PDA

View Full Version : Cheap copies of a thousand sons

magath
04-11-2010, 09:18
Hi guys

I was in York yesterday and went into one of those "Publishers clearing house" shops, the one with the wierd orange and blue logo.

Copies of a thousand sons: 2

If you have one of these shops near you and you need a copy, I'd take a look.

narrativium
04-11-2010, 12:01
Might be a loss-leader? A Thousand Sons is a New York Times Bestseller, and it's not going to go out of print for a good while yet.

Londinium
04-11-2010, 18:37
Might be a loss-leader? A Thousand Sons is a New York Times Bestseller, and it's not going to go out of print for a good while yet.

Occasionally those kind of shops manage to get hold of books only a few months after their release and flog them anyways. I remember finding a few History books which were pretty new and still on sale at 13 in Waterstones, in one of these stores going for 4.

I don't know how they do it but every now and then you can get a real bargain amongst the trash that consists of 90% of these shop's stock.

RobC
04-11-2010, 20:27
Could be that they contain minor printing errors. It's extremely rare for a bestselling book to end up in a remainders shop - unless the entire range is having its artwork changed, for example.

Lord_Dante
04-11-2010, 20:58
I found a load of black library books in poundland a few years ago! I can't remember which ones. Witchhunter off the top of my head.

Crube
04-11-2010, 21:04
I've had a few 'new releases' from this sort of place for a couple of quid... Mainly they seem to have a minor printing error (2 x page 54s for example), but are all perfectly servicable...