PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Lizardmen Redux

Gloomwhisker
08-11-2010, 04:45
Okay, so I've completely edited this original post here, so I could show you the latest and, in my opinion, best list I've been able to come up with yet. It's for the most part completed, with only a few points left to spend here and there. I'm thinking the Skink Priest and the Temple Guard standard OR Revered Guardian could use some magic items, and I do have the points for it, as you'll see. Regardless, here's the new and improved list. Let me know what you think.

Slann Mage-Priest-
Lore of Light
Battle Standard Bearer
Totem of Prophecy
Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
Divine Plaque of Protection
Focus of Mystery
The Focused Rumination

Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Gold Sigil Sword
The Maiming Shield

Skink Priest-
Lore of Heavens
Ruby Ring of Ruin

29 Saurus Warriors-
Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer

12 Skink Skirmishers-
Blowpipes

12 Skink Skirmishers-
Blowpipes

Stegadon

20 Temple Guard-
Revered Guardian
Musician
Standard Bearer

2 Salamander Hunting Packs-
2 Additional Skink Handlers

Current Total 1967pts.

So, as you can see I've got a few points left for some trinkets for the Temple Guard(possibly to make the Revered Guardian a mini-character in his own right?), and/or the Skink Priest. 33 points left to play with isn't too bad. I could give the Revered Guardian something nasty(although I'm not entirely sure what at this point), and maybe even a cheap magic banner for them...I'm not sure. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think of the list.

Gloomwhisker

EDIT: See the revised list two posts down...it's the one I think I'm going with at the moment. Thanks.

Gloomwhisker
08-11-2010, 19:35
I've edited the army list in the original post to make it more complete, and better represent where I'm going with it. It's...well, it's coming. Let me know what you think, and how I can finally polish it off.

Gloomwhisker

Gloomwhisker
08-11-2010, 20:07
Okay, a bit of a redux on the redux going on here, but...I decided that at this points level, it might be a decent idea to spend a few less points on the Slann, and fit in a little more killing power. So, here's what I've come up with, and I quite like it. Let me know what you think.

Slann Mage-Priest-
Lore of Light
Battle Standard Bearer
Divine Plaque of Protection
Focus of Mystery
The Focused Rumination

Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Gold Sigil Sword
Enchanted Shield

Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Great Weapon
Light Armour
Dragonhelm
Carnosaur Pendant

Skink Priest-
Lore of Heavens
Ruby Ring of Ruin

29 Saurus Warriors-
Saurus Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Skink Brave

10 Skink Skirmishers-
Skink Brave

Stegadon

19 Temple Guard-
Revered Guardian
Musician
Standard Bearer

TOTAL 1996pts.

That's the finished list, essentially. I really like the fact that both units of Saurus(both Temple Guard and regular Saurus) have the added killing power of a Scar-Veteran each, and they should prove an adequate backbone to the army...I think.

The Slann is essentially unchanged from the original build above, except that I've dropped the Totem of Prophecy, saving myself a good few points, which I think was a smart move. Fear isn't typically going to be worth that kind of points nowadays, so I'm alright with that change.

I've got supporting units in the form of a Stegadon, some Skink Skirmishers with their lovely little Poisoned blowpipes, and a couple Salamander packs. Also, the Skink Priest is around to cast the Heavens signature spell to try and protect my more important units as they close with the hated foe, and maybe even do some blasting with the Ruby Ring. Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything at all?

Edit: I've been thinking. Is the Divine Plaque of Protection necessary on the Slann in his Temple Guard unit? I ask, because I'd really like to make some room to add the Razor Standard to the Temple Guard to increase their overall killing potential.

Double Edit: Well, back to the drawing board, somewhat. I've got to try and fit in a unit of 10 Chameleon Skinks. They're just too good not to include. Another re-write coming soon.

Gloomwhisker

Gloomwhisker
08-11-2010, 23:18
Okay, redux version three...here we go.

Slann Mage-Priest-
Lore of Light
Battle Standard Bearer
Focus of Mystery
The Focused Rumination

Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Shield
Sword of the Hornet
Dragonhelm

Skink Priest-
Lore of the Heavens
Ruby Ring of Ruin

29 Saurus Warriors-
Saurus Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer

12 Skink Skirmishers

12 Skink Skirmishers

Stegadon

10 Chameleon Skinks

20 Temple Guard-
Revered Guardian
Musician
Standard Bearer

TOTAL 2000 points

So, there we go. It's a finished list, and I think we're starting to get somewhere now. Let me know what you think.

Gloomwhisker