PDA

View Full Version : Mono Tzeentch WoC = Win?

Hashulaman
11-11-2010, 08:45
Is mono Tzeentch the way to go for Warriors in 8th? Are they one of the best configurations in WoC? It seems that they have gotten the best buff of the marks, the new parry is a 5+ ward, making the already tough Chaos Warriors harder to kill and cheap marauders better tarpits. With the new magic items they can abuse them in rather excessive ways. A 3+ ward is about as good as it gets in the game.

Then you got the new magic rules, a Sorcerer lord getting +5 to cast, plus 6 with Skull of Katam, + 7-9 with Homunculus, Tzeentch sorcerers can easily get off Gateway with 3 dice in 8th. The Teezntch lore is now much easier to get off whereas in 7th you had to take a gamble with gateway.

Anyone feel this way?

theorox
11-11-2010, 08:55
Yeah Tzeentch is very good, but i think that all marks are viable, and a good way to theme an army. Slaanesh might not be the best overall though.

You can certainly make very powerful builds using Tzeentch.

Theo

Eta
11-11-2010, 10:05
A mix of marks is still stronger. Khorne on marauders or halberd warriors, Nurgle on Banner of Rage knights, Slaanesh on horsemen.

Greetings
Eta

Darwin_green
11-11-2010, 10:18
lore of Tzeentch is pretty handy. As long as you target appropriate units with certain spells you're pretty well of.

Flickering fire, I like targeting small support units with this spell.

Baleful transmogrification.(i actually never rolled this spell) I'd assume that this would be good on large otherwise hard to wound targets, or units that have really good armor saves.

Pandemonium, I so want to use this spell against a magic heavy army, but the only time i rolled it was against a wizardless force, and I got Infernal gateway as well.

Treason of Tzeentch, oh, this spell is brutal since most armies have large blocks of infantry now. also targeting units with really nasty weapons is fun too. Imagine this targeting a large block of dwarves with greatweapons.

Path to glory, ouch, having an extra hero in any of your units is brutal.an extra 4 STr 5 attacks with a 3+ armor save is nothing to snuff at.

Infernal gateway. Like flickering fire, this spell is dang random. But it's beautiful when you can get that 11+ to wipe out a unit. But even then, it's 2d6 STr 2d6 hits. And I like rolling dice.

Enigmatik1
11-11-2010, 12:32
8E stacked the deck heavily in favor of Tzeentch (+1 to cast and an inherent, stackable Ward save) and Khorne (Frenzy). Nurgle, and especially Slaanesh, kinda got the shaft.

Xzazzarai
11-11-2010, 13:14
@ Darwin_green: call to glory is probably the worst spell in the whole game :S

PurpleSun
11-11-2010, 13:27
At one point a while back I converted my whole WoC collection to Tzeentch and run have run a 3,000 point all Tzeentch list for a while (Marauders, Horsemen, Warriors, Chosen, Knights, Hellcannons, Warshrine list). I find it to be the best WoC can field.

However, since 8th ed, I've begun dropping the Tzeentch mark on the wizards and running them with either death, shadow, or fire. The new basic lores are better than the Tzeentch spells imo. Ironic, clearly, that the only models in my list without the mark of Tzeentch are the casters.

Also, I have recently fell in love with the Tzeentch Chaos Lord tarpit build. Give him a barded steed, shield, Talisman of Preservation, Crown of Command, Bronze Armor of Zhrakk and Biting Blade. This gives you a 1+ AS, 3+ Ward, T5, Stubborn, Immune to Psych/Killing Blow/Poison General for 349 points.

_dandaman_
11-11-2010, 13:32
@ Darwin_green: call to glory is probably the worst spell in the whole game :S

Used some of the d6 magic missiles lately? Getting an extra hero is fairly situational, but its got its uses. I know it will get dispeled in the next magic phase, but an extra 4 attacks can be be very effective, and giving up no VPs if it gets dispelled has its uses.

On topic, I feel that tzneethc can be very good on almost every unit. HW/S marauders are virtually unkillable with MoT. Warriors, I feel, are killy enough to take HW/S with the MoT, and they just dont die. 5 knights with the banner of 5++ save vs shooting are good, because they either attract alot of attention, which they can handle, or no attention because they never ever die. MoT is definitely the way to go.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
11-11-2010, 13:55
I'd say it is between Tzeentch and Khorne in this addition, with Nurgle/Banner of Rage as an addition.

Leth Shyish'phak
11-11-2010, 17:24
At the start of 8th, I used a mix of Khorne, Tzeentch and unmarked. I have since changed to all Tzeentch and am doing very well. I'm finding that the sheer resilience of my army far outweighs the extra killiness that my Khorne halberd warriors had. The magic is a bit rubbish, but the Third Eye helps a lot with that.

Khorne is still a good mark, I just think that Tzeentch is even better. Slaanesh can be useful if you want units to run around away from your characters but is otherwise not a very good idea.

Nurgle... I still don't understand why people want to take this mark. The combat effect rarely does anything and Bs based shooting rarely bothers my warriors. And its Nurgle's mark... Despite what any new books say, he is still the sworn enemy. :skull:

NixonAsADaemonPrince
11-11-2010, 17:44
At the start of 8th, I used a mix of Khorne, Tzeentch and unmarked. I have since changed to all Tzeentch and am doing very well. I'm finding that the sheer resilience of my army far outweighs the extra killiness that my Khorne halberd warriors had.

I'm in no way disputing what you are saying or saying you are wrong, but I had the exact opposite experience, Tzeentch always just got stuck in combats and ground down (taking a fair few of the enemy with me I grant you), when I switched to Khorne I found I can just kill the enemy before they kill me :). Strange lol.

CaliforniaGamer
11-11-2010, 17:50
If I were to field mono-god, which I definitely dont, then Tzeentch is no1.

for me: Tzeentch/Khorne +/- unmarked.

Also well supported combo in the fluff literature. "Palace of the Plague Lord (http://www.amazon.com/Palace-Plague-Lord-Warhammer-Novels/dp/1844164810/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289501848&sr=1-1#_)" by Werner comes to mind as a strong example (Tzeentch and Khorne teaming up vs. the dreaded Nurgle).

Blood for the Blood God (http://www.amazon.com/Blood-God-Chaos-Wastes/dp/1844166686/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289501848&sr=1-3) is also a good reference.

Kinda the muscle and the brain concept.

Definitely the strongest combo for 8th ed.

from my fluff readings, Nurgle+any of the other 3 gods is a no no(they write the BL books as Nurgle is very powerful on his own and his followers **** off everyone else), Slannesh + Tzeentch is iffy, Slannesh + Khorne is another no-no. Seems Slannesh is by far the weakest of 4 both by BL fluff and in games terms, yet has no pre-ordained ally amongst the other 3 factions. Basically Slannesh is the gimp.

Djekar
11-11-2010, 18:48
I actually dropped MoTzeentch from my level 4 this edition so I had access to the new rulebook lores. I find that Shadows/Heavens are pretty awesome, and are a lot more reliable than the Lore of Tzeentch.

I'm with Nixon on Tzeentch warriors - I found that they got into combats and just kind of stuck around, but since switching to MoKhorne and halberds I've found that I reliably win those same combats.

ROCKY
11-11-2010, 19:15
If I were to field mono-god, which I definitely dont, then Tzeentch is no1.

for me: Tzeentch/Khorne +/- unmarked.

Also well supported combo in the fluff literature. "Palace of the Plague Lord (http://www.amazon.com/Palace-Plague-Lord-Warhammer-Novels/dp/1844164810/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289501848&sr=1-1#_)" by Werner comes to mind as a strong example (Tzeentch and Khorne teaming up vs. the dreaded Nurgle).

Blood for the Blood God (http://www.amazon.com/Blood-God-Chaos-Wastes/dp/1844166686/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289501848&sr=1-3) is also a good reference.

Kinda the muscle and the brain concept.

Definitely the strongest combo for 8th ed.

from my fluff readings, Nurgle+any of the other 3 gods is a no no(they write the BL books as Nurgle is very powerful on his own and his followers **** off everyone else), Slannesh + Tzeentch is iffy, Slannesh + Khorne is another no-no. Seems Slannesh is by far the weakest of 4 both by BL fluff and in games terms, yet has no pre-ordained ally amongst the other 3 factions. Basically Slannesh is the gimp.

very good summary. I would like to add however that slaanesh is still usable on certain things however (horsemen/steeds of slaanesh) to basically stick bait around longer (seeing as they will never panic). but as you said khorne and tzeentch are deffinately the way to go now.

Wyrmnax
11-11-2010, 19:21
Slaanesh might not be the best overall though.

Anything is better than mono Khorne.

Khorne makes for a fairly pitiful magic phase. Yelling at your oponent is bound to have little effect on the game.

If you are going mono, Tzeentch is your best options. But overall, a undivided is stronger.

Przemcio251
11-11-2010, 20:11
Well to be honest i used Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord in every game of 8th edition i played like 6 games till this point. Well to be honest im a bit dissapointed... but this is probably my ill luck... once i got 3x Gateway on a Dark Elf Dragon and i rolled like 2, 3, 2 hits with some lame strenght...:D

Tzeentch BSB with Talisman of Preservation&Biting Blade + normal Shield. Fellow is on foot with his 3+ ward he can easly survive in any chalange protecting my sorcerer.

As for unit take 18 Choosen with MOT, Banner of Rage and GW + a Tzeenctch Warshrine also be sure to put Eye of the God's to the Champion and add BSB + Sorcerer Lord into the unit and you can be sure that enemy will have a hard time breaking you in B&G:)

sulla
12-11-2010, 04:59
A mix of marks is still stronger. Khorne on marauders or halberd warriors, Nurgle on Banner of Rage knights, Slaanesh on horsemen.

Greetings
EtaTotally agreed, and sadly how I always face them.

Doommasters
12-11-2010, 05:08
can anyone post there mono TZ list? I like the idea of running a mono god and i find Khorne to be a little hit and miss sometimes.

Hashulaman
12-11-2010, 05:15
Granted I do take non marked stuff such as Trolls and a Hellcannon, but Its not a problem at all and they make up for the lack of any mark. I'm looking for nice symmatry in my Lords and heroes. I COULD take a Tzeentch Lord and a Sorc. Lord and have a nice blend of Close combat and Magic dominance, Even though they are Tzeentch a Tzeentch Combat lord is still a king of Close Combat, not as offensive a khorne but more defensive.

VoodooJanus
12-11-2010, 05:16
Infernal gateway. Like flickering fire, this spell is dang random. But it's beautiful when you can get that 11+ to wipe out a unit. But even then, it's 2d6 STr 2d6 hits. And I like rolling dice.

Haha, I saw the greatest thing happen the other day with this. A fully decked out Lore of Life Slaan in a Temple Bunker got hit with this spell and the WoC player rolled a 12 for strength. WAY more effective than Psun, haha.

Leth Shyish'phak
12-11-2010, 13:09
I'm in no way disputing what you are saying or saying you are wrong, but I had the exact opposite experience, Tzeentch always just got stuck in combats and ground down (taking a fair few of the enemy with me I grant you), when I switched to Khorne I found I can just kill the enemy before they kill me :). Strange lol.

I'm with Nixon on Tzeentch warriors - I found that they got into combats and just kind of stuck around, but since switching to MoKhorne and halberds I've found that I reliably win those same combats.

I've always found that unless I'm fighting something like Tomb Kings, my MoK halberd warriors just die really easily. Whereas my MoT shield warriors can still do a lot of damage, but are very good at not taking any back.

Only once have I actually lost one of my shield units, and that was when it had grave guard in the front with bsb + Mannfred, a ghoul horde + Konrad in one flank and a skeleton horde in the other. It outlasted the ghouls and Konrad (just), saw most of the skeletons die and actually wiped out the Grave Guard. Of course, the unit had my bsb in it, the flaming attacks banner and +1 armour save from a warshrine, but I think it was still very impressive (the unit never actually took a break test) to hold for quite a long time for help to arrive. That was a fun game, ended with nearly all of the units on the board in one, giant combat in the middle. :evilgrin::chrome::skull:

I've also seen my own MoK halberd warriors charge a unit of MoT shield warriors and bounce right off (turned out to be a fairly average result).

So I prefer my units being hard to kill. :)

Avian
12-11-2010, 14:06
For years I've been plagued by Swordmasters, but last night they charged my Warriors of Tzeentch and only killed 3, losing 5 in return (with my Lord of Tzeentch killing 5 more). Good times.

Dez
12-11-2010, 14:23
I haven't played Fantasy long, probably mid 7th edition. But I wanted Mono Tzeentch Magic and Warrior Heavy army. So I put Sword and Board on them, just because I thought it looked awesome. And I proceeded to lost almost every game I played with them (which is about one a week).

I'm now holding my own and actually winning games, even placed in 'Ard Boyz regionals but couldn't go (wife, kids, bought a new home, etc). I'd like to attribute this to being a better player, but I think 8th Ed definitely gave my army a boost.

The other half of my army is Trolls with Throgg. I'm eventually going to split them into separate armies ;)

decker_cky
12-11-2010, 17:21
I find mono-khorne to be the easiest to deal with, since redirection will be in full force. 1-2 frenzied units is solid, but too many and the army can be led around like in 7th. Luckily, even mono armies can have the banner of rage. Because of that, I think mono-nurgle (excellent with some fear causing stuff) and mono-tzeentch are the best single god lists, and tzeentch competes even with mixed lists.

Doommasters
12-11-2010, 18:58
So Tzeentch warriors:

Halbergs or Halbergs/Sheilds or HW/Sheild?

Same for Chosen?

Avian
12-11-2010, 19:10
You certainly want a shield, it's cheap and protects against most ranged attacks. My unit is led by a Chaos Lord to do the damage, so I'm perfectly fine with the unit going all defense with hand weapons. My Slaaneshi guys have halberds and shields.

decker_cky
12-11-2010, 22:36
If you take a banner of rage unit, give them halberds. Otherwise, tzeentch is all about handweapon and shield.

SlaaneshSlave
12-11-2010, 23:41
...Slaanesh, kinda got the shaft.
But Slaanesh liked it!

Lazarian
13-11-2010, 00:01
I run Tzeentch on tons of things though I usually have non marked or Khorne marked items and its a dream.

Running the chosen as a caddy to get the max eye of god result means you can plow through with halberds and cause limitless damage. I still dont like using fighting chaos characters since warriors are still drastically better than most other units+hero options you will ever face. The saved points are another 10-15 man warrior unit as an extra set up. I have started taking 3 warrior blocks with the chosen block as well as a giant marauder unit to soak the shots and attention. For the warriors I tend to have 2 khorne halberds, one tzeentch hw/shield and the chosen sporting the halberds and its pretty obsene in every game ive done so far.

The Tzeentch magic list is too solid, I find uses for every spell. Its not as good on paper in comparison to book lores however every dispel dice comes at gateway, pandemonium is death with a hellcannon and there will always be a great treason target, simply too many good spells to deal with, all of which can be cast cheaply due to the +5 typically allowing all three every phase regardless of PD. The lore has done right by me and has been solid constantly. It actually fits my army better due to MOT than taking a non marked caster.

ps: call to glory judiciously cast will draw out dispels like crazy and if it goes off can be a perfect force multiplier in certain combats. Not always a must take when picking or a must cast but its better in practice by far than it looks on paper.

Pacorko
13-11-2010, 00:36
Me, as I play with Gal'rauch... my lists are mostly Tzeentch. But, then again, I play a list with lots of warhounds as I love harassing the opponent instead of magicking away.

Nurgle--which I used to love above all the others--is nice if you need some staying power when you know you will be shot at. Khorne is basically for meatgrinding chores so not much fun overall but quite useful against Skaven and Gobbos.

That said, I'm difting away from the 4 Ruinous Powers approach and just see Tzeentch as the All Mighty and True Essence of Chaos, and so I refer to the other three as aspects of Change. Thus, anything that can be marked has either Mark of Destruction/Devastation, Mark of Decay/Decomposition or Mark Debauchery/Decadence and I'm happy with that.

I might even start my own Cult. :p

Peregijn
13-11-2010, 08:25
i was a tzeetch man in 6th edition where the chaos lords with the mark of tzeentch where your lvl 4's i mixed it up in 7th just because i could but i reverted back to tzeentch.
(mostly because i like the collor blue a lot...)

Doommasters
13-11-2010, 08:51
I am running Archaon and then all Mark of Tzeentch HW/S warriors a couple of cannons. let you know how it goes.

Golvannon
14-11-2010, 13:55
I have just run Nurgle with Khorne, but will treat the Tzeentch/Khorne mix in my next game to see the difference. Under 7th I faced a lot of Empire so Nurgle seemed a good choice to continue, and against the Nurgle Daemon army on Friday, it was a good choice.
However, Tzeentch seems a more rounded approach...

The bearded one
14-11-2010, 14:46
can anyone post there mono TZ list? I like the idea of running a mono god and i find Khorne to be a little hit and miss sometimes.

I wrote a mono Tzeentch 2K list for fun recently, and then compared it to the 2K lists of the armies that I play ( I don't even play WoC ) and found that the Tzeentch list would beat all of them into the dirt 0.o

Sorcerer lord
lvl 4
enchanted shield
golden eye of Tzeentch
infernal puppet
mark of Tzeentch
disc of Tzeentch
385 pts

Exalted hero
Talisman of preservation ( BRB item, 4+ ward )
Mark of Tzeentch
shield
BSB
195 pts

18 Warriors of chaos ( 3x6 )
shields
full command
mark of Tzeentch
338 pts

38 marauders ( horde unit )
great weapons
full command
mark of Tzeentch
235 pts

38 marauders ( horde unit )
great weapons
full command
mark of Tzeentch
235 pts

18 Chosen ( 3x6 )
Halberds
full command
mark of Tzeentch
favour of the gods
banner of rage
452 pts

Warshrine
mark of Tzeentch
150 pts

2000 pts, and it would simply walk over all the armies that I have, with which I have at least 3 years of experience playing.
Also, when facing warmachine using armies, giving the 'ironcurse icon' item from the BRB to a champion or character makes the unit rather resilient for a minimal amount of points.

Morkash
14-11-2010, 20:27
I smell general dislike for dear Grandfather Nurgle here... I'll continue to build up my 2996 point carnival nevertheless!

The bearded one
14-11-2010, 21:05
I smell general dislike for dear Grandfather Nurgle here... I'll continue to build up my 2996 point carnival nevertheless!

Nurgle is my favourite in theme and fluff, as Khorne is kinda overused and overpopular, and Tzeentch/Slaanesh are so elfy. Magic, and the toughness of wet paper bags? They're like the elves of the realm of chaos, whereas nurgle is the toughest.

The problem with the mark of nurgle is that it's less usefull in general. It's usefull against WS2 enemies if your nurgle guy has ws4 ( marauders ), against WS3 enemies if your nurgle guy has WS5 or 6 and against ws4 if your guy has 7/8, ws5 if you have 9/10. And usefull when the enemy has equal weaponskill. It's also good against shooting of course, but non-balistic skill shooting reigns supreme currently, and the mark of nurgle is ( a tiny bit ) more expensive.

A 6+ stackable ward opens up so many ( too many ) doors for uber wards.

Darwin_green
15-11-2010, 11:01
so, how do you keep your disc riders alive against a shooty army?

Deacon Bane
15-11-2010, 12:03
Golden Eye and the Talisman.

Avian
15-11-2010, 12:39
If they fly around within 3" of sufficiently large cavalry units, they get a 4+ Look Out Sir, which is like another Ward save.

Chapel
15-11-2010, 13:29
Aren't halberds a 2 handed weapon? Can you take shields and a 2 handed weapon? Or is that only great weapons?

Darwin_green
15-11-2010, 13:35
you can take both, it's just you don't get a save bonus in CC.

Avian
15-11-2010, 13:43
You can always take the shield as protection from ranged attacks, but in close combat you have to use the halberd / great weapon.

Hashulaman
17-11-2010, 03:06
I don't see why you would use anything besides a Shield/HW if you were Tzeentch, the best thing Tzeentch warriors/Marauders have is the parry. Besides it's not like Tzeentch warriors suck in close combat. HW/Shield combo is the best to take for Tzeentch warriors. On Chosen you can get away with halberds since the free EotG roll with Favor and Wailing Banner combined with a Warshrine makes an 11 or 12 far more favorable.

Dreadgrass
17-11-2010, 03:25
I still think a warrior unit marked Tzeentch with Halberds and Banner of Rage makes a great spot to drop a Tzeenthian BSB... tons of strength 5 attacks and more survivable than a Khorne block... not to mention never loosing Frenzy!

Hashulaman
17-11-2010, 06:19
Myself I think a 5++ is better than a 6++, its for Close Combat only I know but a 4+ armor is not that good with so many high strength attacks.

Dreadgrass
17-11-2010, 06:25
True, but you don't get parry saves when frenzied, strength 5 is better than strength 4, and perma frenzy isn't too shabby either.

Don't get me wrong, I run a unit of each, they have different uses, but I've found that little bit of extra bite gamebreaking on more than 1 occasion.

Eltharil
17-11-2010, 12:49
True, but you don't get parry saves when frenzied, strength 5 is better than strength 4, and perma frenzy isn't too shabby either.

Don't get me wrong, I run a unit of each, they have different uses, but I've found that little bit of extra bite gamebreaking on more than 1 occasion.

...each of them for me too. In bigger games, my Tz with Halleberd are upgraded to chosen and are really nasty if they get the 12 roll.

Another point, i want to run Tz Knights unit with the right banner for max protection. What's your view on the right number: 5, 6 or 7 of them?
(main goal: supporting a fight on the flank, killing small units, destroying warmachines)

Doommasters
17-11-2010, 19:03
If you want to send your knights hunting deep inside enemy lines, i like Nurgle with the Blasted Standard. They will get the job done against war machines, and if not distract them long enough to get into CC with your other troops.

I prefer Nurgle and Banner of Rage, but they are far less reliable at taking out war machines and can get distracted. This you don't want if they have very specific mission.

For hunting small units/machines and distraction, i wouldn't take more than 5 personally. I however run 9 with and exalted champ and use them to flatten units without support. I saw this setup on the WoC (ever chosen Forum) and they really do dominate almost anything that isn't a horde, but they cost and arm and a leg.

Darwin_green
18-11-2010, 00:32
i remember reading on dakka dakka that had a great combo to use with with chosen.

Give the unit "The wailing banner", and put "chosen of the gods" on the unit champion.
though this gets expensive fast. a unit of Chosen with halberds, shields, full command and the above mentioned items comes at 425 points for 15 chosen of Tzeench.

This may be totally worth it since you get to modify and reroll the Eye of the Gods chart in your favor.

1. you have to reroll Insanity and Chosen, since it says so in their rules.
2. you have to reroll 9 and 10 since your unit causes terror, and fear. 11 can be modified into "Divine Greatness".
3. you may modify a result to force you into a reroll. I.e, turning a six into a 7 to force the reroll.
4. worst case scenario, you roll a 4 or a 5. So you get your choice of +1 toughness, strength, attack or armor.

Eltharil
18-11-2010, 09:47
i remember reading on dakka dakka that had a great combo to use with with chosen.

Give the unit "The wailing banner", and put "chosen of the gods" on the unit champion.
though this gets expensive fast. a unit of Chosen with halberds, shields, full command and the above mentioned items comes at 425 points for 15 chosen of Tzeench.

This may be totally worth it since you get to modify and reroll the Eye of the Gods chart in your favor.

1. you have to reroll Insanity and Chosen, since it says so in their rules.
2. you have to reroll 9 and 10 since your unit causes terror, and fear. 11 can be modified into "Divine Greatness".
3. you may modify a result to force you into a reroll. I.e, turning a six into a 7 to force the reroll.
4. worst case scenario, you roll a 4 or a 5. So you get your choice of +1 toughness, strength, attack or armor.

Is this viable with GW and a warshrine? (save 4+/3++ with the 12 roll will break ennemy's attacks and let those chosen strike back with probably hits on 3+, wounds on 2+ and -3 to armor saves)

Darwin_green
18-11-2010, 10:33
yeah, you could use great weapons with chosen, but I think you'd be really losing out on their Initiative 5. they're already Strength 5 with halberds as it is.

Also, a warshrine really shines with this unit, but it is pretty darn expensive for what it is.

Avian
18-11-2010, 14:23
If both the Chosen and the enemy unit is large enough for casualties not to reduce attacks back, striking last doesn't matter.

Kharnathe
18-11-2010, 15:13
leave the gws to marauders in my opinion. one of the major probs with WoC in 7th (and before) was trying to sort it out so you got the charge with your guys to make sure we struck first. now we can just march with confidence and let most come at us and have them die in droves upon charging.

were playing halberdhammer now.

shakedown47
18-11-2010, 15:52
I run my Tzeentch warriors with halberds and shields, and I've got no complaints. Warriors still rely on damage output to generate combat res moreso than not dying IMO, so I'll take the better chance to kill models than a slightly higher survivability from normal attacks coming from the front.

Halberds still work to the side and the rear, and they wound on 4's or 5's against all those Stompers, and Thunderstompers, and Impact Hitters out there. Aside from a slightly better armour save, shields are useless in such circumstances.