Torpedo Vegas
04-11-2010, 04:17
Lords:
Prophetess, lvl4, dispell scroll.

Heroes:
BSB, B. Warhorse, Enchnated Shield
Paladin, Royal Pegasus, Armor of Agiluf, Sword Of Striking

Core:
5 Knights Errant, Cavalier and Standard (Banner of Swiftness) BSB here)
6 Knights of the Realm, Full Command
20 Men@Arms, full command
16 Peasent Bowmen, FC

I'm going to try and use the Men@Arms as a 4x5 Infantry Block for Stubborn to hold the center of the field, while the archers provide covering volleys. The Knights will incercle my enemy to get flank charges (hopefully).

The Paladin on Pegasus will serve to either slay casters who are out in the open or crunch thtough weak infantry. The Prophetess will support fighting units with spells from the Lore of Life.

This is my first Bret. list, so any comments wold be great. Yes, I'm aware that the list is slightly over 1000 points, but its a friendly list for friendly games,so it should be okay.

spiderman5z
04-11-2010, 15:00
i wouldnt use a lvl 4 id make her a lvl 2 with a scroll and not use the paladin with a pegasus. The use the leftover points to beef up your units.

Torpedo Vegas
04-11-2010, 15:37
i wouldnt use a lvl 4 id make her a lvl 2 with a scroll and not use the paladin with a pegasus. The use the leftover points to beef up your units.

I was thinking of dropping the paldin and the lvl4, and add a unit of Grail Knights. Would this be a better option, or should I spend the points on buffingh up my Knights, or adding more Men@Arms

Grey Mage
04-11-2010, 16:40
More Knights.

However, you cant drop both- as a Brettonian you need two characters in every army- BSB and general. Consider taking a lvl 2 and giving her a mount so shes safely ensconced inside your KotR... who should be atleast 10 strong.

Torpedo Vegas
04-11-2010, 20:43
Whats should be the minimum size for units, as a rule?

Ramius4
04-11-2010, 21:01
Whats should be the minimum size for units, as a rule?

For me I use a minimum of 9 Knights (except Grail Knights, they get too expensive). That way you're getting a good amount of attacks and still starting with a +2 combat resolution from ranks.

It's nice if you have the points to have a couple extra models though just in case you lose a few on the way in.

Torpedo Vegas
04-11-2010, 22:36
Right, List version 2.0

Heroes:
Damsel, lvl2, barded Warhorse, Dispell Scroll: 144

BSB, Gromil Helm, 90

Core:
12x KoTR, FC: 312
8 Knights Errant, FC, Erranty Banner (BSB goes here): 201
20 Men@Arms, Full Command: 127
16 Peasant Bowmen, FC, Braziers : 121
995, five points to spend left.

Is this better? The lances are longer and should last longer in combat.

Grey Mage
05-11-2010, 01:01
Much Better. I like it. Only so much you can do at this point level. Im not convinced that M@A are worth it in blocks smaller then 40, but at this point level 20 might work as a decent flanking unit, or atleast a second wave.