PDA

View Full Version : Woodie List, 2500

riotknight
03-11-2010, 06:56
Hey, just a list I'm planning, this will be my second wood elf army, my first painted in Spring theme, this one will be fall. I just wanted some opinions on the build.

Spellweaver
- Wand of Wych Elm
- Talisman of Endurance

Highborn - Alter Kindred
- Extra Hand Weapon
- Bow of Loren
- Shield of Ptolos
- Talisman of Protection
- Arcane Bodkins

Spellsinger
- Level 2
- Feedback Scroll

Noble - BSB
- Murder of Spites
- Banner of Eternal Flame

Glade Guard x20
- Full Command
- Banner of Always Stand and Shoot

Glade Guard x20
- Full Command (BSB goes here)

Glade Rider x5
- Musician, Standard

Glade Rider x5
- Musician, Standard

Dryads x8

Warhawk Riders x6

Treeman

Eagle

Eagle

Total 2494

I have pretty much the entire range at my disposal, The theme is fall, so very few forest spirits abound and I'd prefer to keep it that way. I was toying with the idea of dropping the Glade riders but i don't really want to because the models are so gorgeous. The Lord seemed like an interesting choice to me, with the shield of Ptolos he's pretty safe from shooting, on top of jumping from wood to wood. I haven't quite decided whether I need another bunker unit for the mages or not though.

C&C :)

myrdinn
03-11-2010, 08:28
Glade riders are tough to achieve much with in 8th, sadly. If it's not too against your fluff you could try and get some treekin in there? They've become arguably the best thing we've got since the new rules, while GR have been savaged.

thesheriff
03-11-2010, 09:00
Makes me kinda glad I own 12.

If thsi is competative, i would say double treeman and some units of kin at the expence of the lv.2, the riders, the warhawks, an eagle and the dryads. If it isnt, i woudl just drop the riders for some 'kin.

thesheriff

riotknight
03-11-2010, 17:23
Staying away from Treekin, mostly for thematic reason, it's why there's only the Treeman and his handmaidens. Kind of the last defenders awake.

I have about 42 unpainted Glade Riders lol. Anyway, thanks for the advice :D

Sigmar's Benediction
03-11-2010, 18:19
Hai,

what will you do aganst hight toughness flying opponents?
For some real killing power in my wood elf army I put a,

Highborn
Alter kin
helm of the hunt
potion of fool blabla (+1 A)
spirit sword

7 attacks-always wound- and against hydras, stegadons and ogers really devestating.

Sigmar's Benediction

thesheriff
03-11-2010, 19:55
I have about 42 unpainted Glade Riders lol.

8 units of 5 riders and a bunch of eagle and alter charecters would be quite entertaining for the WE player, and really annoying for the other player :p

myrdinn
04-11-2010, 10:17
Love to see how it comes out. The Glade Riders of the Mark!