40 Spearmen FCD

14 Pheonix FCD, Banner of Sorcery
10 Swordmasters
Lion Chariot

2 Bolt Throwers

Any suggestions

Wyrmnax
08-11-2010, 14:37
Your noble will die on the 1st round of combat.

Bolt throwers are way overpriced. Bringing 2 to a 1500 game will really hurt you.

You need more swordsmasters. 10 will die to anything that sneeze at them. If the enemy has any shooting at all, dont expect more than 5 to reach him.

So... sugestions? Drop the bolt throwers, bring the swordmasters unit number up a bit and get some other hitty unit.

Also, turning you noble into a BSB would be really good.

stonegiant
08-11-2010, 16:36
Your noble will die on the 1st round of combat.

Why? He is fast and quite hard hitting, Skaven characters not all that good.

Bolt throwers are way overpriced. Bringing 2 to a 1500 game will really hurt you.

Need to snipe his weapons teams. maybe cut back to one.

You need more swordsmasters. 10 will die to anything that sneeze at them. If the enemy has any shooting at all, dont expect more than 5 to reach him.

Would like more, maybe 5 extra instead of bolt?

So... sugestions? Drop the bolt throwers, bring the swordmasters unit number up a bit and get some other hitty unit.

Also, turning you noble into a BSB would be really good.

Thanks.......

Lord_Elric
08-11-2010, 17:31
Also i dont belive your arch mage can have a shield as he doesnt have access to normal armour so therefore cant have magic armour

EDIT sorry i was reading the list wrong i apologise ..........

Wyrmnax
08-11-2010, 17:54
>>Why? He is fast and quite hard hitting, Skaven characters not all that good.

Becuase the skaven will deny the challenge, and the elf will die to S3 spear attacks

If you need to snipe weapon team, go for eagles. eagles can hunt and engage most small teams with sucess, and are much less fragile than than bolt throwers.

The only reason to field a bolt thrower is because it causes multiple wounds. And even for that it is too expensive.

OldMan
08-11-2010, 18:16
In my humble opinion you should split spearmen into two units of 20. Skaven will outnumber you, making it hard for you to cover your flanks. Big unit will also draw a lot of templates. In one word - 2 units is better than one.
Besides, 40 is an odd number. Are you intending to use it as horde? If yes, you are not using its full potential ( 1 rank normaly, 1 support, 1 spear, 1 for being HE) - you need 50 spearelfs for that. So if you want 40 take 2x20.

I also disagree about bolt thrower - i always thought about them as being essential. (Sure - WLF is more cost-effective, but there are many less effective warmachines out there)