PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing unit in the path of a charge

T10
08-11-2010, 10:51
Here's the situation.

Unit A declares a charge against unit X. Unit X holds.
Unit B declares a charge against unit Y. Unit Y flees.

When it comes to moving chargers, we assume that unit B fails to reach unit Y.

Unit A now finds it's path obstructed by a unit. What is the proper result?

Unit A suffers a failed charge.
Unit A charges unit Y instead and destroys it in the manner of a charging unit catching a fleeing enemy.
Unit A moves through unit Y (destroying it) and into base contact with unit X.
Anything else?

Personally, I'd go for the failed charge. The reasoning here is that you only select your charge target during the charge declaration phase, and once committed you can't change the target (except for redirecting a charge).

Even though the interposing unit is fleeing, the the chargers can't simply move into base contact with it. It is, after all, not the target of their charge move.

-T10

tarrasque
08-11-2010, 11:20
if the charge movement isn't sufficient to move around y i would say it is a failed charge.
i base this on page 20 the small text in the left upper corner

Little Joe
08-11-2010, 11:24
I think unit A should get a failed charge.
Since there are no rules for this situation but something unexpected happens A should halt the charge. Somehow I read this wording somewhere but cannot remember wether they get to choose what to do next.

Also B should redirect it's charge into X.

Edit: It was the wording on the top of page 20.

Lord_Elric
08-11-2010, 12:24
I agree with theabov and if you read the last paragraph on page 22 of the BRB (just above the pic of a dead dude full of arrows) it should cement it for you

babyberg31
08-11-2010, 12:53
Well, it's easy to find a way. I mean, since now charges are done one by one, the player who is the turn decide who charge first. So let's say he declare A charging X, well then, you resolve all the move and interaction between those two units before you proceed to your next one.

After all the move of A and X are finished, you then declare B over Y. Then, if Y flee through A, all unit passing through the combat will make a dangerous terrain test (or whatever it's called in English (on 1D6,1 = dead))

Their is no more charge calling for everyone and then moving like in the 7ed edition. Now it's: I declare charge, you declare reaction, I move (or you flee I move) and next then, repeat for others units.

Hope it helped you!

Lord_Elric
08-11-2010, 12:58
Well, it's easy to find a way. I mean, since now charges are done one by one, the player who is the turn decide who charge first. So let's say he declare A charging X, well then, you resolve all the move and interaction between those two units before you proceed to your next one.

After all the move of A and X are finished, you then declare B over Y. Then, if Y flee through A, all unit passing through the combat will make a dangerous terrain test (or whatever it's called in English (on 1D6,1 = dead))

Their is no more charge calling for everyone and then moving like in the 7ed edition. Now it's: I declare charge, you declare reaction, I move (or you flee I move) and next then, repeat for others units.

Hope it helped you!

Actualy that incorrect

its now Declare chareA, resolve reactionX, declare chargeB, resolve reactionY, declare chargeC, resolve reactionZ now roll all charge distances and move all chargers.......AtoX, BtoY, and CtoZ

tarrasque
08-11-2010, 12:59
fleeing is resolved before moving the charges
page 18
roll charges range and move chargers
whit al the charge reactions declared AND, RESOLVED, ....