PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch list - 2000pts

Time of Madness
03-11-2010, 14:10
Here is my current 2000pt Tzeentch List.

CHARACTERS

Herald of Tzeentch (General)
- Master of Sorcery
- Winged Horror
= 160pts

Herald of Tzeentch (BSB)
- Master of Sorcery
- Winged Horror
= 185pts

CORE

40 Horrors
***BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Banner of Change
= 535pts

40 Horrors
***General Here***
- Full Command
- Icon of Sorcery
= 525pts

SPECIAL

4 Screamers
= 120pts

4 Screamers
= 120pts

RARE

5 Flamers
= 175pts

5 Flamers
= 175pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1995pts

I usually like to take Lore of Life with my 2 characters. It is fun regrowing horrors and giving them +2 or +4 toughness. I have enough magic missile spells from the horror units themselves to choose from.

The characters will hang tight in my big units of horrors until they come up against something heavy hitting. Then they always have the option of flying out of the unit prior to combat.

Has anyone had success with a list like this? Does anyone think another magic lore would support the horrors better?
Time of Madness

KronusDaSneaky
03-11-2010, 16:03
Interesting list and I like the mono-god approach. No for some suggestions. Whats you policy on SCs? This list would greatly benefit from the blue scribes and the changeling. The first because with two lvl 4 wizards and two lvl 2 wizards you going to need a lot of PD and his syphoning ability will help with this. The second as a character to any superkilly characters you horror hordes may encounter. The best bit about the changeling is that as a champion you automatically res him first if you use regenerate so you can keep bringing him back.

As for lores life best of suits daemons as no doubt your aware so I would take at least one of those but not necessarily on the second herald. You could go double life but there are other good options notably light, death and beasts. Light has great combat buffs which to be fair your horrors might need, death has some great spells like purple sun and could potentially help you to get even more pd due to life leeching and beasts gives you access to transformation of kadon and some good buffs. If you have a chimera model I would consider the latter simply because a chimera with a 4+ save is plain horrible. If you can take dark magister gift all the better since you can then ignore the first miscast and as such throw a tonne of dice at it hoping for IF

Time of Madness
04-11-2010, 18:08
Thanks for the comments.

Not a big fan of the changeling, but the blue scribes might be an option if I can squeeze them in.

I also may look at grabbing a spell breaker instead of the wings.
Time of Madness