PDA

View Full Version : Engine of the Gods+Skink Priest

Gloomwhisker
05-11-2010, 02:53
Hey everyone. This is probably a question I should know the answer to right off, and maybe it's just getting late and I'm confused. However, here we go...

When it comes to building an army, and having to consider the percentage values of your Heroes and Lords as such, does a Skink Priest's Ancient Stegadon with the Engine of the Gods count towards the Hero percentage? What I mean to say, obviously the Skink Priest himself counts towards the allowed points percentage for Heroes, but do the points for the Ancient Stegadon with the EoTG count toward that percentage as well?

I ask, because in, say, a 2000 point game, a typical Skink Priest mounted on an Engine of the Gods is going to essentially take up close to all 500(25%) of the allowed points at this level. Just curious. Thanks for any help. Perhaps the answer to this is just as simple as it seems, perhaps it's mentioned in the latest Errata, I'm just not aware at the moment.

*Like I said, this is most likely a question that I should very well know the answer for, but thanks to an insanely long week and the late hour here...I'm at a loss. Thanks!

Gloomwhisker

StarFyreXXX
05-11-2010, 02:54
yes, the mount counts as well.

Sanjay

Synnister
05-11-2010, 03:34
Yes his mount is included in the hero allotment.

T10
05-11-2010, 10:15
I ask, because in, say, a 2000 point game, a typical Skink Priest mounted on an Engine of the Gods is going to essentially take up close to all 500(25%) of the allowed points at this level.

Otherwise you could have four or so Skink Priests on Stegadons... would hardly leave any points left for troops!

-T10

Gloomwhisker
05-11-2010, 16:43
Great, thanks everyone, that's what I thought....and also, seeing as it's now the next day and I've gotten some sleep, it makes all the sense in the world to me. It does make taking an Engine of the Gods a very deliberate and hard choice, doesn't it? To be honest, I kind of like that...no-brainers don't sit all that well with me.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Gloomwhisker

decker_cky
05-11-2010, 17:20
Lizardmen also have a lot of choices that are very 7th edition in feel. They benefited on slanns and salamanders, but things like mixed krox/skink units, engine of the gods and saurus spearmen fit in much better in 7th.

R-Love
05-11-2010, 19:50
Lizardmen also have a lot of choices that are very 7th edition in feel. They benefited on slanns and salamanders, but things like mixed krox/skink units, engine of the gods and saurus spearmen fit in much better in 7th.

Weird, eh? Almost like the book was written for 7th rather than 8th...

:D

decker_cky
05-11-2010, 21:31
Well...warriors which was before it is obviously written for 8th. ;)