PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt VC. Suggestions?

Perywinkle
04-11-2010, 18:26
Not played since 4th ed so a bit out of touch, though i've been reading through the new rules and have knocked up a 2k list to try at at the local games club.

Am I on the right tracks?
Anyone got any hints or ideas?

Vamp lord (in grave guard)
Ghoulkin
Summon Ghouls
Red Fury
Helm of commandment
Bloody Hauberk
Sword of Battle - 385

Necro (in ghouls)
- 2 extra spells
book of Arkhan - 120

Wight Lord BSB (in Grave guard)
- BAnner of the Barrows - 145

24 Ghouls inc Ghast - 200

30 Skele's - spears
full command
Banner of swiftness - 305

5 Dire Wolves inc Doom wolf - 50

23 Garve Guard - full command
- royal standard of strigos - 341

Black Coach - 200

Total 1996 pts

Cheers
Pez

tehhelios
05-11-2010, 11:37
To much focus on your graveguard imo and u dont have enough magic or other dangerous units to make the enemy focus elsewhere.

I mean, it will get hit by the mega death spell every turn or placed against some unbreakable unit while the enemy mop up the rest and you cant use the helm if hes in combat.

Perywinkle
05-11-2010, 18:16
Cool, thanks for the info, like I said it's like starting afreash after not playing for so long lol

Nocculum
05-11-2010, 18:36
Vamp lord (in grave guard)
Ghoulkin
Summon Ghouls
Red Fury
Helm of commandment
Bloody Hauberk
Sword of Battle - 385

Personally, I would shuffle your army around to find the points to upgrade the Necromancer to a Vampire, and move Ghoulkin to him, to give your lord Avatar of Death or Infinite Hatred. On the other hand, you've configured him for casting/combat, consider one or the other, as you've fairly solid combat blocks to do the latter over the former. Keep him this cheap, though, for sure. The Sword of Battle could probably be dropped for the Sword of Frenzy, for an easy 5 points saved.

Necro (in ghouls)
- 2 extra spells
book of Arkhan - 120

Upgrade to a Vampire with something along the lines of Talisman of Lycni, Sword of Battle, Flayed Hauberk and then Infinite Hatred and Ghoulin, to run with the Ghouls or flank.

Wight Lord BSB (in Grave guard)
- BAnner of the Barrows - 145

Looks good, not sure you need both magic banners in the same unit however, it's alot of points and with Helm of Commandment you don't need the boost. Sword of Kings and the Black Gem are good for a reason :).

Both solid, just remember to keep them raised!

30 Skele's - spears
full command
Banner of swiftness - 305

Given you've invested in Ghouls, perhaps drop this unit to 25 without a magic banner as a residual combat unit. Otherwise, add Lord of the Dead to the vampire if you take him over the necromancer and start with a smaller unit to raise them until turn 2. This will give you the extra points to make said change.

Switch a Doom Wolf for the equivalent points of Dire Wolves, they're useless upgrades in these cheap throwaway screen units.

23 Grave Guard - full command
- royal standard of strigos - 341

Black Coach - 200

Both solid choices, although there's plenty of argument for the Varghulf over the Coach given the Coach now drains potentially every casting dice you and your opponent generate. Try both, see what you fancy.

Hope this helps :).