PDA

View Full Version : Blade of realities

Vaughnilla619
04-11-2010, 16:54
im guessing models can re-roll failed LD tests they have to take for this if they are within 12 inches away from a bsb?

papabearshane
04-11-2010, 16:57
This should be FAQed if not then the that really nerfs a 75pt weapon

Vaughnilla619
04-11-2010, 17:15
yeah i already looked in there and it has no mention of it. in the rulebook it says any LD test within 12 inches of your bsb can be re-rolled. totally nerfs a 75 point weapon indeed :cries:

Gunless Ganger
04-11-2010, 21:36
Ouch! I never thought of that....

I'm now picturing a mighty towering Saurus lord vs. some lowly goblin unit champ. As the saurus rains blow after blow down onto the runty goblin he begins to feel reality slipping away from him - his very soul is in danger of shattering. Suddenly his buddy carrying a stick with a bedsheet tied to it calls out to him - 'It's not real - don't worry - you're safe!' The heroic goblin rallies pulling himself back into his own reality with a great sigh of relief and a thumbs up to his friend.... just in time to watch the Saurus cleave him into tiny pieces using the regular-old sharp part of the sword. :)

Agoz
05-11-2010, 03:44
Ouch! I never thought of that....

I'm now picturing a mighty towering Saurus lord vs. some lowly goblin unit champ. As the saurus rains blow after blow down onto the runty goblin he begins to feel reality slipping away from him - his very soul is in danger of shattering. Suddenly his buddy carrying a stick with a bedsheet tied to it calls out to him - 'It's not real - don't worry - you're safe!' The heroic goblin rallies pulling himself back into his own reality with a great sigh of relief and a thumbs up to his friend.... just in time to watch the Saurus cleave him into tiny pieces using the regular-old sharp part of the sword. :)

that is just fantastic

freddieyu
05-11-2010, 03:59
This should be FAQed if not then the that really nerfs a 75pt weapon

no saves of any kind allowed??? I still say it's bloody worth it!!! Take THAT you DE lord with the Pendant of Cheese!!!

sholcomb
05-11-2010, 04:26
Poor Lizardmen. I guess this is why in 8th you are forced to take Slann, as bad as they are.

papabearshane
05-11-2010, 04:31
Slann Bad?????????? Who ever said Slann were Bad. Just Awsomeness, but it dose make me have to kill the BsB first when I run my favorite Lord build.........................

The Grim
05-11-2010, 04:49
Poor Lizardmen. I guess this is why in 8th you are forced to take Slann, as bad as they are.

Ye Slanns suck, you know they can no longer annihilate the army on one spell, they can only cast 4 or 5 spells per turn, etc. well they suck.

The_Bureaucrat
05-11-2010, 05:44
Even with re-rolled leadership tests, its still one of the best weapons if not best in the game.

The Grim
05-11-2010, 05:51
Even with re-rolled leadership tests, its still one of the best weapons if not best in the game.

Depends against who you're going...

Vaughnilla619
05-11-2010, 18:07
Depends against who you're going...

Agreed. vs Night Goblin Lords and hero's its good. against anything with LD 8 or higher that gets to re roll, it just doesnt seem worth it.

instead now i give him...

Burning Blade of Chotec
Shield of the Mirriored Pool
Carnasaur Pendant
Glyph Knecklace

so he has flaming attacks and an additional -2 to the opponents AS, Frenzy after first unsaved wound, a 5+ ward, and any magic cast at him by the opponent will be reflected back on a roll of a 2+

I think that build will be a little more effective. imo :D

Kalandros
05-11-2010, 18:24
still auto destroys a Plague Furnace and Screaming Bell. Its worth it.

Greyfire
05-11-2010, 22:49
and any magic cast at him by the opponent will be reflected back on a roll of a 2+
You mean any magic missile. That's 10 spells from the BRB so it's a help, but it doesn't help against the mean spells. Not sure of the count for the army lores so I'm sure it's more than 10.