PDA

View Full Version : tau battlesuits

geraint
04-11-2010, 16:50
can all battlesuits take battlesuit wargear or do they either have to be hq/bodyguard/team leaders??
thanks

CoolKidRoc
04-11-2010, 16:54
Check the codex entry for the battlesuits and it'll say there.

geraint
04-11-2010, 16:56
i have and im confused! :/

CoolKidRoc
04-11-2010, 17:08
Looks like they have to be HQ/Bodyguard/Shas'vre. The normal Shas'ui must select three battlesuit weapon or support systems.

So no, not all battlesuits can take "Battlesuit Wargear"

ForgottenLore
04-11-2010, 17:17
"All models with battlesuits must take...battlesuit weapons and support system....A model with access to the armory may also choose...battlesuit wargear list" (p25)

"One Shas'ui per team may be designated...team leader...and may select items from the Battlesuit Wargear list." (p34)

Which parts specifically are confusing you?

nightgant98c
04-11-2010, 17:18
Each suit has to take three weapon systems/support systems. They are in the battlesuit wargear section. Team leaders, bodyguards, and HQ can choose from the hardwired system, also in the battlesuit wargear section. Hopefully that will help.

CoolKidRoc
04-11-2010, 17:28
He's getting confused because it's the Battlesuit Armoury, not the Battlesuit Wargear section.

Within the Battlesuit Armoury, there are 3 other sections, Weapon Systems, Support Systems, and Wargear. Normal Battlesuits(Shas'ui) may not use the Wargear Section, but all other Battlesuits(Shas'vre, Shas'o and Shas'el) may.

geraint
04-11-2010, 17:34
thanks , much better now

nightgant98c
05-11-2010, 16:18
He's getting confused because it's the Battlesuit Armoury, not the Battlesuit Wargear section.

True. I was going from memory, and got the terminology wrong. That can be just as confusing as wrong information sometimes.

CoolKidRoc
05-11-2010, 16:36
Does kind of make me want to make an all Battlesuit army though, which I think isn't possible at the moment :(

DDogwood
06-11-2010, 02:42
Does kind of make me want to make an all Battlesuit army though, which I think isn't possible at the moment :(

No, but you could have a couple of small units of Fire Warriors and everything else in Battlesuits.

geraint
06-11-2010, 02:59
does that army work well , as in , is it a competative list??

DDogwood
07-11-2010, 20:18

I don't know how competitive it is. Battlesuits give a lot of firepower and mobility for their points cost, and you can magnetize the kits pretty easily for a ton of diversity. On the down side, they can't hold objectives, and they can be taken out pretty quickly by enemy shooting or melée if you position them badly. They are also expensive in $.

slingersam
07-11-2010, 20:38

Well the most competitive Tau lists are battle suits, surrounded by Kroot. If you plan on doing an army full of crisis suits, I recommend you buy the battle force and then like 10 more battle suits and a comander. But a very expensive army to field.

ehlijen
07-11-2010, 23:56
To add confusion to the mix:

A Shas'ui may be ugraded to a team leader without becoming a shas'vre (that costs extra). This is still a shas'ui, but he has access to the armoury. Each team can only have one of these team leaders though.

slingersam
08-11-2010, 10:14
Tau is a confused race. It likes everything and everyone that decides to join the Greater good if you don't it is considered heresy in they're eyes