PDA

View Full Version : He 2500

Lex
03-11-2010, 00:35
Just wanted to see what everyone thought of this list for tournament purposes. I've got to get started painting it if I want to have it ready for upcoming tourneys.:)

Archmage (Shadow)- Lvl 4, Folariath's Robe, Talisman of Saphery, Silver Wand
Mage (Fire) - Seer Staff
Noble - BSB, Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, Great Weapon

688 pts

25 Spearmen - FC, Banner of Discipline
19 Lothern Seaguard - FC
10 Archers

637 pts

18 White Lions - FC, BoSorcery
18 Sword Masters - FC, Ironcurse Icon, BaEternal Flame
19 Phoenix Guard - FC, Razor Standard

3 Great Eagles

2500 pts

bluemage
03-11-2010, 01:31
What spells in the fire lore do you plan on picking? I'm wondering as I don't feel lore of fire is really worth taking and I feel you would be better off going with any other lore.

Not a fan of seaguard. The models are ace, but they're just over priced for what they do. The flexibility of having a bow just doesn't seem worth 4 more points a model. Your army is offensive and will be marching towards the enemy and if you're marching you won't be shooting your bow.

Not sure the banner of discipline is worth taking.

Anyways your list looks fine, its really more of a play style difference between your list and what I prefer.

Lex
03-11-2010, 02:31
I will take flaming sword and flame cage on the fire mage.

Edit: My spears and LSG are more for mage bunkers than for an attacking force. The PG, WL and SM will be the attackers.

Torpedo Vegas
03-11-2010, 02:36
I guess Fire may be viable, as it is basically magic artillery. I still figure that the Lore of the Heaven or whatever can do that better.

03-11-2010, 06:35
I would suggest drop an eagle and a few points of core to pump up those elite units. Every little bit counts and they're your workhorses.

Top tourney players in my group (and they're good) recommended lores of Life and Death. Life on the archie, death on #2. Have to say, they've worked well together for me.

I like LSG with Banner of Eternal Flame. My preference is for one big block of LSG and 2 units of archers with musician or 2 units of Seaguard.

You can see them as 3 points more than spear elves or 1 point more than archers with 5+ armor and fight in at least 4 ranks. Given this game now favors big blocks and you still need some shooting, seems like a good deal to me.

Our numbers are so few we need a couple turns of thinning down or eliminating peripheral threats like fast cav, scouts or other missile troops.