PDA

View Full Version : So, Culln. They Keeping Him the Same?

Godzooky
03-11-2010, 11:55
Hi all,

I've not yet picked up the latest Badab-based IA.

I understand Culln is now chapter master of the Scorps. Congrats to him on his promotion and all that, but is his current termie commander guise model still going to represent him in his new alpha dog status?

What with Huron looking the biznez you'd have thought Culln might have popped to Space Tiffany & Co. to treat himself to a few new armour adornments.

Can someone enlighten me, please?

AndrewGPaul
03-11-2010, 14:35
What with Huron looking the biznez you'd have thought Culln might have popped to Space Tiffany & Co. to treat himself to a few new armour adornments.

Can someone enlighten me, please?

He's in the middle of a war. The Red Scorpions Techmarines and artificers have got better things to be doing than mucking about with his armour. It works fine as it is.

He has started wearing a cape, though.

Godzooky
03-11-2010, 14:42
He's in the middle of a war. The Red Scorpions Techmarines and artificers have got better things to be doing than mucking about with his armour. It works fine as it is.

He has started wearing a cape, though.

Obviously my first post did appear rather flippant.

I was really looking at the fact FW had produced an earlier inCullnation to represent his jump-packing years. With the three versions of Valten produced I thought a third and final badass Culln model produced in that spirit would be cool.

Edit: Sorry, Valten, not Sigmar. :rolleyes:

AndrewGPaul
04-11-2010, 14:48
No, what I posted was the official explanation, as given in Imperial Armour 9. :)

Perhaps there'll be one in part two, representing him once he's done kicking Huron's ****.

Godzooky
04-11-2010, 14:53
No, what I posted was the official explanation, as given in Imperial Armour 9. :)

Perhaps there'll be one in part two, representing him once he's done kicking Huron's ****.

I was gonna say, Culln must have completely smeared him across the pavement judging by the way his original GW metal looks. :D

AndrewGPaul
04-11-2010, 18:45
No, that was getting shot in the face by a melta-blast. I wonder who'll do that?

Lord_Crull
04-11-2010, 20:24
No, that was getting shot in the face by a melta-blast. I wonder who'll do that?

Old fluff has Huron shot by one of the Star Phantoms.

nagash66
04-11-2010, 21:02
Old fluff has Huron shot by one of the Star Phantoms.

BAM right in the kisser!:shifty:

DaSpaceAsians
05-11-2010, 00:51
From the CoD expansion, it says that a Star Phantom captain called Lord Androcles gave Huron a nice little melta shot to the right side

Inquisitor Engel
05-11-2010, 02:08
Culln will probably get a new model with the newer, fancier sword and a cape.

And a cooler pose. I hope it's as modular as the last one. Got some good milage out of the body and the helmet, storm bolter arm (awesome shooting pose) and sword (awesome swung pose) made their way into my Terminators.

Cry of the Wind
05-11-2010, 02:20
With any luck it will be like Loth, that Libby has no Scorpions on him unless you put them there.

SamaNagol
05-11-2010, 07:46
Loth and his entire Honour Guard is actually one of the best value things Forgeworld have ever released. You could buy that set 3 times, sell off the parts of 2 on ebay and keep the 3rd set effectively free.

AndrewGPaul
05-11-2010, 08:30
Culln will probably get a new model with the newer, fancier sword and a cape.

Looking at the picture in the book (the one on the cover), his new sword looks pretty much the same as the old one.

I think if they do a new model, expecting a Chapter Master to have no Chapter iconography is a bit unrealistic. After all, Logan Grimnar, Dante and Marneus Calgar are hardly generic, are they? :)