PDA

View Full Version : Call to Glory Question

sparx
07-11-2010, 21:16
Ok, so I had a very odd situation come up in one of my recent games. A Call to Glory was cast on a regular model from a chaos warrior unit, turning him into an exalted champion. We had a large number of people on our side with many different armies, and so through some fun casting where we decided to make the best character we could, he ended up with a number of spells like the empire priests reroll hits and wounds, and the 4+ ward save. He also had many things cast on his unit, so, cast on him. These included flaming sword, and two eye of the gods table rolls from a couple of warshrines. Now, during the game he left the unit, and this is where the first question came up. First, when he leaves the unit, does he lose the effects of the unit spells and warshrine abilities or do we have to choose whether he or the unit keeps them like last edition, or does everybody keep all the effects. Second, Call to Glory was then dispelled. Does this mean that all of the spells which targeted him as a character are now invalid, and therefore end? Third, we now have a model in combat who is part of a unit that is about 10 inches away. Do we treat it as part of the unit because he has reverted back to rank and file? Does he immediately get "sucked" back into the unit?
Thanks in advance, and in case you were wondering, yes, it was hilarious to see a rank and file model get enough spells and effects piled on him to take out a fully kitted bret combat lord in a challenge.

havoc626
07-11-2010, 21:21
I can't remember about character leaving units with buff and such, but if Call to Glory is dispelled, I'm fairly sure the model counts as destroyed, granting VP and anything else as though he was a 'normal' character.

BattleofLund
07-11-2010, 21:37
A Dispelled Call to Glory model ceases to be altogether; however, he gives up no Victory Points when he is removed in this way.

Edit: source the WoC FAQ v1.2, p4.

havoc626
07-11-2010, 21:50
A Dispelled Call to Glory model ceases to be altogether; however, he gives up no Victory Points when he is removed in this way.

Edit: source the WoC FAQ v1.2, p4.

Ah, okay, my bad. Was half right.

sparx
09-11-2010, 01:30
ok, so i don't even get the rank and fil model back? aw man!!!