PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar 'Dark Tarot'

eldargal
06-11-2010, 15:38
In one of the project logs someone had some things called 'Dark Tarot' cards as part of the Dark Eldar release, with in game benefits. What precisely is this and why haven't I heard about it?:shifty: It wasn't in my White Dwarf and no one mentioned anything like it to some friends who were in GW earlier today.

ArtificerArmour
06-11-2010, 15:43
never heard of it.

Hokiecow
06-11-2010, 15:51
I thought it was an Aussie only thing. My understanding is, it's a promotional item to help DE player buy their army and possibly get a discount? I don't think it has any in game value. Unless it's to keep track of pain points.

lumiya
06-11-2010, 19:27
I know its in Australia, don't know about anywhere else, but its a sales gimmick by GW to sell more Dark Eldar/other new releases.

If you buy a new release over November/December/January, you get a Dark Tarot card which can be used instore. It is essentially an instant stat bonus, different cards give different stats (+1 Ld, +1 I etc.) and these can be put down during a game.

That's all I know :D

Hendarion
06-11-2010, 20:57
Wtf :D
Booster packs for everyone :p

the_gobbo_king
06-11-2010, 22:34
Just to add to Lumiya, some also give stat negatives to your warriors... I know it won't be long before I start seeing them on the tables, with the release yesterday...

P.S I think it's Australia Only.

Scott.

Mannimarco
06-11-2010, 22:35
And if its Australia only watch the value of them skyrocket once they get put online

Reflex
06-11-2010, 23:15
"I choose you Pikachu!"

'Ah... wrong game fool!'

"Not any more!"

lol they are quite annoying, and im not really a fan. But the idea is kinda cool.

Omens
06-11-2010, 23:48
And if its Australia only watch the value of them skyrocket once they get put online

They are only usable in the gw stores in aussie over the time frame mentioned before, its not a simple use anywhere for stat boosts. So unless you want a cool little card then they wont be selling for much on ebay.

Mannimarco
07-11-2010, 01:37
Trust me, the hardcore collectors will buy it even if its just to say "yep I own that"

Garven Dreis
07-11-2010, 01:42
Wow, really? If I see one of those played, I will probably just go "Your dreaming, right?"

I'm kind of disappointed that Games Workshop does this, even while all their stuff costs an arm and a leg over here.

Nightsword
07-11-2010, 01:51
This guy has 4 tarot cards for anyone who is interested: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281948

DeviantApostle
07-11-2010, 01:02
To be clear: They only provide benefits in and during the 40K January Gaming League 2011 in participating GWs and stockists.

The benefits are such things as +1S to one character, once per game for a single combat phase and they're not DE specific - you get them for a certain ammount spent at a GW. There are 9 cards in total.

TheLaughingGod
07-11-2010, 01:04
Wow, really? If I see one of those played, I will probably just go "Your dreaming, right?"

I'm kind of disappointed that Games Workshop does this, even while all their stuff costs an arm and a leg over here.

I would just tell them they triggered my trap card and brush their card off the table with a grin.

Archangel_Ruined
07-11-2010, 01:14
Ah, the hardcore DE collectors... They've stuck with an ugly (if effective) army since the release of 3rd, I think paying over the odds for a useless piece of card is right up their street. If you've got one give it a few months and stick it on ebay, it might earn you enough to buy something you#'ll actually use from the second wave release.

squeekenator
07-11-2010, 02:03
I suppose I'll have to bring two of these (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=73951) and one of these (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=185820). Either that or quote Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged at them until they decide that this silly +1 bonus isn't worth the constant repitition of "Screw the super-special-awesome BROOKLYN RAGE, my hair is IN AMERICA!".

eldargal
07-11-2010, 05:40
So its a way to get Australian players into the stores to pay their 100% higher prices instead of ordering it from one of the discount retailers in Great Britain, fair enough.:p
Still, a little dissapointed I can't get it.

the_gobbo_king
07-11-2010, 06:11
So its a way to get Australian players into the stores to pay their 100% higher prices instead of ordering it from one of the discount retailers in Great Britain, fair enough.
Still, a little dissapointed I can't get it.

Exactly, see?

Somebody understands us Australians!

Scott.

AmKhaibitu
07-11-2010, 10:42
This guy has 4 tarot cards for anyone who is interested: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281948

I totally do have 4 of them, and I'll have the next 4 next month, and then the 9th in January.
Thinking I might need card protectors or something.

I was told I'd need the first 8 to get the 9th, and I'm half way there :D