PDA

View Full Version : 3K of WoC for game tomorrow! critique please!!

jthdotcom
03-11-2010, 22:00
Vilitch the Cursling
Sorcerer Lord-Level 4, MoT, Talisman or Preservation, Disc
Exalted Hero-MoK, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne, Favour of the Gods
Exalted Hero-MoK, Juggernaut, BSB, Sword of Swift Slaying, Dawn Stone
Throgg
14 Chaos Warriors-MoT, Additional HW, FC, Banner of Rage
26 Chaos Warriors-MoT, Shields, FC, Blasted Standard
18 Chosen-MoT, Shields, FC, Deaths Head
6 Chaos Knights-MoK, FC, War Banner

Going to be going up against dark elves, any thoughts?
This is pretty much just a scaled up list of my 2k army, which is as yet unbeaten. Only additions are making warrior units different size, and adding the chosen, vilitch, and throgg

Thaddius
04-11-2010, 01:58
First, why did you take Throgg but no other trolls? I would say drop the knights and add some.

Also take a Warshrine, heck, take two! If you are going up against DE you will need them.

Fubar
04-11-2010, 07:04
I'd drop the rage banner and just give that unit MoK for a 6+ ward it seems like a waste of points, and I agree with Thaddius take a war shrine or 2 and either drop Throgg or get some trolls. Also give favour of the gods to the chosen champion, much more useful there.

jthdotcom
04-11-2010, 08:10
Well the hero with Favour will start in the chosen anyway, so that will still help out with their initial eye of the gods roll. I have found Throgg to just be full on awesome as a hero, in a unit of warriors. When I use to use alot of trolls i didn't really like them, but throgg is still awesome In the unit of 14 warriors I can target his scariest unit and go smash them. D6 normal vomit, 2D6 special vomit all ignoring armour, then a stomp, plus the warriors attacks, should make some mince meat. Also I have never really had much luck with warshrines, I always get eye is closed or pointless stuff like magic resistance. I agree with the banner of rage thing, its not worth the points for a 6+ ward. What about razor banner on them? Then they will completely negate any light armour shield saves. I might try and get one warshrine in, but for me knights are all sorts of awesome

Eta
04-11-2010, 08:11
Well the hero with Favour will start in the chosen anyway, so that will still help out with their initial eye of the gods roll.

IIRC it does not help them because the roll is only for the Chosen, not for any attached characters.

Also I have never really had much luck with warshrines, I always get eye is closed or pointless stuff like magic resistance.

That's why you should buff the unit where someone has the Favour of the Gods, modifying the roll can go a long way to get decent results.

Greetings
Eta

jthdotcom
04-11-2010, 08:17
You are indeed correct Eta, my mistake. In that case I will drop death head and give chosen champ favour, that will also help in my points shaving for a warshrine. I think I can drop one knight, as one if not both of the khorne heores will be in the unit, also 1 chosen so that vilitch fits nicely into the ranks, and a few warrior models out of the massive unit, and probably even up the sizes of the 2 warrior units. Then I will have enough points for a tzeentch marked warshrine

Sigmar's Benediction
04-11-2010, 09:05
In the unit of 14 warriors I can target his scariest unit and go smash them. D6 normal vomit, 2D6 special vomit all ignoring armour, then a stomp, plus the warriors attacks, should make some mince meat.

You know Trogg is a different unit type than warriors so it canot join a unit of them. Unless you play 7e

Sigmar's Benediction

jthdotcom
04-11-2010, 09:25
He is monstrous INFANTRY. I could not find anything in the rulebook to say that he can't, I believe he can join in the same way as a mounted character, who is also a different unit type-CAVALRY

OldMaster
04-11-2010, 09:57
Dark Elves? I'd squish a Word of Pain in there somewhere, as in my experience Dark Elf Assassins usually get the upper hand in a challenge. So in order to finish them off before they could land a blow, Word of Pain usually gets the job done.

Eta
04-11-2010, 11:16
You know Trogg is a different unit type than warriors so it canot join a unit of them. Unless you play 7e

Sigmar's Benediction

There is no such rule in 8th, you can join whatever unit you like (unless you are riding a monster).

Greetings
Eta