PDA

View Full Version : $50 for the thunderfire???

farfromsam
02-11-2010, 07:34
Anyone else think that's a bit much for a model that nearly never fits together and is generally a bad fit and frustrating to put together?

The techmarine on the other hand is gorgeous, but not $25 gorgeous

New Cult King
02-11-2010, 07:38
Cry me a river! In Australia it's $85 and our dollar is almost equal to yours right now :D

This will get locked or moved though - there's a thread in GW General Discussion for this sorta thing.

farfromsam
02-11-2010, 07:42
ohhhhhh, oops! ... 85?! though? lol woof, nm you repost "$85 for..." lol you have more claim than me :p

slingersam
02-11-2010, 07:53
Cry me a river! In Australia it's $85 and our dollar is almost equal to yours right now :D

This will get locked or moved though - there's a thread in GW General Discussion for this sorta thing.

Start buying from the states then. Hell buy from the UK and you would be saving quite a bit even if shipping would be expensive.

Vaktathi
02-11-2010, 07:57
Yeah, it's not the best designed model. Looks cool, but took more effort than almost any other model I own to fit somewhat appropriately (and nowhere near perfectly) and lots of frustration. As for the price, eh not too upset about it given how much every other unit in that FoC slot costs, even for similar points.

eyescrossed
02-11-2010, 13:48
Buy from Wayland Games or Maelstrom... You save a crapload.

I do, however, find it funny that it's cheaper buying it from the UK/USA including postage.

ColShaw
02-11-2010, 14:07
I built my own Thunderfire out of an ancient Thudd gun, spare IG tank treads, mortar barrels, and random other crap. It was effectively free!

It actually looks okay, too...

LonelyPath
02-11-2010, 14:36
Buy from Darksphere, great saving, but I'm not sure what they're like for international shipping since I like in the UK. If you want a metal kit that's horrible to fit together, try the Hellcannon or whatever it is from the fantasy Chaos range... on some of them the cannon barrel is so badly warped I've seen a few end up with gaps nearly 1cm between the halves...

Mannimarco
02-11-2010, 15:01
Buy it from Maelstrom: cheaper than GW and free postage (I think).

eyescrossed
02-11-2010, 15:34
I dunno, Mannimarco. I've found that it's cheaper to buy from Wayland, even having to pay postage.

May be different for Americans, though.

Jackmojo
02-11-2010, 19:13
It really is a shame about the quality control on the Thunderfire, I love the sculpt enough, I'd buy two more if assembling it hadn't cheesed me off so much.

Jack

Nubl0
03-11-2010, 00:46
Well hey, atleast it's not as bad as the ogre kingdoms scrap launcher... try putting one of those together and keeping your sanity.

eyescrossed
03-11-2010, 02:26
You ask too much of us, Nubl0.

Promethius
03-11-2010, 10:30
I built my own Thunderfire out of an ancient Thudd gun, spare IG tank treads, mortar barrels, and random other crap. It was effectively free!

It actually looks okay, too...

The old thudd gun makes a great thunderfire. Me, I made mine using one of he valkyrie multiple rocket pods. Love the idea of different missiles being designed for different roles, plus it looks awesome. Another thing you could use I guess would be an airfix static gun emplacement.