PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elves [2000]

Twinmold
08-11-2010, 08:06
This is the modified version of the all warrior list I posted earlier.

Lords:

1 Supreme Sorceress (Level 4, Lore of Dark Magic, Sacrificial Dagger) (285)

Heroes:

1 Master (Great Weapon, Battle Standard Bearer) (109)

Core:

24 Dark Elf Warriors (Full Command, Shields) (183)

24 Dark Elf Warriors (Full Command, Shields) (183)

18 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen (Full Command, Shields) (218)

18 Dark Elf Repeater Crossbowmen (Full Command, Shields) (218)

Special:

18 Har Ganeth Executioners (Full Command) (246)

18 Har Ganeth Executioners (Full Command) (246)

18 Black Guard of Naggarond (Full Command, Banner of Murder) (307)

1994/2000

I would love some constructive criticism.

Vaari
08-11-2010, 09:40
A few irregularities...

BsB gets Banner OR Magic Items.
Black Guard are capped at 5-20.
You have to state what lore your mage is using.

Suggestions.

You have no WM or Mage hunters. "Take Harpies" is to DE what "thin your paints" is to painting. They should be fielded in packs of 6 as to have maximum attackers vs WM.

Death Hag with Cauldron is a very solid BsB for us Druchii, it takes a Dragon to kill it and can make our lowly warriors have killing blow or monsters like the Executioners or BlackGuard can get that always welcome ward save or extra attack.

Considered taking a Unit of 20 Corsairs with the Sea Serpent Banner at all? With Full Command feild at 6x3 is 25 attacks, use the CoB to give them Killing Blow, nasty. Or if your sorceress is using the Shadow lore and has Occams Razor.. 25 S9 attacks. Ho Ho Ho.

So I kept away from Coldones and the Hydra, as they seem out of sorts with your design..but they are our 2 meanest units. Just saying ;)

Anyways, play it, tell us how it went and good luck.

Twinmold
08-11-2010, 10:06
Thanks for the reply. Fixed some of the things you pointed out. I have not gotten a hold of a rulebook yet and only know the rules I have heard so far, hence why I haven't chosen any lore yet for the sorceress in the second list (want to see all of the different spells before I make up my mind). I'll consider taking harpies atleast in the first list to snipe the enemies casters. I wanted to try it without a cauldron first and maybe add it later. I have considered taking corsairs but I just didn't think they fit in. The melee cores are supposed to act as sand traps so that the executioners and black guard can do their job.

Lord_Elric
08-11-2010, 10:33
Firstly your first list only totals 1899pts thts a full hundred pts to be spent just take 5 shades or something..

also the BSB master cant be army general so that list has no general.....

Twinmold
08-11-2010, 10:38
After I removed the irregularities there are some points over. Now I am considering what I should fill the lists out with.

Twinmold
08-11-2010, 13:55
Updated, reduced the size of the infantry squads to add a supreme sorceress.

Lord_Elric
08-11-2010, 14:04
WOE WOE WOE.....

I dont mean to be rude but it IS NOT a good idea to give your sorceress the ring of hotek

If your sorceress is going in a unit give her the Sacrificial dagger If she isnt give her focus familliar to boost range and cast LOS spells without having to expose her

Twinmold
08-11-2010, 14:07
Fixed. I'm guessing that the ring of hotek also counts on the unit it is on?

frapermax
08-11-2010, 15:45
An original list. I'm curious how it will work, so make sure to report back...
You will notice quickly that our troops are very vulnerable to shooting, both templates and small arms, so you will need to close in quickly with all that infantry. I would screen the special units with the spears and play a refused flank with one unit of crossbows to stall the enemy. Once the spears are stuck in, try and flank with the executioners so they get to weather less attacks.
Do not charge hordes in the front!
What you could do is split the BG into 2 smaller units and use these to thin out big blocks. Just an idea though.
Good luck
FPM

Kirbinator
08-11-2010, 16:28
WOE WOE WOE.....
Lament, lament, lament? Well, to be fair if you put the Ring of Hotek on a Sorceress you would quickly rue that decision. Further, now that the Hotek only affects wizards within 12" of it, you'd find that your Sorceress is the only only miscasting from it until you got right in the opponent's army.

Your list seems to rely on these blocks of infantry and hoping they do well in their attempt to walk across the board. Every army is geared for taking out infantry and having an army consisting of a few blocks of T3 5+ elves is not a good way to meet your opponents.

You have no war machine hunters, no faster units, nothing big and scary for people to pay attention to while your blocks get into position, nothing particularly maneuverable outside of block formations, and your characters are very vulnerable to just about everything. Is there a particular reason for this?

If you want to use a Sorceress on foot, I'd recommend keeping the Sacrificial Dagger, but picking up a small 13-block of naked Spearmen to keep her company. 13 means you can stab 3 and then another 2 without taking any panic tests. With a BSB nearby, though, you shouldn't worry too terribly much about panic checks on Ld.9. I prefer my Lv.4's on a Pegasus, but it's up to you. Either way, she would benefit from a ward save to help keep from exploding. The standard Pendant of Khaeleth is enough against 90% of what will come at her, but you can also go with the flat 4+ ward for only ten points more.

The BSB Master would be much better served with a bit of an equipment swap. If you are not taking a magic banner, there's no reason not to give him a secondary save, either ward or regen. A fun combination is Armor of Eternal Servitude and Dragonbane Gem for a 4+ regen and a 2+ ward against fire and metal magic. I'd also swap to the Beastman's Scourge and a shield instead of a Great Weapon. It gives him a 3+ armor save in combat and 4 S4 attacks with Armor Piercing at I7, much more useful.