PDA

View Full Version : For Honour! Bretonnian Peasant Revolt

branchwrath
13-03-2006, 14:54
Essentially the story behind my army is that a province had a sudden change in conscious and the Peasants were led by the Damsels and the Grail Knights away from their oppressive Lords where they will then march to the Border Princes to hopefully establish a Utopian society of their own. Here it goes...

Drisana De Carcassione
Prophetess of the Lady w/Extra level, Verdent Heart, Dispell Scroll, Pegasus
-340-
(Will be a real nuiscance flying around using LIFE magic. The Verdant Heart will make her that much more potent and if she feels threatened she can land in a wood and make herself nearly impossible to get at. Plus a DS for good measure)

Christina Malade
Damsel of the Lady w/Chalice of Malfeur -90-
Just meant to hang back with my archers and help produce two vital dispell dice. No dirty spell caddies here

Sibella Leoncouer
Damsel of the Lady w/Prayer Icon of Quenelles -95-
Goes with one unit of M@A and gives them some much needed MR, plus the Prayer Icon will give the unit the Blessing as well, making it even more annoying for the enemy :D

Morgan the Pure and True
Paladin Battle Standard w/ Heavy Armour, Virtue of Empathy, Mantle of Damsel Elena, Gauntlet of the Duel, Grail Vow -131-
Will sit in the unit of Grail Pilgrims giving them that all important Stubborn re-roll and making them immune to psychology

Adam the Vengeful
Paladin w/Barded Warhorse, Shield, Morning Star, Grail Vow, Virtue of the Penitent -139-
I couldn't resist the image of a single wrathful knoght charging into a unit. He'll be used to hold up a decent sized core unit most likely, and will be even tougher if I can get him into combat within 12'' of my BSB

CORE
The Knights of Freedom
6 KoR w/Command -168-
Meant to represent Yeomen who have been Knighted by the Prophetess for valour. For fluff reasons they will not use the Lance formation nor will they have a magic banner

Retainers of Sibella
24 M@A w/Full command (147)
Will be a main center block for the army, there for ranks support anf all importantly FLUFF:D

Warriors of Honour True
24 M@A w/full command -147-
Same idea really

Huntsmen of the Silver Stag
15 Bowmen w/skirmish -105-
The 'best' archers grouped together. Provide great ranged support

Protectors of the Western Glades
10 Bowmen w/Defensive Stakes, Villein, Brazier -70-
Further ranged support

SPECIAL
Pilgrims of the Holy Grail
Grail Relique w/14 Pilgrims -190-
Amazing unit! With the BSB will be even better. This will be both my greatest tarpit and a small hammer

Young Knights to the Lady True
5 Mounted Yeomen w/shields , spears, bows -80-
Fast cav. Pure and simple

RARE
Knights of Honour True
6 Grail Knights w/command, Twilight Banner -283-
My big hammer unit. The Twilight Banner will be great for catching opponents off guard

Total: 1985 Points

8 PD 6-7 DD, One scroll

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear them:D They could be on the fluff the tactics the composition etc.

LEMME HAVE IT
Cheers
Matt

ak47 monkey
13-03-2006, 17:01
thats cool

Ivan the Terrible
13-03-2006, 17:22
I like your ideas a lot! I think you are 10 points over with Morgan though. I'm pretty sure you have to include your virtues with your magic. That would put you at 60. Great fluff though, have fun.

ROCKY
13-03-2006, 17:36
Excellent. I love this list!

PurifyingFlame of Justice
13-03-2006, 22:07
Do you plan to play offensively?
Why no trebs?
Too character heavy for my liking - and poor choice of items seen out from a pure effeciency point of view.

Personally I don't like that big MAA units (20 max prefere 16.)

branchwrath
13-03-2006, 23:40
Oops I am a bit over with Morgan...That shall be remedied quickly...

About Trebs. My army is meant to be a pilgrimage so hauling around a huge war machine like that probably wouldn't fit too well to my story.

I appreciate all the positive feedback so far.

Any other suggestions?

branchwrath
14-03-2006, 15:21
Friendly bump.

Help me out here:D