PDA

View Full Version : Speed of Asuryan & ASF

Eternus
03-11-2010, 19:53
Quick High Elf question - from an opponents perspective.

Does 'Speed of Asuryan' bestow ASF, or it is a separate rule that makes them always strike first, without actually being the 'Always strikes first' rule? I ask in relation to whether it is affected by the Nightshroud, which causes enemies wishing to attack the wearer to lose the ASF rule if they have it while they attack the wearer of the Nightshroud?

Thanks a bunch.

stripsteak
03-11-2010, 20:19
it gives them asf

AMWOOD co
03-11-2010, 20:35
Speed of Assuryan does give the Always Strikes First rule. However, it gives it on the furthur condition that even if the model is wielding a weapon that has Always Strikes Last he will still benefit from Always Strikes First (not just cancelling but overriding).

Outside of the weapon that the model is using, however, it functions exactly like Always Strikes First and so will be lost from other sources (that Temple Guard special character, for example, will make them strike in Initiative order by giving him Always Strikes Last and thereby cancelling the two effects).

Long story short, yes, Nightshroud will work.

Eternus
03-11-2010, 20:35
it gives them asf

Sorry! Posted at the same time as AMWOOD co - thanks for the answers.

Fubar
04-11-2010, 08:50
So I would guess the follow up question would be if they lost that asf, would they then asl with their great weapons?

narrativium
04-11-2010, 09:32
If they lost ASF, then yes. If they had two sources of ASL vs. their one ASF, the ASLs don't stack and would both be cancelled out by the one ASF.

Eternus
04-11-2010, 09:48
In which case I highly recommend the Nightshroud vs High Elves - for 20 points it may be one of the only things in the game that can stop them attacking first, and going last with a toughness of 3 is not a good place to be.

shakedown47
04-11-2010, 18:14
So I would guess the follow up question would be if they lost that asf, would they then asl with their great weapons?

Speed of Asuryan grants ASF regardless of the weapon being used, unlike normal ASF.

Palatine Katinka
04-11-2010, 18:20
Speed of Asuryan grants ASF regardless of the weapon being used, unlike normal ASF.

The example given in the original post has the High Elves losing ASF due to the Nightshroud worn by a Vampire. As they no longer have ASF, they would strike last with a great weapon. Speed of Asuryan only grants ASF regardless of weapon as long as it grants ASF.