PDA

View Full Version : 2k WoC List

logan054
04-11-2010, 21:04
Well I have made yet another new list, as people in my area seem to play 2k games I have made some drastic changes, hopefully I can get a few people to play some larger games in the future! I had a 2k game today which give me the idea for it, it certainly showed me how pointless spawn are now :(

Anyways, Sorcerer and BSB with Tzeentch unit which I though made ironcurse pretty good for 5pts (5+ ward for the unit against warmachines, can't be bad!)

Sorcerer and BS with Tzeentch warriors.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4
- Mark fo Tzeentch
- Talisman Endurance
- Enchanted Shield
- Spell Familiar
- Ironcurse Icon
Total 350pts

Lords: 350

Exalted Champion of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Barded steed
- Charmed Shield
- Sword of Might
- Helm of Many Eyes
Total 191pts

- Mark of Tzeentch
- Shield
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Dragon Helm
Total 185pts

Heroes: 376pts

16 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Fullcommand
Total 306pts

18 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard
- Musician
- Shields
- Halberds
Total 354pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

Core: 720pts

4 Chaos Trolls
Total 180pts

5 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
Total 240pts

Special: 420pts

Chaos Warshrine
Total 130pts

logan054
06-11-2010, 13:44
- Mark of Khorne
- Juggernaut of Khorne
- Great Weapon
- Talisman of Preservation
- Charmed shield
Total 233pts

- Mark of Tzeentch
- Shield
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Book of Secrets
- Spell Familiar
- Dragon Helm
- 3rd eye of Tzeentch
Total 250pts

Heroes: 483pts

17 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Fullcommand
Total 322pts

18 Chaos Warriors
- Marl of Khorne
- Fullcommand
- Great Weapons
Total 366pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

Core: 748pts

3 Chaos Trolls
Total 135pts

5 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Fullcommand
- Standard of Discipline
Total 295pts

Special: 430pts

Chaos Warshrine
Total 130pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare: 335

I am in actually in two minds about using a hellcannon, main thing is I actually have to get hold of one at a reasonable price, I have been entertaining the idea of either putting a giant or Shaggoth in the list instead of it.

logan054
07-11-2010, 14:58
so 100 views and not a single person can be bothered to comment, cheers again warseer, you have been much help :rolleyes:

Narcissus
07-11-2010, 19:29
Your list looks pretty solid. Pretty vulnerable to warmachines though as you have pretty low numbers. I would remove the fighty hero and use the points to bulk up your units a little. Get the unit of 16 warriors to 18 and up the trolls to 6, so they are a real threat (18 S5 + 5 stomp!).

Second list I think the warshrine may be taking up too much room in your list alongside the hellcannon. The warshrine helps to buff your units but is not contributing beyond that.

Even a level 2 can still get some spells off and will hep you with dispels. Level 2 with a scroll can help you to weather the magic phase and possibly get a big spell off. Put him behind your lines close to combat and he won't hurt you if he miscasts.

Hope that helps somewhat or gives you something extra to think about. I wasn't really sure if I should post after your caustic post...

logan054
07-11-2010, 21:20
Well cheers for your reply, if you are wondering why my post took that tone I have posted several lists before and no one had bothered to reply.

Anyways, yeah I can certainly drop the fighting hero, I think I take them more because out of habit than anything, I can buff the trolls to 5 but I sadly don't have a 6th. As for the warhsrine I have only used it once and I will admit I wasn't that impressed with the results so I may as well just drop them from both lists. Do you think it would be worth including a hellcannon on both?

I could also buff the Tzeentch warriors to 18 and should have enough points for a blasted standard and some more trinkets for my BSB.

With the 2nd list I was actually going to include a lvl2 but it was a case of points, with a BSB I do find you are very limited as to what else you can squeeze into that 25% without taking a lord. This is the main reason I thought I would try the BSB as a Wizard. I did want to see if it is at all possible to make a semi Viable jugger hero, I have this feeling I am going to use it once and regret it...

Anyways thankyou for your reply as it has given me some food for thought

logan054
08-11-2010, 05:50
OK I have made some changes bases on your suggestions.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4
- Mark fo Tzeentch
- Talisman Endurance
- Enchanted Shield
- Spell Familiar
Total 345pts

Lords: 345

- Mark of Tzeentch
- Shield
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Dragon Helm
Total 185pts

Heroes: 185pts

18 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Fullcommand
Total 338pts

18 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Khorne
- Standard
- Musician
- Shields
- Halberds
Total 354pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

Core: 720pts

5 Chaos Trolls
Total 225pts

6 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
Total 280pts

Special: 505pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare:205pts

- Mark of Khorne
- Juggernaut of Khorne
- Great Weapon
- Charmed shield
Total 233pts

- Mark of Tzeentch
- Shield
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Book of Secrets - Lore of Shadow
- Spell Familiar
- Dragon Helm
- 3rd eye of Tzeentch
Total 250pts

Heroes: 483pts

17 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Fullcommand
- Blastered standard
Total 362pts

18 Chaos Warriors
- Marl of Khorne
- Fullcommand
- Great Weapons
Total 366pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

Core: 788pts

5 Chaos Trolls
Total 225pts

5 Chaos Knights
- Mark of Khorne
- Fullcommand
- Standard of Discipline
Total 295pts

Special: 655pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare: 205

logan054
09-11-2010, 11:20
Right made some final changes to the 2nd list

Exalted Hero (With Knights)
- Mark of Khorne
- charmed shield
- Halberd :cries:
- juggernaut
Total 229

Exalted Hero (With Tzeentch Warriors)
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Battle Standard Bearer
- shield
Total 150pts

Sorcerer (With Tzeentch Warriors)
- level 2
- Lore of Fire
Total 120pts

Heroes: 499pts

17 Warriors
- Mark of Tzeentch
- blasted standard
- full command
- shields
Total 362

18 Warriors
- Mark of Nurgle
- banner of rage
- Standard
- Musician
- Great Weapons
Total 389

5 Warhounds
Total 30pts

5 Warhounds
Total 30pts

Core: 811pts

5 Chaos Knights
- MoK
- Champion
- Musician
Total 260pts

5 Trolls
Total 225

Special: 485pts

Hellcannon
Total 205pts

Rare: 205pts

NixonAsADaemonPrince
09-11-2010, 11:53
The latest list looks good, just remember that you unfortunately can't take Lore of Shadow on a Lvl 2, and I'd have Halberds on the Nurgle Warriors as well, other than that nothing to suggest.

On the Warshrine, I'd never include it, its a bit rubbish in my opinion. The Hellcannon has always done me well though, whether with shooting or combat.

logan054
09-11-2010, 12:28
Cheers mate, I do normally take halberds over warriors but I think I want to try great weapons out on my warriors just to see how they perform, Now I just need to get my hands on a hellcannon :(

NixonAsADaemonPrince
09-11-2010, 14:24
Cheers mate, I do normally take halberds over warriors but I think I want to try great weapons out on my warriors just to see how they perform, Now I just need to get my hands on a hellcannon :(

Fair enough, go for it. I managed to get my Hellcannon second hand for 15, my only other suggestion would be to get a dwarf cannon and stick some extra things on, and a few other chaos icons, otherwise it might just have to be that nasty 35 price tag :(.

logan054
09-11-2010, 15:34
Well I have been keeping a eye on fleebay for one but you get these crazy people who seem more concerned with winning the bid rather than using their brains and figuring out they have saved a whole 2 retail with P&P :rolleyes:

I just had it pointed out to me that i didnt pay for the correct points for the jugger hero so I need a suitable hero combo that will

a) make it across the board
b) look suitable for the model
c) is no more than 230pts

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/Logoan054/Warhammer/DSCN2038.jpg

aby suggestions?

NixonAsADaemonPrince
09-11-2010, 17:36
Right, I'd go for one of these:

Exalted Hero with Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Halberd, Charmed Shield, Opal Amulet and Helm of Many Eyes: 224pts.

Very lethal, not quite so survivable, obviously Stupid.

The other one:

Exalted Hero with Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Halberd or Great Weapon, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Potion of Foolhardiness: 219/223pts depending on weapon.

Not quite so lethal, but with a better Ward save, and no Stupidity is handy (with a reroll, Ld8 with fail 1 in 13 times, no reroll just over 1 in 4 times).

Hope this helps.

P.S Nice model.

logan054
09-11-2010, 17:56
cheers for the ideas, it really is a pain trying to find something that fits the bill with only 50pts of items, it wouldn't be so bad if he still got the LoS roll like in past editions, i may even think about giving him a magic weapon rather than a great weapon, the main problem is when I converted him I had 8th ed in mind and then after I did the conversion I discover that he goes to be cannon bait :(

cheers btw :)

NixonAsADaemonPrince
09-11-2010, 18:45
Fair enough, its a bit of a tricky one. I just came up with another fun setup:

Exalted Hero with Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Sword of Strife, Charmed Shield and Potion of Foolhardiness: 225pts.

10 S5 attacks on the charge, should be fun! Just a thought anyway :).

logan054
09-11-2010, 19:14
lol thats insane! I really like that combo :) I think I might have to bite the bullet and pretend its a halberd however, I think if he was I7 I would risk having a lower wardsave