PDA

View Full Version : Fast cavalry are they skirmishers ?

Demrak
04-11-2010, 15:06
Do fast cavalry have the skirmish rule ? being light troops and the like I always assumed they did, however I don't seem able to find the specific wording that they do...

Lord Malorne
04-11-2010, 15:12
Fast cavalry follow all the rules for fast cavalry as detailed in the rulebook, they do not have the skirmish rule, flying cavalry have the skirmish rule.

stripsteak
04-11-2010, 19:44
Fast cavalry follow all the rules for fast cavalry as detailed in the rulebook, they do not have the skirmish rule, flying cavalry have the skirmish rule.

no flying cavalry are no longer skirmishers this edition, they just gain fast cavalry.

Ramius4
04-11-2010, 19:59
no flying cavalry are no longer skirmishers this edition, they just gain fast cavalry.

Untrue. All units of troops with the fly rule are skirmishers (except single models that is). The fast cavalry rules are an addition to this, not a replacement.

stripsteak
04-11-2010, 20:09
Untrue. All units of troops with the fly rule are skirmishers (except single models that is). The fast cavalry rules are an addition to this, not a replacement.

blah thats what i meant, long night. they don't skirmish because they are flying cavalry

Ramius4
04-11-2010, 20:20
blah thats what i meant, long night. they don't skirmish because they are flying cavalry

No... Flying Cavalry do skirmish. As I said, ALL units of troops that have the Fly special rule are also skirmishers. Flying Cavalry have the Fast Cavalry rule in addition to this. That does not prevent them from being skirmishers though.

Units that are only Fast Cavalry without the Fly rule do not skirmish.

Make sense?