PDA

View Full Version : Lord of Night

rob1992
11-11-2010, 13:36
After rereading Soul Hunter and the ADB thread, I wanted to try and get hold of Lord of Night. I've checked Amazon and the Black Library website but neither have a copy in stock so I was wondering if anyone knew how to get hold of one.

Grubthegrot
11-11-2010, 15:19
Try abe books.

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

Lars Porsenna
11-11-2010, 18:11
I bought mine not too long ago (about a year) at a local Waldenbooks. I'm floored looking at Amazon US that new copies max out (from 3rd party vendors) at $177.00!

And here I thought Sword and Dagger (Battletech book) was insanely valuable at $122.00!

Damon.

Pitalla Crimson
12-11-2010, 02:02
They need to make a re-print or a digital download. That book is a must for all night lord fans. Good thing I bought mine a few years ago when it was just 7 us bucks.

Your best chance would be ebay, good luck.

BobtheInquisitor
12-11-2010, 03:04
I bought mine not too long ago (about a year) at a local Waldenbooks. I'm floored looking at Amazon US that new copies max out (from 3rd party vendors) at $177.00!

And here I thought Sword and Dagger (Battletech book) was insanely valuable at $122.00!

Damon.

I remember when Space Marine was going for $300. Also, I think The Loathsome Ratmen and All Their Vile Kin was going for about that much for a while, too. It sure would be nice to get a reprint of that one.

narrativium
12-11-2010, 07:36
Send Black Library a message. Suggest that Lord of the Night deserves the Print on Demand treatment. If there's demand, they should respond.

Satan
12-11-2010, 07:40
What country are you in?

rob1992
12-11-2010, 10:13
Sorry, should have mentioned. I'm in the UK.

I've had a look at abebooks and the shipping cost is prohibitive so that's out unfortunately.

Satan
12-11-2010, 10:30
I'll sell you my copy. Only read it once. It's located in Sweden...

Killgore
12-11-2010, 12:10
If anyones after BL books Iv found they can often be found in the Warseer For Sale or Wanted threads

Jonny_N
14-11-2010, 20:53
It is a very good book. I have read it several times and I really hoped for a sequel. I am hoping Mr A D-B continues the characters from it in their own novel, as I really like his style and think he could really take them forwards.

Londinium
14-11-2010, 23:26
Whoever spends $177 on Lord of the Night needs to be shot. You can easily pick it up for about 5-10 on eBay when copies pop up.

Pitalla Crimson
14-11-2010, 23:53
well time to send e-mail for print on demand for lord of the night? with some luck we may get a funky new cover.

16-11-2010, 07:10
its a brilliant book, but still does not justify the price asked by 3rd parties...

Pacific
16-11-2010, 09:44
All the sharks have hopped onto that book now obviously, now that Space Marine is on PoD.

Bitterman
16-11-2010, 17:46
Its really strange, because I ordered it through Amazon on May this year and...

You have been charged for the following items shipped today:

Lord of the Night (Warhammer 40,000)
Sold by: Atlanta Book Company
Condition: used - good
Quantity: 1
$2.50 each
Item subtotal: $2.50

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Subtotal : $2.50
Shipping & Handling : $12.49

Total : $14.99 (EUR 12,71)

So it is indeed strange that a few months later the price has risen up THAT much :s. As for the book, it grows on you with each read. Mind you, I like Sahaals use of terror tactics better than the guys in Soul Hunter, which hurts to admit.

Good luck!

Pitalla Crimson
10-01-2011, 17:19
Hey I received a reply from Black Library, apparently it is currently getting the treatment of print on demand!

Oh man hopefully it gets a funky new cover ^.^

My bets is the it will get released around the time that Blood Reaver comes out, to promote further the new book and the Night Lords.

Dead.Blue.Clown
10-01-2011, 21:12
It is a very good book. I have read it several times and I really hoped for a sequel. I am hoping Mr A D-B continues the characters from it in their own novel, as I really like his style and think he could really take them forwards.

Thanks, dude. But I won't be touching them, really. Too many pitfalls.

blindingdark
26-01-2011, 20:09
The problem with re-prints, is that it take a massive dump from a great height on those people who have gone well out of their way to get copies of the books...

I have copies of the loathesome ratmen, xeonology and the liber necris. They took me an age to get hold of as I missed the release. To say what was paid for them was a little steep is the greatest understatement of all time.

While its great that a re-print means people dont need to go to these lengths to get the books, what a slap in the face to those that have! :(

narrativium
26-01-2011, 22:30
blindingdark: it's a matter of perspective I guess. I'd much prefer, say, that BL reprint a popular novel which they've had a lot of demand for, and sell it at a reasonable price, than pay the exorbitant prices I'd be charged on an auction website or similar. The people who triple the price of Space Hulk boxed sets and put them up as Buy It Now; I think that 'takes a massive dump' on the hobbyists. Your mileage clearly varies.

Killgore
27-01-2011, 14:01
The problem with re-prints, is that it take a massive dump from a great height on those people who have gone well out of their way to get copies of the books...

I have copies of the loathesome ratmen, xeonology and the liber necris. They took me an age to get hold of as I missed the release. To say what was paid for them was a little steep is the greatest understatement of all time.

While its great that a re-print means people dont need to go to these lengths to get the books, what a slap in the face to those that have! :(

What about the pride that comes with owning a first edition?

Dont all BL POD books come in a larger size format?

Id rather BL keep their POD service, literature should not be denied to the many who were unlucky to catch it first time round.

ChrisMurray
28-01-2011, 13:18
What about the pride that comes with owning a first edition?

Dont all BL POD books come in a larger size format?

Id rather BL keep their POD service, literature should not be denied to the many who were unlucky to catch it first time round.

I totally agree with this. I take great pride in having\getting 1st editions and limited (by number produced) books. However I also believe that it is important that those who wish to be able to get a copy of a book be able to. T.V, computer games and the internet take up so much of peoples spare time now that I would hate for anyone who wants to physically pick up a book and read be dettered by a lack of availibility.