PDA

View Full Version : Khorne WoC - 2250

mr.silly
07-11-2010, 20:39
Lord
Chaos Lord - MoK, Great Weapon, Juggernaut, Armor of Morrslieb, Dawnstone, Helm of Many Eyes = 372

Heroes
Exalted Hero BSB - MoK, Halberd, Crown of Command, Enchanted Shield = 169

Chaos Sorcerer - Level 2, Spell Familiar, Ironcurse Icon = 140 (Lore of Death)

Core
22 Warriors - MoK, Halberds, Shields, FC, Rapturous Standard = 437

40 Marauders - MoK, Great Weapons, FC = 250

5 Warhounds = 30

5 Warhounds = 30

Special
6 Trolls = 270

6 Knights - MoK, Standard, Musician = 300

Rare
Hellcannon = 205

Total = 2203

So 47 points to spare, any idea where they should go? The battle line will be centered on core of warriors w/ heroes, marauders and trolls on either side to benefit from BSB. Knights and Lord on either Flank. Sorcerer is there to snipe enemy wizards. Thoughts?

immortal git
07-11-2010, 20:52
magic banner on the nights for the points, 10 more maruaders?

Narcissus
07-11-2010, 23:21
I think the math is off a bit on your Khorne BSB. Should be a bit higher.

mr.silly
07-11-2010, 23:26
Lord
Chaos Lord - MoK, Great Weapon, Juggernaut, Armor of Morrslieb, Dawnstone, Helm of Many Eyes = 372

Heroes
Exalted Hero BSB - MoK, Halberd, Crown of Command, Shield = 194

Core

5 Warhounds = 30

5 Warhounds = 30

Special
6 Trolls = 270

6 Knights - MoK, Standard, Musician, Banner of Swiftness = 315

Rare
Hellcannon = 205

Total = 2243

Good catch Narcissus, thank you. Fixed it now, and added banner on the knights. Any other comments?

Narcissus
08-11-2010, 05:31
I think it looks pretty good. I wonder if the lord is worth ~400 points. Especially as he is frenzied so it is a bit harder to pick his spots. He is a beast in combat, but is he more of a beast that 15 warriors with a lightly kitted out hero?

I will be interested to hear how your block of trolls works out. I am planning to beef my unit up to 6 and I'm interested to hear how it has faired for other people. They put out a lot of attacks now and are hard to kill. They can be a bit unreliable for movement!

The concern I see in the list overall is with mobility. 8th seems to favor big blocks. I played a game the other day and found I was getting outmanoeuvred with a similar list. Just food for thought. I am not quite sure how to solve it in the WoC list.

logan054
08-11-2010, 06:52
Well its a goof start however I see a few problems with the list

I have never found a Chaos lord is worth the points, I can see why you have one, your playing Khorne and wants some magic defense ( I will go into this in a sec). Personally I would just take a exalted, be aware that jugger heroes don't get LoS rules, the only solution I can think of is giving him a charmed shield and Wardsave, it dosn't matter if he can't use the shield in combat, he has a 1+ save anyways and hopefully he has now actually made it to cannon because you have made your 2+ roll to ignore the first hit. I think you have to bear in mind KB, a lot of sources of KB are magical so you 400pts lord is very easy to kill, be it a bloodletter, a wight or a character with a magical weapon that provides KB. The points saved could also get you another unit, maybe even some Chosen :)

Exalted Hero BSB - MoK, Halberd, Crown of Command, Shield = 194

As great as stubborn is with only T4 and W2 it isn't very hard to remove your BSB, how do you feel about count as? you could make this a Tzeentch BSB in a unit with the banner of Rage, give him a book of secrets and say he is a Khorne Warrior Priest (they do have them). Give him a dragon helm and shield and he has a 2+ save, 5+ wardsave in combat, you could give him a spell familar if you want a extra spell ( remember he counts as a lvl1 sorcerer).

Personally I think these guys need some protection from shooting, I know blastered standard is better on Tzeentch but a 5+ save is better than nothing, I also think the units a bit large for my tastes, 18 with BSB should be more than enough.

mr.silly
05-12-2010, 03:34
Hey, realized i never got back to this list... Thanks for the advice, heres some changes;

Lord
Chaos Lord - MoK, Great Weapon, Juggernaut, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Helm of Many Eyes = 362

Heroes
Exalted Hero BSB - MoK, Halberd, Bronze Armor of Zhrakk, Talisman of 5+ Ward, Shield = 204

Core
18 Warriors - MoK, Halberds, Shields, FC, Blasted Standard = 406

5 Warhounds = 30

5 Warhounds = 30

Special
6 Trolls = 270

Rare
Hellcannon = 205

Total = 2212

Basically I shifted around some points to increase survivability of the characters and warriors, still have 38 points, any ideas?

thesheriff
05-12-2010, 20:23
Lord
He's alright. I would rather go with the following;
Chaos lord w. MOK, Shield, Halberd, Armour of destiny, Collar of Khorne, Helm of Many eyes

Heroes
Exalted Hero BSB - MoK, Halberd, Crown of Command, Enchanted Shield = 169
Good

HE'S NOT KHORNE

Core
Good

Would rather have flails. That I4 and the impact of the charge with 41 S5 I4 attacks will serve better than I1 attacks that can get cut up to early.

5 Warhounds = 30
5 Warhounds = 30
Good

Special
6 Trolls = 270
Good

6 Knights - MoK, Standard, Musician = 300
I would rather have anouther hellcannon and some more hounds

Rare
Hellcannon = 205
Awsome :p

Total = 2203

Thesheriff

Eta
05-12-2010, 21:54
He's alright. I would rather go with the following;
Chaos lord w. MOK, Shield, Halberd, Armour of destiny, Collar of Khorne, Helm of Many eyes

That build does not make sense, you are paying 25 points for one point of magic resistance which is not really needed anyways.

mr.silly
05-12-2010, 23:20
Lord
Chaos Lord - MoK, Great Weapon, Juggernaut, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Helm of Many Eyes = 362

Heroes
Exalted Hero BSB - MoK, Halberd, Bronze Armor of Zhrakk, Talisman of 5+ Ward, Shield = 204

Core

5 Warhounds = 30

5 Warhounds = 30

5 Warhounds = 30

Special
6 Trolls = 270

Rare
Hellcannon = 205

Total = 2242

So I added some hounds. I know, I know, the sorceror isn't khorne... but I play in a very magic heavy environment and I need something to try and snipe wizards and help dispel attempts before I'm torn apart by uber spells.

What does everyone think about the BSB? First I was told he was too squishy so I gave him a ward save and protection from KB, but thesheriff thinks he's ok with just the crown. Thoughts?

thesheriff
06-12-2010, 20:03
That build does not make sense, you are paying 25 points for one point of magic resistance which is not really needed anyways.

MR2, which is cheaper than the WFRB one for 5pts more. And, when picked out by death magic or anouther charecter sniping spell he ignores 1/6 of the damage on average.

md414
06-12-2010, 21:32
I think that its a prety good list except from the sorcerer. A true khorne army shouldnt have any magic. But it looks like it would work well. Although i think all attention would go to the hellcannon especially now that anything could kill on it on 6's. But all in all i like it.

Eta
06-12-2010, 22:23
MR2, which is cheaper than the WFRB one for 5pts more. And, when picked out by death magic or anouther charecter sniping spell he ignores 1/6 of the damage on average.

The juggernaut already has MR1, so you only gain one additional point. I don't understand the part with the 1/6 damage. He has a 3+ ward save against magic without the collar, 2+ with the collar.

@list: This exalted build is better. Being stubborn doesn't help you when you are dead ;)

mr.silly
07-12-2010, 00:07
Cool, thanks a ton for the help guys, I appreciate it. Ill play around with this, and might even drop the sorcerer, a knight, and some hounds for a second hellcannon for "true" khorne.

grumbaki
07-12-2010, 00:30
Well, drop the sorceror and take some bound items if you want to use those power dice.

Banner of Wrath: 24'', d6 str 4 hits. Rod of Torment: 24'', 2d6 str 3 hits. Rubyring of destruction: d6 str 4 hits.

With the three of these you can do something in the magic phase without taking a wizard, and thus keep your theme. It isn't like Khorne despises magic weapons.

logan054
07-12-2010, 08:03
You may as well take a ogre blade rather than helm of many eyes and a great weapon, its only 3 pts more and no stupidity tests with magical attacks, I wouldn't take bronze armour on a chaos lord either, whats the point in him if you can't use his higher leadership.

If you really want a chaos lord you may as well have

Chaos lord
MoK
jugger
charmed shield
4+ ward
ogre blade

Personally I have found that

Exalted hero
MoK
Jugger
Great weapon
4+ ward
charmed shield is just as good and a lot cheaper

mr.silly
07-12-2010, 21:54
Lord
Chaos Lord - MoK, Juggernaut, Ogre Blade, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, = 365

Heroes

Core

5 Warhounds = 30

5 Warhounds = 30

5 Warhounds = 30

Special
6 Trolls = 270

Rare
Hellcannon = 205

Total = 2245

Wow, I didn't even realize the ogre blade, thanks logan054. I'm worried that if I drop the lord down to an exalted he loses a lot of survivability, and would die too quickly especially when using a great weapon, is this true? And also, the bronze armor is on the bsb, not the lord, so nobody is using his leadership anyways.

logan054
08-12-2010, 07:59
This certainly is not true, you hero is still S7, has a 1+ save and a 4+ wardsave and still had a charmed shield to bounce cannnon balls off, the thing is a Chaos lord is a far bigger target than a exalted simply because of the price tag. People might target your chaos lord with cannons, the main thing a chaos lord is still wounded on a 2+ and loses all his wounds on a 3+ with only a 50% change of saving it.

I have used Exalted heroes over chaos lords since 6th ed and they have always been more than enough to do the job, you should have no problem fitting 3 heroes into you 25% heroes cap at 2250pts, 2k is however a problem.

The other thing is Ironcurse icon, I wouldn't bother unless it was in a unit with MoT, not a massive fan of lore of death, I have found lore of Fire is so much more helpful, fireball is a really handy spell to have.

As for Bronze armour its ok but here is the main thing, you are protecting a 2 wound models with a 15pts, I personally think you would be better just giving him a Sword of might and shield 3+ save, 5+ wardsave, strength 6