PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! 1,000 points orcs for a double tourney tomorrow!

bravey
05-11-2010, 18:12
Yeah, as the title says, I have a doubles tourney going on tomorrow, aaand I just realized this morning that I really needed to write a list, so here is it. I need some pretty blunt, prompt criticism here!

Lords:

Level 3 Orc Great Shaman: 250
Feedback Scroll
Power Scroll

Heroes:

Black Orc Bigboss=106 (he is a cheapish CC'er)
Enchanted sheild/Heavy Armour
Warriors Bane
Luckstone

NG BSB=59 (pretty much vanilla)
Light Armour/Sheild

Core:
60 Boyz with additional Choppa=420 (These can be split into two units of 30 or more, as I have 48 boyz that are modeled with 2 Choppas, and another 50 armed with Choppa and Sheild, which can be put in the back ranks)

Special:
2 Spear Chukkas=70
Rock Lobber=70

Total=975 points

Again, blunt and fast responses and thoughts are needed, the Tourney is 1st thing tomorrow morning!

Nocculum
05-11-2010, 18:29
Level 3 Orc Great Shaman: 250
Feedback Scroll
Power Scroll

You cannot take both of the items, so remove one (Feedback) and we're good to go.

Heroes:

Black Orc Bigboss=106 (he is a cheapish CC'er)
Enchanted sheild/Heavy Armour
Warriors Bane
Luckstone

If he's on foot, I'd go Enchanted Shield/Heavy Armour and Crown of Command, giving you a large LD8 Stubborn unit of boyz. The Armed to Da Teeth rule gives you the flexibility you need for weapons, and without a Boar, Luckstone is worthless.

NG BSB=59 (pretty much vanilla)
Light Armour/Sheild

With the 25 points you have spare, at least give this guy the Warbanner. You could even use the +1LD banner and keep the Blorc Boss/Shaman in the same unit for LD9 Stubborn, if you decide to take the Crown of Command that is.

Core:
60 Boyz with additional Choppa=420 (These can be split into two units of 30 or more, as I have 48 boyz that are modeled with 2 Choppas, and another 50 armed with Choppa and Sheild, which can be put in the back ranks)

I'd advise you to take 2X25 or 2X30, using the points save on 2X25 to take as many or as large a goblin unit as possible, or even better, Spider/Wolf Riders for screens, flanking harassers and deployment options.

Special:
2 Spear Chukkas=70
Rock Lobber=70

No complaints here, although I'd drop two boyz and take a Doomdiver over the Rock Lobber personally.

bravey
05-11-2010, 18:56
@Noculum: Something like this would work?

Lords:

Level 3 Orc Great Shaman: 200
Power Scroll

Heroes:

Black Orc Bigboss=131 (he is a cheapish CC'er)
Enchanted sheild/Heavy Armour/Crown of Command(I don't understand how the Crown give the unit he is with Stubborn? I thought the Crown only made him Stubborn?)

NG BSB=94 (fi i don't take a Doomdiver,I could give him a Razor Standard, in which case he costs 104 points)
Light Armour/Sheild
Warbanner

Core:
2 units of 30 Boyz with additional Choppas=420 (Should they be run 10 wide, to make them a horde?)
OR I can take option 2...
2 units of 25 boyz, with additional Choppas=350
if I take option 2, I can take a unit of...
30 NG's with HW, shield=75 points

Special:
2 Spear Chukkas=70
Rock Lobber=70
(might swap this with a Doomdiver, though the Rock lobber might be able to kill more)

Total without Doomdiver=985
Total with Doomdiver=995

Nocculum
05-11-2010, 19:05
Looks good, the Doomdiver is more to tackle cavalry and heavily armoured large targets/creatures than heavy casualty inflicting on blocks of infantry.

Good luck in your tournament (and Razor Standard if you can take it, for sure!)

bravey
05-11-2010, 19:15
Looks good, the Doomdiver is more to tackle cavalry and heavily armoured large targets/creatures than heavy casualty inflicting on blocks of infantry.

Good luck in your tournament (and Razor Standard if you can take it, for sure!)

I will try and make room for the Doomdiver and the Razor Standard, if I can.

*Digi-High Five* Thanks for the prompt help!

Wyrmnax
05-11-2010, 20:04
Why not make the bork the SB?

He is much more survivable than the goblin, and you want your standard to survive a few rounds of melee.

bravey
07-11-2010, 01:47
I totally owned! The Razor Standard is the best!

No, actually, I got totally owned. Lemme explain...

1st off, there was a glitch on the site, so instead of 1,000 points doubles, they were actually doing 2,000 points, not teams. Thankfully, the guy organizing the game let me borrow his Skinks and Saurus warriors, so I proxied them as Night Gobbo's with spears, and Boyz with Choppa/shield, respectively. Yep, I filled up 1,000 points with NG, Boyz, and a Level 2 NG shaman. Sadly, in the following games, I got my butt whupped because the proxied units died way to fast! Almost all my losses were proxied troops. It was baad...

Bravey

Nocculum
07-11-2010, 17:46
That sucks, Bravey. It's hard to make a list up on the spot, especially 1000 points, and expect it to just be a synergy laden dream.

Better luck next time :).