PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Highelves

trotsky
02-11-2010, 12:07
Hey this army is designed for casual but competative play. No tournaments but still playing to win.

Lords/heroes:
Level 4 archmage with book of hoth, prob either life or shadow - 360
BsB on foot, armour of caledor, greatweapon - 143

total: 503

Core:
25 LSG, shields, flaming banner, full command - 375
12 archers - 132

total: 507

Special:
20 PG, full command - 330
5 DP - 150
14 Swordmasters - 210

total: 690

Rare:
2xRBT - 200
2Xeagle - 100

total: 300

complete total: 2000

Possable getting rid of an eagle and swapping it with the banner of sourcery for the PG. Bsb with LSG but not sure where to put the archmage.
What do you guys thing? :)

2ndCompanyVeterans
02-11-2010, 12:44
Not bad I would drop the Dragon princes as they will do very little without back up (at least a lion chariot) Up the size of the archers and sword masters with the points saved.

Get the Mage in with the Pheonix guard as they are tough as a tesco frying steak. The eagles are nice but I actually run an army without them. With the changes to artillery the boltrowers can effectively deal with them if they dont die first.

Life magic is the way forward for high elves, its the new high magic. We have some of the most expensive units in the games so rebuilding them is amazing. Just few ideas. will post more if I think of it.

trotsky
02-11-2010, 13:13
Thanks very much for the reply. very helpful.- i do however like dragon princes. how about drop the eagles and 4 or5 LSG and get a lion chariot?

Pulstar
02-11-2010, 13:32
I like the list.

I would put the Mage with the PG and run him with Shadow magic. (Withering is needed to support your str 3 bow shots.)

I small change would be to drop one of the Bolt Throwers for the banner of Sorcery, the Guardian Phoenix for the BSB and the Silverskin (+1 to go first) for the PG champ.

An extra round of shooting/magic is important as well as only one round of return fire from enemy war machines before your eagles can get there.
Support the DP's with the Eagles and use the Archers to baby sit the Bolt Thrower.

trotsky
02-11-2010, 13:55
Someone who doesn't want to get rid of my nice dragon princes :D

Hmm i like the sound of that to be honest. Is it best to charge a warmachine with both eagles or spli them up do you think?

Also still not sure about shadow or life- both of you make good points.

2ndCompanyVeterans
02-11-2010, 18:12
Someone who doesn't want to get rid of my nice dragon princes :D

Hmm i like the sound of that to be honest. Is it best to charge a warmachine with both eagles or spli them up do you think?

Also still not sure about shadow or life- both of you make good points.

Dragon Princes are nice and in bigger games I field a unit of 10 backed up with a lion chariot. Though the rank is expensive fore cool value they are fidos nads. Unfortunately Silver Helm look dated and arnt very good at all now yes the rerolls are nice but all in all there are better investments for the points. Magic just play more games with it for a tournament I prefer the resiliance that elves gain from it. Some argue that hexing the enemy and striking first is better (killing more before they strike) keeping my characters going and rebuilding units makes me feel like undead :)