PDA

View Full Version : Brets Vow need help

Lorex
04-11-2010, 14:19
Hey all. I have a question about a Vow.
I dont remember the name of the Vow but gonna explain.
My friend have a BSB that have the Vow that makes his BSB on foot and all peasants can use is LD. Is that a inspiring precence??
Becuse he use banner of dicipline on him. So all his peasants gets 9LD. Is he doing it right?

dragonet111
04-11-2010, 14:39
Ok here how I understand the thing.

This is not an inspiring presence.

Every peasant according to the Peasant Duty can use the leadership of a knight in a radius of 6". Your friend is using the Virtue of Empathy allowing a knight to fight on foot and extending the radius of the Peasant Duty to 12".
The Banner of Discipline power only apply for the unit of the BSB.

so for instance: If the BSB is in a unit a men-at-arms they are leadership 9 and every unit of peasants in a radius of 12" are leadership 8

theunwantedbeing
04-11-2010, 14:40
Peasants within 6" of a knight get to use his leadership instead of their own.
So if his leadership is 9, they get to use it.
It's not inspiring presence like the general's leadership bubble would be.

Lorex
04-11-2010, 15:14
I think Being is right.=/

Ney
04-11-2010, 15:45
Peasants within 6" of a knight get to use his leadership instead of their own.
So if his leadership is 9, they get to use it.
It's not inspiring presence like the general's leadership bubble would be.

And even if it was, it would still be LD9 as per the latest FAQ.

Garviel
04-11-2010, 15:51
The Virtue (Vow) is the Virtue of Empathy, on anyone but the General it allows Peasants within 12 inches to use his leadership - for the General it is within 6 inches.

Standard of Discipline grants the unit +1Ld but cant use generals inspiring prescence. As peasants use the value of any non fleeing Knight within 6inches normally, or are within 12inches as above I would say then they would have Ld 9 for the test (as per UWB and Ney above)

That said why anyone would build their bsb to be so easily killed is beyond me.

By giving him the banner you cant give him:

a) better armour
b) better weapon
combined with
c) no shield
d) cant keep up with the M8 horsies!!!

Means you've got heavy armour and a hand weapon to go with your lovely banner that only will really aid the least effective units in your army!!!!

Plus you have also lost the Ninja Pony!!! Cant believe the number of times my BSB has been nothing more than an expensive armour save for the horse!

I see that build on a table and I'm going to try and aim as much smack at it as I can....

And Im a bret player!!!

Lorex
04-11-2010, 16:39
My friends battle line allways have men at arms in middle and knights at the flank.
So he use the BSB in middle so they can hold the line better.

Andy p
04-11-2010, 22:44
Well with virtue of Empathy you dont have to field him on foot, it says you may.

Zaonite
04-11-2010, 23:51
I agree with the others here.
With the way the rules are written. I'd say that the boosted leadership value is passed on to nearby peasant units.

(Although I prefer this trick with the banner accompanying my Lord's unit. Making my Knights Ld10.)

Ramius4
05-11-2010, 00:03
The Virtue (Vow) is the Virtue of Empathy, on anyone but the General it allows Peasants within 12 inches to use his leadership - for the General it is within 6 inches.

The part in bold is both misleading and untrue. The General gains nothing extra from the virtue (beyond the choice to be on foot), he simply still uses his normal Inspiring Presence rule (which is already 12").

Glen_Savet
05-11-2010, 04:44
Unless he's on a peg or hyppogryph.

Garviel
05-11-2010, 09:27
The part in bold is both misleading and untrue. The General gains nothing extra from the virtue (beyond the choice to be on foot), he simply still uses his normal Inspiring Presence rule (which is already 12").

Gosh darnitt!

Mis-read on my part!

You sir are correct!

Ramius4
05-11-2010, 17:31
Unless he's on a peg or hyppogryph.

You mean unless he's on a hyppogryph. A Pegasus is not a Large Target, so you don't get the 18" range on Inspiring Presence. ;)

Gosh darnitt!

Mis-read on my part!

You sir are correct!

No prob, it happens.