim
04-11-2010, 13:29
Just had a mail from GW saying that "All advance orders for Dark eldar have been shipped"
It also went on to mention that they should reach us by either today or Friday and the orders page may take a few days to update.

eldargal
04-11-2010, 14:13
Mine arrived this morning. Completely, utterly and absolutely worth the wait.

jmefr8
04-11-2010, 14:28
I ordered my codex and web way portal at the same time does GW split the packages in this case? Didn't think about it until after I ordered otherwise I would have ordered them separately hope I don't have to wait until the 20th

RTB01
04-11-2010, 14:46
still no joy - makes me a sad panda. Considering space hulk turned up on tuesday of the release week this is sadly rubbish...

tokdum
04-11-2010, 14:50
I got my preorder this monday, live in sweden. got to say i love the plastic kits so far.

LonelyPath
04-11-2010, 15:10
Mine arrived literally 5 minutes ago. I'm happy to see I can have my Goblin Glider army :D

I'm in Powys in case anyone's interested.

Leggo1927
04-11-2010, 15:25
Same here. Just popped onto GW UK to see how my status was, and was literally on this thrad when the door knocked. Delivered by Home Delivery Network to my address in Redditch. And to think I had been going into work early to have a look for an arrival past two days (postman.)

PyroSikTh
04-11-2010, 15:40
still no joy - makes me a sad panda. Considering space hulk turned up on tuesday of the release week this is sadly rubbish...

This sounds harsh, but I am so happy you haven't got yours yet. Seriously, I feel like the only person who pre-ordered it from GW who hasn't received it yet. My mate who lives nearby got it 2 hours ago, and I pre-ordered it before him!

Promethius
04-11-2010, 16:17
Mine's not here yet either, and I ordered it an hour after the pre-orders went up! Just the way it goes, I guess.

PyroSikTh
04-11-2010, 16:33
Okay, it just came in...I hope...I haven't actually opened the package yet, but it should be it. :P

Cry of the Wind
04-11-2010, 16:42
Got my Codex in the mail yesterday. I'm in Toronto if anyone from the GTA is wondering if they should have gotten theirs by now.

Astraeos
04-11-2010, 17:49
Got my box of Dark Eldar Wyches an hour ago! I ordered them on either Sunday or Monday.
I'm regretting my earlier advance order of the codex where I thought "While I'm at it, I'll throw in that webway portal before they're all gone!"
Now It'll probably arrive a few days before the 20th.... damnit.

dax
04-11-2010, 19:00
Got my Codex and Warriors yesterday from GW and got an email from Maelstrom today to let me know the rest of my minis have been dispatched.

zis
04-11-2010, 19:53
Well mine have been sent to me now, so i guess i shall have my figures somethime next week and i guess the 20% off the normal price is worth the wait :shifty:

Blaqkheart
04-11-2010, 20:56
Got mine yesterday. Am Happy.

Spyral
04-11-2010, 22:18
I got my codex today.

dante76
04-11-2010, 22:23
I got my shop stock on Wednesday but had a great picking error. Lost a box of Incubi, gained a box of Mandrakes. Shhhh...

Fallencarcass
05-11-2010, 00:03
According to the tracking my order will get here on the 9th. =/
WTF? Really, GW?

Dio´Ra
05-11-2010, 01:03
Still not here....it's just the codex...why its taking so long! :cries:

LonelyPath
05-11-2010, 01:11
According to the tracking my order will get here on the 9th. =/
WTF? Really, GW?

That sounds like what usually happens to me when I advance order from GW.

Scelerat
05-11-2010, 01:16
I still haven't got it, although it was apparently sent today and here in Spain GW uses UPS to deliver things. Should be here tomorrow. Crappity crap, I want it NOW!
Oh well. I guess if I waited 12 years I can wait for 12 more hours. Still feels like I'm missing on the fun.

Krayd
05-11-2010, 01:33
Got my codex today.

Promethius
05-11-2010, 03:11
A courier turned up at 19:00 with my order - a very nice surprise. I started night shift an hour later so didn't get much of a read, but it is a gorgeous book on first impressions.

fall3nang3l
05-11-2010, 08:06
I'm in Indiana in the U.S. and I got mine today. But sadly I have an exam tomorrow so I'm forcing myself not to look at it until after. I had my roommate hide the package from me.

SamaNagol
05-11-2010, 09:05
Pays to have a good relationship with your local GW store staff or your FLGS. There are numerous ways and means to walk into a store and get a copy the week before release.

EffCee
05-11-2010, 09:37
Oh well. I guess if I waited 12 years I can wait for 12 more hours. Still feels like I'm missing on the fun.

This is the attitude i'm taking. I ordered mine from Wayland, so I've no idea when that will arrive. Luckily I've immersed myself in Fallout: New Vegas.

comradeda
05-11-2010, 12:08
I got my deldar codex a few days ago. GW won't give me my minis though. :(

Commissar Goddard
05-11-2010, 12:24
Got mine yesterday, time to stick them together woo

Scelerat
05-11-2010, 12:26
This is the attitude i'm taking. I ordered mine from Wayland, so I've no idea when that will arrive. Luckily I've immersed myself in Fallout: New Vegas.

Yeah, I use Red Dead Redemption and my Behavioural Analysis asignments to be busy until the glorious moment.

Hokiecow
05-11-2010, 14:50
Has anyone received their orders from 3rd party stores yet or just from GW.

Mojaco
05-11-2010, 14:54
Got mine wednesday, whoohoo. Lovely minis, just lovely. The idea was to go thinking first, glueing together second. Sadly, I just went for the cool looking options. My sergeant warrior now has an awesome whip which turns out to 20 pts and a gun which is 15. Kinda expensive. Lucky I didn't glue on the tube-backpack, which I was considering. That would've added another 20 pts.

idespair
05-11-2010, 15:43
I just received my order from Dark Sphere, so I'm guessing the independents must all have had their stock in plenty of time. Quite surprised, to be honest, as when I've pre-ordered from Wayland or Maelstrom I've never had stuff for release day.

DarkMark
05-11-2010, 17:24
The shops are closed tomorrow here in Finland, so I chanced my luck at my LGS and I'm now the owner of a shiney new codex. Who needs pre-orders anyways?!

Hrw-Amen
05-11-2010, 18:17
Mine arrived yesterday (04/11/2010) in the UK from preorder, but I could have picked it up last week when I got some figures as I noticed they were already on display in a toy shop not too far from my home town. Didn;t buy the codex though as it was on preorder. I know that the release date was not until Saturday, but they did leave it a little late this time as in the past I've had stuff about a week before the official release date. I almost began to panic!!

Zothos
05-11-2010, 22:32
Find myself wondering why i bothered to preorder the damn thing when i ordered on October 18th and it apparently is not due to arrive here until Monday.....real nice....

Can buy the damn book at the LGS tomorrow....

retarded

Scarecr0w14
05-11-2010, 22:48
ine is still order in process from games worksop. Not very happy, not at all.

EffCee
06-11-2010, 00:03
ine is still order in process from games worksop. Not very happy, not at all.

I've had my order arrive whilst it is still being processed so I wouldn't panic just yet. :)

Scelerat
06-11-2010, 03:19
Find myself wondering why i bothered to preorder the damn thing when i ordered on October 18th and it apparently is not due to arrive here until Monday.....real nice....

Can buy the damn book at the LGS tomorrow....

retarded

Same here. Last time I pre-order, that's for sure.

Fallencarcass
06-11-2010, 05:57
Same here. Last time I pre-order, that's for sure.

Motto 67890

Vanus
06-11-2010, 07:16
Has anyone received their orders from 3rd party stores yet or just from GW.

I ordered from The Warstore, and its set to be delivered on Monday. I imagine if I were not on the other side of the US from them, it would have arrived by now.

Gonders
06-11-2010, 10:15
I got mine from age of strife. Arrived yesterday. Top notch. :)

Gonders

RTB01
06-11-2010, 10:31
This sounds harsh, but I am so happy you haven't got yours yet. Seriously, I feel like the only person who pre-ordered it from GW who hasn't received it yet. My mate who lives nearby got it 2 hours ago, and I pre-ordered it before him!

sorry... my book turned up about 1.5 hours after posting this - just the book, but worth the wait. Pirates in space here we come!

The Strange Dude
06-11-2010, 15:21
Still waiting... wouldn't mind but I was in a GW store earlier and could have bought it off the shelf, but no thanks to the joy of pre-ordering and the great service of Royal Mail I'm left hanging waiting to plan out my army.

Hokiecow
06-11-2010, 15:56
Did anyone get their order from CCG yet?

Mandor
06-11-2010, 18:59
Just went to pick up my preorder at my local GW store... except that it wasn't there. Apparently, when I ordered both wave 1.0 and 1.5 models at the same time, it only gets delivered when wave 1.5 arrives (which would be the 20th). Fortunately, the store manager was kind enough to let me pick my Codex and boxes of Warriors and Wyches from stock and take them off my preorder.

Zothos
06-11-2010, 23:20
Still nothing here.

NEVER again will i pre order a damn thing from GW....ever.

Dio´Ra
08-11-2010, 11:37
Got it today, and I was out of the house, so now I have to pick it up from the post office later today...so not only it's late but I also have to get out of the house to fetch it...might as well walked to the store on saturday and got it from there :mad:

The Laughing God
08-11-2010, 11:52
I ordered my stuff from the warstore and got it on the day of the release. :D

Shamutanti
08-11-2010, 11:57
If you pre ordered your stuff in my local GW to the store they gave you the items you ordered there and then.

Seems a win/win to me. I get shinys really early and also am able to support the local.