PDA

View Full Version : Large bases and supporting attacks

surprize
02-11-2010, 12:38
I can't seem to find in the rulebook a section dealing with larger than "normal" bases and how this works with ranks for non "monstrous" units.

I'm thinking specifically of VC fellbats, which are warbeasts, but come on a 40x40 base. Monstrous cav & monstrous beasts have the rule that 3 models makes a rank (and thus that a standard 100mm frontage matches up to their 120mm frontage). However I can't see anything which would allow warbeasts on large bases to do the same. This means if you went larger than 3 models they would have a 5 wide rank (200mm) and the two "outside" models would not be able to fight in a normal engagement as they don't contact the enemy?

I'm also thinking in terms of supporting attacks from the 2nd rank, as well as rank bonus for CR.

theunwantedbeing
02-11-2010, 12:57
Unit type is what matters.
Warbeasts don't get ranks of 3 or monstrous support, so need to be 5 wide and can only make a single supporting attack.

The wide base is just an unfortunate side effect when fighting smaller frontage enemy units.

Lord_Elric
02-11-2010, 13:00
Tho im sure noone would object to putting the models on cavalry bases as with anyother Warbeast just alternate the hight of the bats and stagger them (one model high and on front half of cavalry base the second one low and further back on the cavalry base)

they should still rank up nicly

Palatine Katinka
02-11-2010, 18:12
Hang on, Fell Bats aren't Monstrous Beasts? Seems like every few days I find more reasons why Terradon Riders being Monstrous Cavalry is rediculous...

Lord_Elric
02-11-2010, 19:51
Hang on, Fell Bats aren't Monstrous Beasts? Seems like every few days I find more reasons why Terradon Riders being Monstrous Cavalry is rediculous...

Lol i just looked in brb yeh there just WB but with 2 wounds lol Terrordons arnt even flying cavalry are they lol

stripsteak
03-11-2010, 02:15
Lol i just looked in brb yeh there just WB but with 2 wounds lol Terrordons arnt even flying cavalry are they lol

no but they are flying fast cavalry...why they erratad that i'm not quite sure

Atrahasis
04-11-2010, 04:31

"Lol" is not punctuation.

T10
04-11-2010, 19:50

It appears that the line between warbeasts and monstrous beasts isn't nearly as blurred as people might think: GW draws it firmly between Fell Bats and Terradons.

-T10

jthdotcom
05-11-2010, 09:56

Why do people bother with posts like this?

T10
05-11-2010, 09:58

I find all these posts annoying.

-T10

jthdotcom
05-11-2010, 23:10

-T10

Its a bit petty actually writing that though. If I comment on everything I find annoying on here I'd wear my keyboard out. Maybe you need to get out more. I don't think anyone cares if you're annoyed by something, you matter as much as the fly I just swatted onto my desk

Palatine Katinka
07-11-2010, 01:58
Its a bit petty actually writing that though. If I comment on everything I find annoying on here I'd wear my keyboard out. Maybe you need to get out more. I don't think anyone cares if you're annoyed by something, you matter as much as the fly I just swatted onto my desk

papabearshane
07-11-2010, 01:26
To all the anoyed posters you have just wasted 1.027 minutes of my day thank you and have a good night :-)