PDA

View Full Version : Chimera and Spotlights and smoke

Commissar Davis
05-11-2010, 14:16
I noticed that few people have bothered modelling these on, even though they are standard in the rules and should be on Chimera for wysiwyg purposes.

I wondered how many here actually bothered to add them, and if so, if they did any converting, or are they something that is just left off as an assumption that everyonr should know they have them?

CoolKidRoc
05-11-2010, 15:00
I added the spotlight but not the smoke launchers, just because I thought it was aesthetically pleasing.

I don't think it really matters, as it is default armament.

don_mondo
05-11-2010, 15:04
Put both on. Not all vehicles come with them standard, so non-IG players might not realize that they are standard equipment for our rides. But since I don't like the huge clunky searchlights, I made my own from those little Christmas tree light bulb holders.

Lord Tyrannus
05-11-2010, 15:12
i would consider the smoke launcheres for my own, but that big searchligt that rarely would get used anyway will never get on my IG vehichels

ColShaw
05-11-2010, 15:45
Put both on. Not all vehicles come with them standard, so non-IG players might not realize that they are standard equipment for our rides. But since I don't like the huge clunky searchlights, I made my own from those little Christmas tree light bulb holders.

The little searchlights on the plastic Sentinel sprue are a lot more tasteful. Of course, you've probably got more Chimeras than Sentinel kits...

Bunnahabhain
05-11-2010, 16:45
Virtually every one of my vehicles has custom search lights- long, narrow tubes with a wire out the back. Looks much better, in my opinion.

The Generic smokes are fine though.

Commissar Davis
05-11-2010, 21:17
Not all vehicles come with them standard, so non-IG players might not realize that they are standard equipment for our rides. A very good reason to at least make an effort or to make a note on ones list (a growing gripe) that they have them. Saves on those :wtf: moments, like marine sized Chaos lords that were also a DP in the 3.5 codex.

Garven Dreis
05-11-2010, 22:48
I noticed that few people have bothered modelling these on, even though they are standard in the rules and should be on Chimera for wysiwyg purposes.

I wondered how many here actually bothered to add them, and if so, if they did any converting, or are they something that is just left off as an assumption that everyonr should know they have them?

The Vraks Renegades and Heretics don't have them as standard equipment.

Although, because they are standard wargear for Imperial Guard, it's really up to you. I personally hate the searchlight, so I don't like putting it on.