PDA

View Full Version : razor standard

warriornick
06-11-2010, 19:01
Hello and sorry if this has been answered before,anybody knows how does razor standard works with ranged weapons?For example my HE archers,on their shooting attacks do i get the ap rule if i give them this standard?

shakedown47
06-11-2010, 19:30
I don't have the BRB in front of me, but unless the entry specifies "close combat attacks" then yes.

Kalandros
06-11-2010, 19:41
Yes it works on all attacks because it grants "Armor piercing" rule to the model and not the weapon. So all its weapons are Armor Piercing.

Just remember the magic standard does not grant magic attacks too.

warriornick
06-11-2010, 19:59
KK thanks a lot guys

Lex
06-11-2010, 21:00
Yes it works on all attacks because it grants "Armor piercing" rule to the model and not the weapon. So all its weapons are Armor Piercing.

Incorrect. The armor piercing rule specifically states that it is the close combat attacks that have the -1 save when the model has the rule. Razor standard will not affect missile weapons. The weapon itself has to have the rule for it to apply to missile weapons, i.e. repeater crossbows.

Kevlar
07-11-2010, 01:21
Yeah, kind of dumb but that is how they wrote the armor piercing rule. I guess the razor standard can be thought of to make the models grow spikes and claws, which don't really affect their missile weapons. Those archers will sure tear stuff up in hand to hand though!

Kalandros
07-11-2010, 03:14
Hrm, I hate remembering those things backward ]:

static grass
07-11-2010, 14:27

Why doesn't it grant magic attacks? The power of the magic banner makes the attacks more sharp through magical power so how is this not a magical attack compare to say a sword that is imbued with magical power to make it extra sharp?

Kalandros
07-11-2010, 19:46
The banner grants a Special rule called Armor Piercing.
It does NOTHING more. Don't add logic to the rule. The banner is a magic item that grants a special rule, it does not grant magic weapons.

Vampire Counts Army Book, Banner of Hellfire: All attacks made by models in the unit (not mounts) are magical flaming attacks.
Main Rulebook, Banner of Eternal Flame: Models in a unit with the ... have Flaming Attacks

Rulebook FAQ, page 5/8:
Q: What are ‘magical attacks’? (p68)
A: All attacks made by spells and magic items are considered
to be magical attacks, as are all attacks that are specifically
noted as being magical attacks. Shots fired from magical items
are also considered to be magical attacks, unless their
description specifically states otherwise. Hits inflicted by rolls
on the Miscast table are treated as magical attacks.

The attacks are not made by a magic weapon and as already pointed out by my 2 examples, one banner grants Magical Attacks, the other one does not.