PDA

View Full Version : 1k daemons vs DE

PeG
04-11-2010, 21:02
We are currently running a series of 1k games and I am having trouble with a DE player. Any advice how to handle him would be welcome. At 1k he brings a hydra, caster with dagger to get additional PD, large unit of elf spearmen. Usually some shades and knights.

Getting overwhelmed in the magic phase together with the hydra is a hard combination.

LAV-Kitsune-
04-11-2010, 21:10
You could always get one herald of Tzeentch with Mos and spellbreaker. Pick some buff lore that suits you best. Then get 2 fiends as separate units and with rest of the points pink horrors. Get full command and +1 to cast banner for those and you should have army of 56 horrors. Play them as normal 5 ranks and you get immense steadfast unit with 4+ ward. They will easily blast away hydras with their flaming spells and herald can take care of the rest with some massdestruction spell. Its very eeeeevul list really *grin*

KronusDaSneaky
05-11-2010, 17:04
You could always get one herald of Tzeentch with Mos and spellbreaker. Pick some buff lore that suits you best. Then get 2 fiends as separate units and with rest of the points pink horrors. Get full command and +1 to cast banner for those and you should have army of 56 horrors. Play them as normal 5 ranks and you get immense steadfast unit with 4+ ward. They will easily blast away hydras with their flaming spells and herald can take care of the rest with some massdestruction spell. Its very eeeeevul list really *grin*

If you really want to be super evil drop some horrors and take the blue scribes too. With energy syphon the DE who is dominating the magic phase will be subsidising your even nastier one. Assuming you have no qualms with using cheap op special characters

PeG
05-11-2010, 21:23
I used to do mono slaanesh without GD in the end of 7th so a huge horror block would mean lots of new models :(

I usually try to avoid SC.

KronusDaSneaky
05-11-2010, 21:58
I used to do mono slaanesh without GD in the end of 7th so a huge horror block would mean lots of new models :(

I usually try to avoid SC.

Fair do's, I don't much either unless there's a very good reason but its not precisely wrong given what your facing. DE are generally superior to demons in this edition and I find this to be more so at low points. At 1000 points your greatly constrained regarding heroes and lords while the DE as evidenced by the list you mentioned have access to the blasted underpointed Hydra. Truth be told this is a painful looking list for which you need to plan in some effective counters.

Horrors would be the obvious choice with their ward saves, flaming attacks, and access to a lore full of powerful flaming magic missile would make short work of the regeneration reliant hydra. However I think its best to perhaps stick with the models available. Unfortunately pretty much nothing in the slannesh line will hurt at hydra at this point level they are also a question choice given the amount of magic with horrors with their higher wards save and letters with MR 1 both being better options.

My thoughts are to go with whatever you have but insert a 6 man units of flamers in and a Herald of Tz with MoS and the lore of the death. Hopefully the flamers will kill or sufficiently weaken the hydra while the Herald of Tz should be able to magically snipe the caster with the lore best suited to wizard assassination. With the caster down he can then start throwing spells with impunity at the hydra. The rest of the points I would spend on infantry of your choice and a appropriate herald and go from there