PDA

View Full Version : First 8th ed. 2500pt Empire army

Luke_Z
02-11-2010, 00:38
Hey guys, please help me out with this list. It's not meant to be super-competitive but I'd like to be a good army for every enemy. Let's say a good general purpose list.

Heroes don't have any equipment because I don't know how to equip them. Please help me with it :)

Here it is:

Archmage 4th level, 100 p.ts of magic items
General + 100 p.ts of magic items

Master engineer (naked)
Mage, 2nd level, 50 p.ts of magic items
Battle Standard Bearer with the talisman of 5+ ward save (2+ against flaming attacks), great armor and +1S magic sword

10 handgunners + musician
10 handgunners + musician
26 swordsmen + full command
26 halberdiers + full command
10 knights + full command + steel banner

2 cannons
2 mortars
5 pistoliers + musician

steam tank
1 rocket launcher

Total cost: 2498

I want a lot of feedback :)

Thanks!!!

Torpedo Vegas
02-11-2010, 17:25
First thing. What magic items are you using on your Lords? Its a big deal.

Luke_Z
02-11-2010, 19:40
As I said above, I don't have a clue on which magic items to use :D

I was thinking about a dispell scroll for the mage, +1 dispel item on the archmage, bsb with Meteoric Armor + dawnstone, and the general with a 4+ ws and something else.

I need your help in finding new and (possibly) fluffy combos for my heroes :)

Thanks a lot, I'm a noob in this new edition :p

Fox Of 9
02-11-2010, 19:50
Drop the stank its almost worthless. . . . you need warrior priest's even if naked. . . . also your core units ( apart from your knights ) look kinder small. character wise huum. . . . give the wizard lord rod of power & armour of tarnus ( 5+ & 5++ and you can still cast spells sweat ) for 275pts. General wise thats tricky but this is a new one i just thought of dawn armour sword of power & crimson amulate also shield. ( +2 strength, 2+ re-rollable save, 6++ & passes all characteristic tests for 178pts not to bad. now onto lvl2 so im thinking for this one seal of destruction for 145pts. so now you've got 345pts to spend on 2 naked warrior priest's and possibly one slightly kitted out one on horse along with larger core blocks. anyway thats it for now. David

Fox Of 9
02-11-2010, 19:51
if you want fluffy look for my lists page some pretty fluffy combinations here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279538

Ramius4
02-11-2010, 19:54
Not sure what you've got available for miniatures, but having played a good number of games with Empire, I never bring units of Halberdiers less than 40 models. It's not uncommon for the more elite troop types to kill 10+ of yours in a single round of combat. You need more ranks for Steadfast.

I'm not claiming that's the situation you'll always find yourself in, but if you face a lot of Chaos, Lizardmen, Ogre Kingdoms or certain Dark Elf/High Elf troops you'll want to think about it.

Torpedo Vegas
02-11-2010, 22:23
Drop the Stank for now, make the Knights inner circle, add a BIG unit of Halberdiers in the Stanks place, drop the General, get a mounted Warrior Priest for the Knights.

Fox Of 9
02-11-2010, 23:41
@Torpedo Vegas I Guess The General Thing Depends If He Want A Proper Empire Army Or One Led By A Pope.:D. Which I Can See The Problems With. Someone should have this disscussion and if we cant come to a conclusion we will ork joust to see who is right. First to fall off loses.

Luke_Z
03-11-2010, 00:43
Actually I'd like to have a General in my army, because of the fluff. I'm more about themed armies and if I have to take a pope, I'll build a no mage, lots of fanatics and free companies army list.

Sorry but I just love the Empire background... For example in the 7th edition I refused (and I still refuse) to deploy 2 steam tanks, because of the fluff (well the old one).

But this just gives me an idea of a good themed army based on a general, some priests and 3x30 infantry with at least 3-4 detachments and the griffin standard (countercharge and support charge disrupt infantries and gives me the advantage of the banner over the steadfast).

Torpedo Vegas
03-11-2010, 00:57
I actually ran a Sigmarite army for a while. Lots of Free Company, Flaggalents, and Warrior Priests, plus I modeled some Knights of the Hammer of Sigmar. I might actually bring it out now.