PDA

View Full Version : Teclis

Mattyhavok
08-11-2010, 20:59
So what exactly is included in a Teclis HE list?

Kirbinator
08-11-2010, 21:07
Teclis. Things to protect Teclis. Things that help amplify Teclis. Another Teclis just in case the 7 other High Elf players forgot one of theirs because apparently there is no such thing as a 2k+ High Elf army without Teclis any more.

Lord_Elric
08-11-2010, 21:34
teclis, pheonix guard, caradryan, banner of sorcery

and out of sportsman ship id front my opponent the other thousand pionts

papabearshane
08-11-2010, 21:38
One Pointy eared Efeminate Elf with Scrawny arms........................And 200 Orcs to Make sure hes Dead

EnternalVoid
08-11-2010, 21:52
and it is so sad that I have never Once used Teclis when I have played High Elves. Then again I am not a fan of special characters in general.

Generally if you are playing against Teclis you can expect to see certain things. The first is the Banner of Sorcery on one of his elite units. You can usually make this unit out because it will be either a bunker not intending to fight, or a large unit (20-25ish) of Phoenix guard which can fight and keep the banner safe. With the Banner Teclis gets 2d6+2d3 power dice to fuel his magic. There will be plenty of turns of high number of power dice due to this.

In addition he will normally have a BSB noble in the list too. Likely Armor of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, and a GW. He might have one of the other special heroes, the phoenix guard or white lion one to act as the bodyguard to Teclis. Troop wise you will see the Minium 25% of core generally and at least two elite units, one with the banner of sorcery. Many of the lists also have at least 2 great eagles to try and disrupt the advance to insure as many turns of magic as possible.

puckus10
08-11-2010, 22:07
I never use him.

envy
08-11-2010, 22:14

Because he is the best mage in the game, for a reasonable price.

Only a heavily upgraded Slann can compete.

Torpedo Vegas
09-11-2010, 03:41
Phoenix Guard. White Lions. INCOHERENT RAGE.

ooglatjama
09-11-2010, 03:53
A huge target for sniper weapons.

Kiras of the flame
09-11-2010, 05:37
expect....

huge blocks of heavy hitters....

and a bucket of magical goodies...

there also might be a chance that there will be a regular no-named mage to add some magical shenanigans... and since Telics is definitely the safest choice for magic and a good chance that any spell he casts will be irresistible (and no miscast might I add)

don't try to beat him at his own game... unless you're an overpriced slann... and even then he'll overpower you...

Torpedo Vegas
09-11-2010, 15:28
So, essentially, don't go after him with magic, go after him with a big stick.

Lord_Elric
09-11-2010, 20:08
So, essentially, don't go after him with magic, go after him with a big stick.

Well yeh lol however it your a character make sure you get to him with full wounds if your down to 1 wound by the time u reach him then he still has a decent chance of beating you, having one of the best magic weapons in the game and all....

RMacDeezy
09-11-2010, 21:44

Only a heavily upgraded Slann can compete.

i don't suppose kairos would fare better, would he?

Lord_Elric
09-11-2010, 21:51
i don't suppose kairos would fare better, would he?

not likly actualy though he knows more spells and such teclis is still a more powerful caster and is likly to have as many dispel dice as you have powerdice and i belive kairos is many many more pts????

Wyrmnax
09-11-2010, 22:40
The point of Teclis isnt only that he is a very good caster

The thing is that he is a very good caster, that costs less than 500 points. Any other equiped lv4 archmage will cost within 70 points of Teclis cost.

And with magic being as powerful as it is on 8th, its no wonder lists with big casters show up so much. HE just has one of the very best, competitive cost, casters around.

Colonel_kex
10-11-2010, 07:49
Teclis, banner of sorcery 3.5 tons of cheese and zero sportsmanship

eyescrossed
10-11-2010, 08:40

I think you read the question wrong.

Nathangonmad
10-11-2010, 18:27
No skill, no fun and zero friends. Perfect Teclis list

Desert Rain
10-11-2010, 19:11
Teclis, obviously.

A BSB

Caradryan

Spears, LSG and Archers for core.

A big unit of Phoenix Guards with Banner of Sorcery. Teclis and Caradryan lives in this
unit.

Probably some white lions and dragon princes for support and four eagles for annoyance.

mistrmoon
11-11-2010, 07:41
Things to bring:
-teclis
-some other dudes i guess...
-A codpeice to shield yourself

Things to not bring:
-Sportsmanship
-Skill of any kind
-the intention of winning anything other then best general
-the hope of making a friend at last

How to play a teclis list:
Step1: Teclis
Step2: ??????
Step3: Profit!!!

Maoriboy007
11-11-2010, 08:04
Teclis
Any lore which will screw over the opponant
As many eagles as required to keep your opponants army going in circles while he nukes them
BAnner of Sourcery to give him more nukyness
Banner of World Dragon so he cant be hurt by magic
A unit to put him in

Triple7s
18-11-2010, 21:41
I've had an awful time trying to kill this guy. Absolutely awful. To the point where i'm marginally disgusted at GW for allowing such an OTT character to run around unchecked. Dwellers Below at full strength in 4 subsequent magic phases isn't fun, to put it mildly.

I'd say expect to see the following things:
- Archers/Spearmen to hide Teclis in
- Swordmasters, usually buffed to T7
- Dragon Princes, again usually buffed
- BSB with World Dragon Banner to make him immune to magic
- Cheap units to hide him behind so people can't get LoS to charge/shoot at him
- Your opponent conceding and packing up his models if Teclis somehow dies, with accompanying angry grumbles about how he "let it happen"
- Your opponent rubbing it in if he wins with a Teclis list about how he's somehow a better player than you

logan054
18-11-2010, 22:12
Teclis, banner of sorcery 3.5 tons of cheese and zero sportsmanship

I had to play against that today, he had lore of metal, I had WoC, much fun was had :rolleyes:

Oh look I rolled a double, guess you CW are +1 save for the rest again
next turn
Oh look, another -1, want to dispel, sorry I rolled a double
next turn
what, you have a 5+ save with your warriors? good thing that unit didn't cost 400pts...

Honestly, did they even bother to test teclis?

Goldenwolf
18-11-2010, 22:27
Teclis can actually be worse when he plays Death Lore, as Purple Sun GENERATES power dice for him on a 5-6 for each wound caused. He rolls 7 dice INSTANT Irresisitable Force, and Then Generates most if not all of them back for more spell smashing.

If how, place a Large Template over any large unit, and even if the direction goes wrong, you still hurt the unit.

In most recent tournaments, how have the HE done? I think this aspect is broken badly, but he can lose.

The bearded one
18-11-2010, 22:47
Teclis wasn't overpowered in 7th edition when the high elf and BRB book lores weren't very powerfull, the changes to magic in 8th edition made him incredibly powerfull however and now he doesn't even have to worry about rolling double 1, which he had to worry about in 7th where miscasts superceded IF. 8th edition is his playground, and we know GW hates to change anything except via new armybook.

logan054
18-11-2010, 23:07
In most recent tournaments, how have the HE done? I think this aspect is broken badly, but he can lose.

Well I know I certainly beat them simply because they had so few models on the table, regardless of this and how well they are doing in competitive play I find when you see teclis in a army your enjoyment is slowly drained from the game and your like "mind if I take part in the magic phase just this once!".

jumai
20-11-2010, 00:18
Am I the only one who can't read "Teclis" anymore without hearing it in the announcer voice from Unreal Tournament?
..."TECLISSS!!!!"
"HEAD SHOT!"
"DOUBLE KILL!"
"KILLING SPREE!"
Warseer has it's panties in a bigger knot over this guy than even Mephiston can cause in 40k.

scruffyryan
20-11-2010, 01:57
Seriously, ive seen teclis go down to a unit of skavenslaves. Get into close combat and direct attacks at him, he's t2 with no saves of any kind, yes the pummelling you take on the way in sucks yes he's incredibly powerful and possibly the best SC out there but he's not an autowin button. If they're doing the cheesy 5 wide BSB + caradryan+ full command with teclis in rank 2 tactic, direct attacks at the champ of the unit and teclis has to fall forward, then kill him.

jthdotcom
20-11-2010, 02:03
If you know you're going against teclis just power scroll dwellers below onto his unit. I did it and laughed in turn one.

What made it so funny was that it was my tzeentch sorcerer on disc with 3rd eye, casting teclis's own dwellers spell! haha