PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Point Witch Hunter Empire

Torpedo Vegas
08-11-2010, 04:33
This is purely a theoryhammer army, but I may end up actually building this once the tournament season around where I live ends. My main issue is fitting in magic, which I have chosen to limit to Light, Life, Beats or Heavens, Heavens, Light and Life could be considered "holy magic" and, as Sigmar worshiped Ulric, then a Amber Wizard (I'll call him a Priest of Ulric) makes sense.
Here we go:
Lords:
Arch Lector, War Altar, Dawn Armor, Hammer of Judgment, Von Horstrum's Speculum: 315

Wizard Lord, lvl 4, Holy Relic, Seal of Destruction: 300
================================================== ====
Heroes:
Captain, BSB, AoMI, Dragon Bow: 125

Warrior Priest, Heavy Armor, additional hand weapon, 98

Warrior Priest, Heavy Armor, additional hand weapon, 98

Luthor Huss (more fluff, goes with knights) 18o
================================================== =====
Core:
30 Flaggelants, Prophet of Doom, 310

40x Free Company, Musician, Champion:212

40x Free Company, Musician, Champion:212

15x Huntsmen: 150

2x units of 10 Archers:160
================================================== ====
Special:
11x Inner Circle Knights, Full Command, Steel Standard, Great Weapons (Knights of the Hammer of Sigmar, look them up, like Knights of the White Wolf, but Sigmarite.): 303

total: 2463

Hrm, came out decent, no artillery will be a big hit, but I think this would hold up okay. Maybe drop Luthor Huss, and with the points saved build another Free Company, or make the current ones even bigger. Thoughts?

thesheriff
08-11-2010, 19:57
It needs 90 flagellents. Full stop.

thesheriff

Torpedo Vegas
08-11-2010, 20:27
If I could field them in one HUEG horde I would.

Mike3791
08-11-2010, 20:36
It wouldn't break the theme of the army to have a few cannons/mortors as they are common throughout the empire, and any good witch hunter would confiscate a few if he/she found them. Even the most isolated towns/forts would have a few cannons and mortors to counter any raids that may be launched from the surrounding forests, and if they didn't then they are probably under State protection anyways. As long as you don't include some of the more crazier warmachines that the engineering college uses(helvolley, rockets, stanks) then you should be fine from a game AND theme-wise perspective ;)

Torpedo Vegas
09-11-2010, 03:50
Just though of a great modeling opportunity. Get one of the Griffin models, mount on a cube of foam, and model a cannon coming out of its mouth, with some crazy crewmen (maybe a flaggelant with a whip, and two loaders on ladders, one has his head on fire, the other is chained to the cannon.)
.....I feel like that would fit into an Inquisition army for 40k.

sssk
09-11-2010, 06:53
I love the witch hunter theme. It's always a good place to go, and gives ample oppertunity for a captain with a pistol and sword (the classic witch hunter weapons). Also the warrior priest models are brilliant, so I'd throw in quite a few of those. When it comes to the troops I always get lost and confused. It seems to me that a witch hunter force would be a fairly small band of zealots, but I suppose with some inspiring speeches etc, I could see the hunter raising an army from the scared citizens of an empire town.

With that, it seems that you've made the choices I would expect to see. Just make sure that you don't get horribly bored after painting 40 free company and give up. It'll be a great force once you've got it finished.

As a suggestion on that front, I'd say aim to build it in 500 point sections so that you can play smaller games as you build up the force. With my wood elves I had a 500 point army for about 2 years before finally getting round to finish them, but at least it meant I could play with them etc.

Anyway, good luck, and as a witch hunter general model, might I suggest converting the 40k witch hunter with sword and flamer, as he's just ace.

_dandaman_
10-11-2010, 02:15
Very much love the army theme! Very very nice idea. The biggest problem with this army is in blood and glory your fortitude is only 4, so if I was to play you all I would do is kill your knights and the game is over (which doesnt seem very difficult with the excess of great weapons that seem to be floating around)

Torpedo Vegas
10-11-2010, 02:39
This isn't a tournament army, so I would probably just ask in advance if we could not play that scenario, or if I could mess around with list, drop 5 huntsmen and add standards to the free company.

sssk
10-11-2010, 11:05
Could you not just do that anyway (dropping huntsmen and adding banners) and make the banners some form of strung up heretic (possibly on fire) to add a nice centre piece to your free companies?

Just an idea

Torpedo Vegas
10-11-2010, 12:44
I was thinking of making statues of Valten and Karl Franz, but that is a better idea, also, you've just been sigged.

Necromancer2
10-11-2010, 13:28
Thats a very cool idea!!!

sssk
10-11-2010, 15:00
Hehe, the "possibly on fire" wasn't just whimsically thrown in there. I was actually meaning something along the lines of burning a witch (the "standard" could be a witch tied to a post with fire licking up round her ankles).

I think they would be a really good idea, but I'm glad I don't have to model them, that's gotta take some skill.

I'm pretty sure you could get a candidate for hanging from some flagellants, and maybe set one of the "citizens of the empire" on fire (I think I remember a little girl model who definitely looks like a witch, and having just watched Solomon Kane, that seems like a good start)

Torpedo Vegas
10-11-2010, 16:56
I'm thinking of using the Flaggelant strapped to a yoke a s a starter model. Use the yoke and torso, get some robes to disguise the fact that the torso is male, get a femal head, maybe from a high elf kit, or a damsel, and attach that to the the cross beam standard that vampire Skellies get. The fire I'm not sure how to make.

EDIT:
I found an old Mordhiem kit that has a man affixed to a cross. Maybe replace his head with that of a demon or someone with horns.. I'll probably order the entire set, as it has some great models, most with torches:D

_dandaman_
11-11-2010, 01:44
EDIT:
I found an old Mordhiem kit that has a man affixed to a cross. Maybe replace his head with that of a demon or someone with horns.. I'll probably order the entire set, as it has some great models, most with torches:D

In the WoC warriors set, theres a demon skull that would probably fit what you're looking for. Also, take a look at the corpse cart, the vamp has a really cool stick thingy with a guy stuck on it, should fit your needs nicely :)

Dan

Torpedo Vegas
11-11-2010, 04:29
Thanks, bro. I'm also probably going to buy the normal On-Foot Valten model, paint him like he is wooden, and have him being carried like an effigy to act as a Standard. Like a Grail relique, but different.