PDA

View Full Version : list got a chance?

lewiss111
05-11-2010, 17:26
hi everyone,

i've got a fairly big tournament coming up next weekend, and then an even larger one in February. heres my list, and i'm looking for some criticism which may make the list a bit harder hitting. so far i've had some fairly decent luck so far, but i'm struggling with the recurring builds of artillery heavy, and hellpit skaven

so heres the list- its 2200:

sorcerer lord 370
lvl 4
scroll
necrotic phylactery
talisman of preservation
tzeentch

exalted 244
juggernaught
khorne
bsb
crown of command
iron curse

30 marauders 200
khorne
GW
full com

30 marauders 200
khorne
GW
full com

30 marauders 200
khorne
GW
full com

15 chosen 380
full com
halberds
banner of rage
eye of gods

6 chaos knights 270
khorne

warshrine 130

hellcannon 205

the main tactics have been to march forward fairly quickly, and get into combat asap.

the marauders have performed really well, and so have the chosen, i'm just a bit iffy about having a jugg due to no LOS. what do you guys think of going for a passive lore on the sorcerer- to boost my own guys, and spending the spare points somewhere else?

ROCKY
05-11-2010, 19:22
first off the gear on your sorceror lord needs work, drop necrotic phylactery and the scroll, give him talisman of preservation, sword of might, enchanted shield and spell familiar. your jugger will not reieve any lookout sirs from his units if sniped by a cannon etc. try taking a barded steed. but to be fair why is he in a small unit of knights anyways? hes your bsb, thus he needs to be in a big unit and to pass rerolls for the whole army. take 2 units of marauders at 40 strong. bump up the chosen and get a chariot or 2. and lastly consider investing in hounds...lots of them.

lewiss111
05-11-2010, 20:56
In response to the exalted- he's in a unit of marauders- centre of the army.
To be honest- I don't think a spell familiar would come in use, as he is already lvl4 and you only desirably want 3 out of the 6 spells in the tzeentch lore.
Iquite like the idea of making the sorcerer lord a combat orientated wizard, but for the BSB, surely it's better to keep him on a juggernaught and give him the charmed shield, so I can ignore the first hit and get in combat 2nd turn untouched. Also if he's on a monstrous Mount, I can negate stop against the whole unit I'm in, if I'm fighting a monster- which can be the difference between winning and loosing a combat

The knights are there as a support unit for beefier combats, and to take out monsters.

ROCKY
06-11-2010, 17:27
In response to the exalted- he's in a unit of marauders- centre of the army.
To be honest- I don't think a spell familiar would come in use, as he is already lvl4 and you only desirably want 3 out of the 6 spells in the tzeentch lore.
Iquite like the idea of making the sorcerer lord a combat orientated wizard, but for the BSB, surely it's better to keep him on a juggernaught and give him the charmed shield, so I can ignore the first hit and get in combat 2nd turn untouched. Also if he's on a monstrous Mount, I can negate stop against the whole unit I'm in, if I'm fighting a monster- which can be the difference between winning and loosing a combat

The knights are there as a support unit for beefier combats, and to take out monsters.

I understand what your trying to point out, however he will only benefit from the shield once, and secondly it does not protect the unit as they are infantry. and the lore of tzeentch (except the baleful trans spell) are all great, treason, flickering, pandemonium, gateway, and call to glory are all great. who does not want another exalted? who doesnt want to blast fiery death on enemies? and treason will really hurt black guard and swordmasters. lastly a combat wizard lord is a good choice. WS5 and 3 attacks is there for a reason.

Eta
06-11-2010, 17:48
You will have to change your sorcerer equipment because he has two talismans at the moment.

Drop the Juggernaut when you want to put your BSB in an infantry unit or else he will be cannon snipered.

Combine the marauders into two bigger units, they need the numbers to dish out enough damage after they got mauled by an enemy unit.

A unit of hounds or two as screeners or warmachine hunters would not be wrong, too.

Greetings
Eta

lewiss111
06-11-2010, 18:14
Okay- today I'm gonna be playing a friendly game against dwarves( even though he's gonna use a cheesy list :P, so I'm gonna try 2 units of 40 marauders instead of 3, and I will swap the knights for trolls